LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

who is your paint guy in vista that you use?

His name is Jerry Morris, and his phone number is: (760) 717-7459. Company is Finishline.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

common questions, so i apologize, but any shops in the la area you guys recommend to do the lca bushing swap? i've ordered the avo/turbo (zero offset) but my local mom&pop place only does maintenance and not "performance" stuff.

i'm in la/west la. seems most places mentioned are in orange county or san diego.

thanks,

jksu

HB Speed in Fountain Valley. Can do it all. They installed my LCA bushes and the WL Roll-Center Kit, in addition to the Bilstein/Swift conversion from stock setup. They also recently tuned my stage 2 bits and will be installing and tuning the WBR FMIC FP18G setup.

HB Speed in Fountain Valley. Can do it all. They installed my LCA bushes and the WL Roll-Center Kit, in addition to the Bilstein/Swift conversion from stock setup. They also recently tuned my stage 2 bits and will be installing and tuning the WBR FMIC FP18G setup.

HB installed my coilovers and I was impressed at their work. They did a great, conscientious job. I'll go back to them for the things I'm not ready to do myself (many things). I'm in West LA so I'd prefer they were Culver City Speed.

paul did my lca bushings this morning. super cool guy and very very knowledgeable.

thanks for the reference.

jksu

Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita

Who do you recommend we ask for ? I thought they serve mostly the WRX crowd but maybe Legacy/OB is close enough.

Jamal is awesome. if he can work on your car, the better. although... they all know subies very well. the legacy is not really... exotic :p

plus the front end of the new wrx is basically a legacy. no worries there.

as far as tuning goes jon is one of the best.

although if you are closer to SFV, yimisport is good too. paul leung owns probably one of the most hooked up legacys in the country. he used to be a big poster here, but he's on nasioc now. he did the work on my turbo setup and everything's been great so far.

also probably by far the best bumper cutter for LGT FMICs known to man :p

car for sale. PM me!

Does anyone know any mechanics around who work at these shops or who just have a lot of know how with the engines who would be interested in doing my swap for me so that i dont have to pay 50-75/hour labor for it?

I have a RHD postal wagon and am looking to import a JDM front clip to swap over. ( i still am not 100% sure what im doing to do). Was hoping to find someone who is looking to earn some extra bucks that has done this kind of thing before at a shop or on their own...

That's a big job. You might want to talk to Steve over at Suby Specialties in Monrovia if they will do it.

Most tuner shops try to avoid that kind of job because it takes too much time and too much headache on their side to do engine swaps.

Who do you recommend we ask for ? I thought they serve mostly the WRX crowd but maybe Legacy/OB is close enough.

Anyone there is great! My preference is Pete (Jamal) as he's got the most run-time there and is probably the most experienced suspension guy in the area. Plus, he's a Legacy owner so he's automatically got extra cache.

There've already been several Legacys through HBS, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. Later-gen Subarus are basically the same model-to-model with minor variances for the individual chassis and or drive train setups.

Does anyone know any mechanics around who work at these shops or who just have a lot of know how with the engines who would be interested in doing my swap for me so that i dont have to pay 50-75/hour labor for it?

I have a RHD postal wagon and am looking to import a JDM front clip to swap over. ( i still am not 100% sure what im doing to do). Was hoping to find someone who is looking to earn some extra bucks that has done this kind of thing before at a shop or on their own...

No matter who does it, you're looking at $3-4K in labor beyond any parts you import or might need.

Anyone there is great! My preference is Pete (Jamal) as he's got the most run-time there and is probably the most experienced suspension guy in the area. Plus, he's a Legacy owner so he's automatically got extra cache.

There've already been several Legacys through HBS, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. Later-gen Subarus are basically the same model-to-model with minor variances for the individual chassis and or drive train setups.

Thx for the tip. I'll take my OB there to get hawk pads and SS lines installed. Don't like to mess with bleeding the fluid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm taking my car there Friday to get the WL Roll Center Kit installed. I wanted to go to Suby Specialties since they are local, but they quoted me $135 more than HB Speed did.