LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty much what I've found. My brother-in-law told me his uncle is strapped for cash right now and might do it for fairly cheap -- apparently he's done a lot of custom work and has been featured in magazines..etc. I'll find out more...

• 2 months later...
I'm creating this thread so people would know good reputable places to take their cars to be worked on. If you have taken your car to a shop and you're happy with the work done please feel free to add the name and contact info. Can a mod sticky this thread?

Suby Specialties - http://subyspecialties.com/ - general work

Street Image - http://streetimage.com/ - general work

Harman Motive - http://harmanmotive.com/ - tuning

Yimi Sport Tuning - http://www.yimisport.com

All this places can do the standard 30K and other required service maintenance?

What about audio upgrades...can anyone give me some tips? I want to add speakers, capacitor, amp, etc. Not sure if any of this places do electrical work.

All this places can do the standard 30K and other required service maintenance?

What about audio upgrades...can anyone give me some tips? I want to add speakers, capacitor, amp, etc. Not sure if any of this places do electrical work.

All the shops that Rommel listed can do regular maintenance or install performance parts. Both Yimi Sport Tuning and Harman Motive offer dyno tuning services as well. None of the aforementioned shops normally install audio gear.

LA - but might be moving down to the O.C. soon. Yeah I just stumbled upon this site by accident. Did a google search on the plastic shroud that covers the lower engine compartment to figure-out how the hell to take it off. lol

I plan on taking some pics and getting on board here soon. All I have done is get the windows tinted so far.

Hey Guys,

Don't know if you'll think this is a deal or not, but I can get your front bumpers filled, primed and repainted for around $300. Less for the rear bumper, because it's probably less scratched/pitted.

Obviously, this is just an estimate, but the $300 is probably the worst case cost.

All done with PPG paint. They do OEM work, etc. so quality is pretty good and the paint match is great. Industry only...not open to the public.

Located in Long Beach!

Let me know if there's any interest.

Merry X-Mas everybody.

Can anyone recommend a top notch audio installation center in LA or OC?

Best Buy and Circuit City seem to be garbage. Al & Ed's seems to be ok, but not really sold on them yet.

Also does anyone know where I can buy the Navone LOC to keep the factory head unit? I'd like to purchase it at a retail store if possible.

You'll want something better than the Navone LOC. The stock head unit has a variable EQ curve built in to it. That needs to be EQ'ed out to provide a flat signal for good quality aftermarket amp(s) and speakers. JL Audio's Cleansweep is a popular option, and I believe Rockford Fosgate 3.sixty is functionally similar as well.

I was trying to avoid that Cleansweep to keep the cost down of my upgrade. Someone recommended that Navone LOC but it's no good?

Got the auto climate controls so mod for the head unit is way too expensive. Might be S.O.L. and just have to settle for speaker upgrade only and live with the stock head unit as is.

With high quality speakers and amplification the OEM equalization curve will give an overly bright sound with waaaay too much midbass boom. It will not sound good. I picked up my Cleansweep used for a little more than $200.

The Navone LOC is a very high quality LOC, but it does not address the issue with the built-in equalization of the factory head unit. I used to do quite a bit of audio install work, but it's far too time consuming for me now. I would recommend a smaller independent car audio shop rather than one of the mega chains. The craftsmanship, care and attention will be much higher.

Thanks for the plug Rommel. Yimi Sport is about 1 hour from Norwalk, or a little further than Subie Specialties. SS does excellent work, but I'll probably clock in at a lower price. It is entirely possible that I have installed more sets of coilovers on LGT's than anyone else in the country, so you could say I definitely know my way around LGT suspension work. We don't do alignments at the shop, but there is another local shop that I can refer you to that does a great job at a very reasonable price. Corner balancing certainly wouldn't hurt if you track the car, but the LGT actually corner weights very well at an even drop, so even then the gains are very small.