LegacyGT.com

Growling/Clunking noise in rear while accelerating hard in 1st or 2nd ??

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope it is Legacy specific

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I looks like we're going to have to wait for something to break on somebodys car, but it's been over year so far and nothing has broken on anybody. So I guess we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
Welll, REM870 came by this evening, and we made a few discoveries.

First, while the graphic a few pages back calls for 81 lbs nut and bolt going through the bushing it was not anywhere near that on the car. I'd say it was about 81 BILLION pounds.

Second, the bushings in that location are NOT the same as for the rear of the diff. They actually are solid.

Third, our Impreza bushings won't fit. They are close, but about 0.2" too small on the OD.

So, next up is for someone to take some silicon sheet about 3/16" thick, cut some small squares out of it, and JAM it into the gaps in the bushings in the rear and see what that does to the noise.

Any progress on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, bringing this back. My car started doing this on Friday except in the front. It is a deep groaning noise with vibration and you can feel it in the floorboard right by the firewall. The dealership spent 3 hours and couldnt not find an issue with with the CV joints or bearings and hand no clue what it was.

Please read this to see if its the same thing. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1296057#post1296057

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

OK, we need this research done.

I will do it! Somebody send me parts and I will install and try.

Now that I got more torque (337wtq) I can make the noise on an 80 degree day.:mad:

With the extra power I have now I can get the noise in ANY temp!

I am willing to try any new part, just send it this way!

Ok, bringing this back. My car started doing this on Friday except in the front. It is a deep groaning noise with vibration and you can feel it in the floorboard right by the firewall. The dealership spent 3 hours and couldnt not find an issue with with the CV joints or bearings and hand no clue what it was.

Please read this to see if its the same thing. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1296057#post1296057

Amy - check the LCA bushings up front.