LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Import Car Doctor in Covina. http://www.importcardoctor.com

Look for Aaron. He's very honest and 100% perfectionist. He never rush anything, and he always explain everything in clear detail of how the job is to be done. Very very professional he even polish the restroom floor. He mainly work on import show cars and even feature cars on super street and other magazines. They also did some tv shows, pretty crazy.

He did a regular 4 wheel alignment for me recently and my brakes yesterday. For alignment, he uses a $85k+ alignment machine that uses a special IR camera that measures everything to the 100th of a inch. He will compete with any alignment shop, this guy always test the car before any adjustments and after adjustments. Very very detailed. He can also do engine swap, rebuild, restoration.... etc

• 4 weeks later...
You can take your car to Firestone and give them your alignment specs. For $150 lifetime alignment service, it is worth it if you keep changing your set up.

i spec it out personally? usually the whole arrangement is more passive: i bring it in, they hand it back to me and say- we had to give it this much neg camber, don't slam it so much...

i spec it out personally? usually the whole arrangement is more passive: i bring it in, they hand it back to me and say- we had to give it this much neg camber, don't slam it so much...

Alignment shops usually will set it back to factory specs.

do you have to get alignment after putting rear sway bar on?

no

just did Firestone as rec'd. nice guys, good service. now gotta get the RSB installed.

i need a place that does easy install projects for guys who can't do easy installs. i'd love to knock out a jazzy aux-in, cleared headlights, and sway bar install all at once.

We can do that, the headlights require an oven if u lrave the car over night we can do it for u

just did Firestone as rec'd. nice guys, good service. now gotta get the RSB installed.

i need a place that does easy install projects for guys who can't do easy installs. i'd love to knock out a jazzy aux-in, cleared headlights, and sway bar install all at once.

• 1 month later...
to me.. $180 does not sound reasonable for bending a pipe.
no bending involved. we were asked to re make that pipe. 2 hours labor to re fabricate the hot side isn't unreasonable. For things like that you should bring the parts by a shop to get a reasonable quote not just describing the issue on the phone.

Who knows maybe it can be done for $40, 2 hours was simply an estimate based on something we haven't seen in person.

wouldn't you rather get an estimate of $180 and have it cost 40-60 than get an estimate of $60 and have to pay $180?

P.S. that's an invitation to swing by for us to check it out for ya and see what we can do !!

Edited by HB Speed

i felt like i got a pretty straight forward answer and it sounded like you knew exactly what the issue and resolution was.

you know.. you could have just told me over the phone what you just said about coming in for a better quote..

btw i use the phone because it saves me time =)

i felt like i got a pretty straight forward answer and it sounded like you knew exactly what the issue and resolution was.

you know.. you could have just told me over the phone what you just said about coming in for a better quote..

btw i use the phone because it saves me time =)

twas not i you spoke to ;)

If you wish swing by and we will take a looksie, i'm sure it simple, or email us a photo or something of the sort so that it can be clear what ya need!

Anyone know of a shop near San Diego (92122) to get brake pads replaced? At this point, I'm considering going all the way to Harman Motive, but not sure if they do maintenance, pricing, etc. They quoted me for HPS pads at $160 on all corners though. Any pointers?

:?

We can do that for you 1/2 way between harman and SD in OC (fountain valley right off the 405

Pm me for more details!

Anyone know of a shop near San Diego (92122) to get brake pads replaced? At this point, I'm considering going all the way to Harman Motive, but not sure if they do maintenance, pricing, etc. They quoted me for HPS pads at $160 on all corners though. Any pointers?

:?

do you already have the hps pads?

is 160 just for labor? or pads? because if it's for both that's cheap. I think i paid 130 for JUST pads. did the install myself.

you are welcome to my tools and garage if you need to do the install yourself. if you need my help then some sort of fooding compensation would be required :p

car for sale. PM me!