LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

Currently no discount will be given to get the different product, the AP 2.0. The AP 1.0 has some short comings (cable, baud rate, etc.) that cannot be easily upgraded. We thought about purchasing them back and turning them into OBDII scan tools but then again we would still upset people with the products above mentioned quality short-comings. We really just want to make a better unit and move on with the AP 2.0.

We have added a FAQ section about the AP 1.0 & 2.0 if you would like to check that out.

Take care,

Christian.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can AVCS but tuned without a dyno? I was thinking of using the following procedure to dial in a new set of headers (don't have them yet and I'd like to use as little dyno time as possible):

1) adjust the boost targets to hold a constant (low) relative pressure

2) advance the intake cam timing slightly across the rev range

3) observe the MAF g/s log for increases and decreases in the flow

4) keep the more advanced settings where the flow was increased and revert to the old values where there was no change or a decrease in flow

5) pay attention to the logs to see if there are any spots where WGDC suddenly drops off to maintain boost (I'm hoping this is a good indicator that reversion is just starting to happen) and avoid advancing those areas.

I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong, that most good aftermarket headers will improve scavenging a bit and allow the cam timing to remain advance to a slightly higher RPM before the EGBP becomes high enough to cause reversion. I'm also assuming that slightly more cam advance will likely be needed at lower engine speeds to get the turbo to spool up quickly with the headers.

• 5 months later...

On the dyno right now..... Street Tuner dyno tuning.

We keep hitting P0244 code and it cuts fuel. WG duty set to 0, we get about 14 psi on my actuator.

It builds boost fine but about 4500 RPM it cuts fuel and throws P0244

what can we do to get rid of this? wg duty is about 70 to start then tapers lower to maybe 40-60

On the dyno right now..... Street Tuner dyno tuning.

We keep hitting P0244 code and it cuts fuel. WG duty set to 0, we get about 14 psi on my actuator.

It builds boost fine but about 4500 RPM it cuts fuel and throws P0244

what can we do to get rid of this? wg duty is about 70 to start then tapers lower to maybe 40-60

sounds like your WGDC is not in line with the boost your are running and the boost targets. If the car is targeting less than 14 and you can't get the boost down it will probably assume that there's something wrong with the WG and cut fuel.

sounds like your WGDC is not in line with the boost your are running and the boost targets. If the car is targeting less than 14 and you can't get the boost down it will probably assume that there's something wrong with the WG and cut fuel.

I lengthened the rod and it ran fine at 16 psi. he tuned fuel... then upped the boost by a little bit and it cut again. I just lengthened the rod more.

I will ask him about the targets

tuner says it hitting lower WGDC than what he is asking for (I believe that is what he said).... he does not understand why the WG cut is ocurring. I guess he does not have this issue with the UTec.... and this is his first time tuning COBB. Any first-steps that we might have missed?

IIRC, the ecu will hit lower wgdc if it is having trouble controlling the boost.

What turbo are you using?

vf40 18G

we are done for the day. I will email logs and maps later if people are interested.

I know the tuner did not touch turbo dynamics. we loaded teh stage 2 base map and default settings, so that is what it is using as of now.

Here are my maps that he left me with. timing was not touched because he could not get me any boost. as soon as he would raise WGDC I would either hit boost cut or fuel cut. P0244

right-click save-as

www.casopolis.com/tuning/pure2.stb

www.casopolis.com/tuning/pure7.str

Log of this map.

www.casopolis.com/tuning/TUNER_070324154039.csv

Edmundu is going to send me a new map based on the ones above. He said the problem is low WGDC table is higher than the high WGDC table (some of the values at least).

You need to change the fuel cut table. In this table you set what PSI you hit boost cut at. Its a nice little safety feature.

The Higher and Lower WGDC tables need to be within 10 points of each other at the same RPM.

thanks I will look into that. Edmund has my map and has the same ST as me... so he is going to make some changes and send it my way. Once I get bast this goofy boost issue, I will go back to the dyno and my tuner can finish the tune... timing, etc.