LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for lowering springs anyone?

srgdrum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like H-tech on 5mt wagon. They make a prefect combo with my Whiteline Adj. F&R swaybars. I think it sits just right and the ride is great. I got them for $170 shipped. those are 19"x7.5" with 225/35/19.

144944(1).thumb.JPG.abba28caab2fb54a227f2e4419611bbc.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Two letters. H&R.

I have had them on my LGT sedan for a year now.

Any pics of the drop? Are you still on stock shocks?

What are your opinions after a year?

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

I like H-tech on 5mt wagon. They make a prefect combo with my Whiteline Adj. F&R swaybars. I think it sits just right and the ride is great. I got them for $170 shipped. those are 19"x7.5" with 225/35/19.

Man, that looks great!

I wonder how different the H-Techs would be on a 2.5i wagon? I know the GT's are heavier in the front so maybe I would sit a little higher in the front with these springs.

It's so hard to find springs for the 2.5i that leave an even drop...front always seems higher.

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

What about Eibach? Do they have an application for the LGT yet?

I had a set on an old DSM and loved them.

I had Eibach, along with Bilsteins, on an Integra GSR. Suited the Integra well enough but I think it would produce too harsh a ride for a Legacy. IIRC, the Eibachs were progressive rate springs as well, seems most quality springs are.

Nothing yet on the LGT, don't want to change its quiet/smooth/yet fast character. I remember reading taht H&R OE Sport springs are only 25% firmer than factory springs for any given application, with just a little lowering. That's something that would not drastically change the way the LGT rolls down the road, something I love.:wub:

Where would one find ions if they were looking for them, I found http://www.ionperformance.com/index.html but no dealers that carry them..

What about these 'progressive technology' ones i found on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Progress-05-06-Legacy-GT-Coil-Lowering-Springs-40-2320_W0QQitemZ290034014633QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Where would one find ions if they were looking for them, I found http://www.ionperformance.com/index.html but no dealers that carry them..

What about these 'progressive technology' ones i found on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Progress-05-06-Legacy-GT-Coil-Lowering-Springs-40-2320_W0QQitemZ290034014633QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Call Jack at (403)615-7269

or e-mail

Address and phone numbers can be found on vendor page.

^ nah, drove on a set, they are firm, but not something that the baby will wake up or complain about.

I personally wouldn't say the STi pinks (with OE Bilsteins in my case) are too firm. This setup feels much softer than my OE H&R/Bilstein setup from my VW R32.

Actually, I'm wishing the springs were a bit stiffer and that the valving on the Bilsteins was a bit tighter. It's just not as controlled as I'd like.

I personally wouldn't say the STi pinks (with OE Bilsteins in my case) are too firm. This setup feels much softer than my OE H&R/Bilstein setup from my VW R32.

Actually, I'm wishing the springs were a bit stiffer and that the valving on the Bilsteins was a bit tighter. It's just not as controlled as I'd like.

What Pinks you have? GT or SpecB?

You realize that your USDM SpecB Bilsteins are the same as JDM GT Rev. C Bilsteins, i.e. softer than JDM SpecB Bilsteins.

What Pinks you have? GT or SpecB?

You realize that your USDM SpecB Bilsteins are the same as JDM GT Rev. C Bilsteins, i.e. softer than JDM SpecB Bilsteins.

I have the specB pinks.

Are you sure the JDM GT Rev. C Bilsteins are firmer than the OE Bilsteins?

I assume JDM specB = US specB for Bilsteins? I wasn't aware that the Rev. C Bilsteins were better.

Was this confirmed anywhere? If so, then I need new dampers. My car feels underdamped with the regular US-spec Bilsteins.

Is this already confirmed?

Well, not beyond my purchase from Japan.

Anyway I saw several (recent) SpecB Bilstein take-offs and they always had different part numbers than mine, so I quite believe it to be the case.

Besides, I have no reason to not belive the seller. The Bilstein I bought were from his own car and he stated he has 2.0GT wagon.

Archived