LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

Is there any shops that does resurfacing rotors? I'm changing my pads to Hawk HPS, and would like to resurface all my rotors to prevent noise in the future.

I've just got a quote for resurfacing 4 rotors + install 4 brake pads for $180.

most local asian mechanic shops don't do rotor resurfacing because of some liability issue??? The shop i got the quote from is JC auto shop where I get alignment from. Please let me know if there's any other cheaper shop that does this job but cheaper!

Edited by Hanger

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any shops that does resurfacing rotors? I'm changing my pads to Hawk HPS, and would like to resurface all my rotors to prevent noise in the future.

I've just got a quote for resurfacing 4 rotors + install 4 brake pads for $180.

most local asian mechanic shops don't do rotor resurfacing because of some liability issue??? The shop i got the quote from is JC auto shop where I get alignment from. Please let me know if there's any other cheaper shop that does this job but cheaper!

That's a good price IMO. That's like $45 per axle. Resurfacing is about $10 - $15 per rotor.

Hey Hanger,

Do you mind giving me the contact info. for JC Auto Shop? I need an alignment done and don't know if I want to wait two weeks for WestEnd. Do they do corner balancing? How much do their alignments run?

Thanks.

Heys guys I ust wanted to let you know that chris from dch motorsports and gravel crew fame is the new tech at carriage subaru and he wants to offer you guys the same level of service that we had over at dch now I just need to get hired for the parts department.;);)

Matt

Carriage Subaru

26825 Auto Mall Pkwy,Murrieta,CA92562

• (951)694-6060

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yeah he was there but he took this job to be closer to the gravel crew shop. because he works there on the nights and weekends. so are you nack in cali for good now?

Sign me up for a night job could use the extra cash for Xmas! And i told the wife I would stop stripping so that leaves my options kind of low.

Good to know. I'll be sure to point out exactly what I want them to do. I might like it better that way anyway. I don't want them giving my car a courtesy car wash with their filthy rags scratching up my paint.

Thanks for the heads-up

No much with service but. Over all impression is you have to ask for something if you want it done. They won't just do it unless you ask even if it is obvious. I work down the street. Good over all.

I just got my 2.5i last May so I still have 30k miles and 2.5 years on my bumper to bumper. Thanks for the offer though.

Let knownif you ever want somthing taken care of out of warranty. I am anace cert tech.

I just got out of service at Bob Baker in Carlsbad and everything went pretty smooth. I just had them doing the PZEV ECU Reflash and it took about an hour start to finish. No complaints but it was a pretty simple service :).