LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East to learn – That’s a hard one. I found that the best way to learn is find someone who knows what they are doing to show you. Easy to learn hard to master.

Good price – It retails for $200. You will need a wideband ~$200

Get involved – Sure, if it’s something you want to learn. If you plan to stop at stage 1 or 2 then I wouldn’t bother, if you are going to do a new turbo it (or a ProTune) are a must.

has anyone had to rescale their load breakpoints yet? I'm finding that I'm runninng loads above the max on the tables. while this makes tuning easier as there is no doubt as to which cells to edit, I'm worried that the ecu is nolonger compensating correctly. I was thinking of just rescaling the last two columns as the car normally sees low to medium throttle, WOT, but almost never a little less than WOT. Does moving the 2.3 load point to 2.4 (populated with data interpolated from 2.3 and 2.5) and extending the 2.5 load point to 2.7- 2.9 make sense?

^^Yes, I have! I basically looked at the existing breakpoints, and then used interpolation to allow me 3(?, I forget, but I have up to 3.4 now) new load columns.

I left the 1.4 and lower load sites alone, and then afterwards, I increased by .2-.3. It took a little time using a few WOT datalogs and then using an excel function that interpolates between cells, so that I had a good idea of what my changes impact. And also to match up to what my previous logs had.

I rescaled the Primary Fuel, Ignition, and Dynamic Advance with the same breakpoints. They don't need to be, but I figured it would be neater. I'm also thinking of moving some of my current breakpoints around a bit, now that I have pretty muched seen where my alky map is riding...

What you propose is fine, the biggest thing is to just pick columns that have a pretty linear change, those coould easily be cut out, and slid over, opening up more resolution for where you need/want it.

Currently, I rescaled my fuel/timing maps up to 3.25. However, I am thinking I may need to go up to 3.5.

At what point does our MAF run out?

While using the map tracing function, is there a way to have it mark the cells where it has been?

Currently, I rescaled my fuel/timing maps up to 3.25. However, I am thinking I may need to go up to 3.5.

At what point does our MAF run out?

While using the map tracing function, is there a way to have it mark the cells where it has been?

Wow, what turbo are you running? The stock MAF reads to 5volts. Although the accuracy at 4.9v on up is starting to push the sensor limits...

I've got an Avo450, and it pushes 4.92v, so I'm almost maxxing it out myself:icon_mrgr .

Edit: Correction, I was just out logging/adjusting wg duty air temp compensation and I pulled a solid 4.96v from 6.7K up..:icon_surp !

So you are scaled up to 3.4 and that only covers up to 4.9V? So 3.5 is the limit for the stock maf?

With a VF34 I was already seeing load of about 3.19. Im just trying to cover all of my bases.

What about the tracing function? IS there a way for it to mark the cells?

4.9 is the limit of the stock MAF and unless you are putting down almost 400 whp you aren't even close.

There is no way for it to mark the cells. Just do a log and see how high load goes.

The ECU calculates load based on a number of inputs. What is the max load you are seeing?

So you are scaled up to 3.4 and that only covers up to 4.9V? So 3.5 is the limit for the stock maf?

With a VF34 I was already seeing load of about 3.19. Im just trying to cover all of my bases.

What about the tracing function? IS there a way for it to mark the cells?

You can scale for whatever you want. Whether your engine can generate enough load to hit those points is another thing.... If I want I can map for above what the stock MAF reads/calculates, you would just use your wideband and tune your last load column to what you want to see....

I could just as easily have my intake calibrated to hit loads of 4.5, but then my fuel tables wouldn't be anywhere near resembling what's being read by the wideband. Point is, load is a calculated number, you can manipulate it. MAF volts, OTOH, cannot. (Only if you change the size/diameter of it.)

So, I would think with a vf34, you aren't even close to approaching 4.9v, let alone 5.0v. You should be fine with just scaling for the loads you currently see. IF you go bigger turbo, it'll need a new tune anyway....

I was just trying to get a correlation between calculated load and maf voltage. That sucks that it doesnt mark the cells as it goes along. I really liked that functionality in the other software that I use.

Calculated load uses the values from the intake calibration table, don't forget to take that into consideration. The StreetTUNER software that we are developing for the AP 2.0 will have the footprint function you are speaking about.

I'm worried that the ecu is nolonger compensating correctly.

The ECU will use the last load column to calculate fuel and ignition. You can run 4.0 engine load and it will still use the last column to calculate fuel and ignition values.

Take care,

Christian.

What is the total cost for this tuning software provided I have no accessport at the moment.

Thanks,

Chris

If buying a new AP, it will be about $645 + $195. Well worth the $$$, and if you p/u a used AP, then you could shave off another $50-75 or so....

I am still nervous about going to my local shop with COBB ST. They tune subarus, but not with COBB AP. So I am wondering if they know all the little 'tricks' that everyone uses. Throttle response, quick spool, etc, etc. The good tuners out there know all the little tricks to get a sweet tune.

^^ It's not that tricky... If they tune Subaru's using another reflashing tool (Ecutek), this will be even easier. The Real Time tuning aspect of ST is great. No wasted flashes, trying to hone in on the right balance of settings.

About the only drawback w/ST, is you don't have access to as many tables as a Protuner(yet!), so you might have some issues with non-stock type injector's, and what not...

I am fairly sure PT gets accel ign compensation maps and ST doesn't.

thats the only one I am almost certain about.

but you should take anything I say about AP/ST/PT with a grain of salt :icon_wink

Do you know what tables? No one at Cobb is willing to talk :(

Do you know what tables? No one at Cobb is willing to talk :(

idle speed is one. so is the high detonation fuel map. I was told that the high det fuel maps are set correctly from the factory so it would be better to just leave them be. the guys at Cobb have answered all my questions so far....even the ones I should have been able to answer by going through their ST forum (just found it on the weekend) :icon_wink

idle speed is one. so is the high detonation fuel map. I was told that the high det fuel maps are set correctly from the factory so it would be better to just leave them be. the guys at Cobb have answered all my questions so far....even the ones I should have been able to answer by going through their ST forum (just found it on the weekend) :icon_wink

No one has the answer to this one...

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31773

Answered,

Christian. ;) Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Once again you are the man :) I agree that people with play with things just becuse they can, guilty :lol:

Will there be a discount for people with AP 1.0 who want to upgrade to AP 2.0?