LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for lowering springs anyone?

srgdrum

I've done a few things to my new 06 LGT 5EAT since I got it a few weeks ago. TDC Stage 1 and some cosmetic stuff. Cleared and blacked out the headlights (what a pain in the arse that was!!!). Debagded the trunk. Painted the calipers. DIY grille (Bondo eats it!).

Now it seems time to lower the car a little and I'm looking for some recommendations.

I don't want anything too radical as this is my daily driver. I want to lose some wheel well gap but I also don't want to blow out my strut seals either. This will be more of a cosmetic mod as well but I do plan on upgraded sways in the future.

Does anyone have any info on a set of springs that work well with the factory struts? I know that stiffer springs will wear out the struts faster but I'd like to minimize that wear by selecting the correct springs for this application.

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the Swifts work for an 06 LGT 5EAT sedan?

I think the best person to answer that would be Gary at Mann Engineering. I'll try to find out about the fitment of the MT Springs on a 5EAT Legacy. I suspect that the Swifts are not transmission-specific.

I vote for iONs springs, variable rate fronts FTW IMO!

Whatever springs you get plan on getting upgraded struts in the future, it is just better.

The iONs are a bit firmer then the pinks I believe, so if you want to maximize your OEM strut life then the pinks would likely be a bit better.

Can you explain to me what does "variable rate fronts" mean?

The first inch of compression is softer then the second inch. That means IME that the car will ride fairly decent over small bumps, but when you really work the suspension (on-ramp, auto-X) then it acts like a stiffer spring.

Archived