LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to do the PZEV ECU refresh too...Irvine or Costa Mesa Subaru decent? Everyone is taking their PZEV's in to get the work done at once, I might wait a few weeks when the crowd dies down.

I thought there was going to be a long wait here in Carlsbad too but I made a 7:45am appointment and was out by 8:45am. It didn't take the 40 minutes that the recall paper work said it would but to be in and out in an hour was better than I was expecting.

I need to do the PZEV ECU refresh too...Irvine or Costa Mesa Subaru decent? Everyone is taking their PZEV's in to get the work done at once, I might wait a few weeks when the crowd dies down.

I recommend SCS over Irvine and I live 10 minutes from Irvine Subaru.

• 2 months later...

Any recs on getting the Koni "cut-a-strut" setup installed between LA and San Diego? Definitely don't want to be someone's guinea pig. I think JSalicru is now in Texas somewhere so he is no longer my go-to mechanic.

If you missed it, these Konis are selling for well under their typical pricing. Get em while they're hot.

Any recs on getting the Koni "cut-a-strut" setup installed between LA and San Diego? Definitely don't want to be someone's guinea pig. I think JSalicru is now in Texas somewhere so he is no longer my go-to mechanic.

If you missed it, these Konis are selling for well under their typical pricing. Get em while they're hot.

I'm surprised either of us has not mentioned this before. Yes he is in Texas now, and any work he was doning or could not get to I would take over the project. I know he will back me up on this. I'll have him post heself for reasurance.

I am a professional auto technican and work on very expensive cars for a living. I charge about the same and help people out when ever I can, and the best I can. I get GOOD discounts for OEM parts and know what I'm doing. You can PM me with any questions you may have.

Yea, sorry that I didn't really say something on here, but yes, I have now moved and settled in Austin, TX (it's actually sunny today!!) Basically there are two people that I would trust with the clientele that I had built up. Henry (socalsleeper) is one, and I have another friend down in Chula Vista named Ryan. These guys are both Porsche certified technicians. :)

The only issue with Ryan is that although he's a brilliant mechanic, he's also quite busy. Between his startup shop (RSR Autosport) and his racing team, he tends to travel a bit.

Nevertheless, if any of you guys have any questions in regards to Henry or Ryan, give me a PM or if you have my number, just call me.

I'll still be available with the same phone # if you want me to consult you with anything as before.

NOW I JUST NEED SOME BUSINESS FROM AUSTIN, TX AREA!!!

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• 1 month later...
Anyone know of a decent, honest place to take Toyotas for normal maintenance and repairs in the West LA area? I've been letting my wife take her Highlander to the dealer for years because I've been too lazy to research private mechanics, but it's off warranty so no more dealer for her.

Anyone know of a decent, honest place to take Toyotas for normal maintenance and repairs in the West LA area? I've been letting my wife take her Highlander to the dealer for years because I've been too lazy to research private mechanics, but it's off warranty so no more dealer for her.

Crestview Service on Pico near Doheny. I've been going there for years. Good general mechanics. Reasonable and honest.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/crestview-service-center-los-angeles

Great Yelp reviews and an extremely convenient location for me! Thanks for the tip!

I hadn't used Yelp before. Thanks. They are deserved good reviews. There are two Steves there. Steve Krieger (sp?) and Mike are owners and (big) Steve and Chris are service writers. As one of the reviewers said, they work as a team and try to take care of their customers. Tell them Leif sent you. You may have to cheer for UCLA though. ;)

• 1 month later...
Just got back to SD from the Middle East and I'm looking to add some hp to the 05 leggy. Any new shops in the SD area? I only have the one car so leaving it in LA for an extended period isn't happening.

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE FORMAN PERFORMANCE.

I take it things did not work out well.

To answer your question I'm sure there are plenty of guys on the forum( myself included) that would be happy to help you out. But if you want to take youR car to a shop. As a former auto technician I can only recommend you drop it off and rent a car for a weekend. Most local business offer military discounts you don't want to rush the work. Because we are all human and can over look things from time to time ( sorry morning woodie wagon). But I have heard good things about. Harman motive and yimi sport.

Yimi is a no go too. That's boostjunkie, lol. Paul (Yimi) uses Forman and together they are one heck of a team.

I should open my own Subaru shop. Heck , I fix half the **** ups from these guys for forum members anyway.

Brother in law is in Fallbrook. He is a Honda Master Mechanic with 25 years at dealerships. We could all trade some good ones I am sure. I am right on the 76. Fallbrook is only 20 minutes away. I am down for a dinner meet anytime.