LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for lowering springs anyone?

srgdrum

Well, not beyond my purchase from Japan.

Anyway I saw several (recent) SpecB Bilstein take-offs and they always had different part numbers than mine, so I quite believe it to be the case.

Besides, I have no reason to not belive the seller. The Bilstein I bought were from his own car and he stated he has 2.0GT wagon.

Did you compare your Bilstein part# with that of the USDM SpecB?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question for you guys

would the springs for 5MT Wagon LGT work on my 4EAT 2.5i?

since both almost weighs the same... :confused: please help me out

Thank you

I think they will too!:) I recommended Hanger to get the iON wagon springs for his 2.5i to raise the rear a bit (some people prefer this).

But does anyone knows if Hanger's 2.5i shock/struts are the same as the ones on the GT?:icon_conf

Yes, because of how rear fenders are cut on our cars it's a good idea to put wagon springs on sedan. Especially if you carry load in trunk.

Wagon owners have to resort gettho spacers.

Or coilovers..... hmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...
Can we swap struts with the STi? I'm guessing it's no but just throwing the idea out there.

The fronts maybe, but what the hell do you do about the multilinksetup in the rear vs the Sti's macpherson rear struts, they're totally diff.

Ed

i'm a newbie on suspension.... and every other parts on the legacy... one question... will only getting lowering spring hurt the car in any way? or is it better to get like a whole set of shocks? or it doesnt matter? links or sticky on this topic? thanks

i'm a newbie on suspension.... and every other parts on the legacy... one question... will only getting lowering spring hurt the car in any way? or is it better to get like a whole set of shocks? or it doesnt matter? links or sticky on this topic? thanks

Check out the Cobb springs. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45597

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

The downside can be the ride. If you want to keep the ride and get rid of the roll get sway bars(I went F&R whiteline adj.). IF you want to get rid of squat and dive springs will help you with that.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

IMO STi Pinks + USDM struts (used them for severl months) is not a combination you will be happy with long term. Too much spring and not enough strut. It is fine on smooth roads, as is pretty much any combination since the suspension isn't doing any work, but on broken pavement, potholes etc. the ride is harsh with not very good control.

BTW the Pinks are an excellent match for JDM struts.

• 1 month later...
if only koni would make some yellows for us. loved them on my last car and lifetime warrenty that they actually honor. friend sent the shaft through the top and they replaced it and warned him not to do something stupid like that again cuz they wont replace it next time.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived