LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JC Auto in Temple City for alignments, breaks, suspensions, and wheels/tires

DCH motorsports does a stellar job on alighnments 89.00. They have a 30k wheel balance machine:eek:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I'll vouch for Darren at West end Alignment rocks, he does all my ol' SE-R buddies that road race in NASA or just hot-lap & my good friend Mike Kojima Sport Compact Car tech-contributor takes all his SCC project cars & personal/race cars there as well. :)

Maybe I should talk to "boostjunkie" about a clutch install here soon, especially since I read we're neighbors here in Valencia. Man 1.5 mos. w/out my baby is too long. :(

~Carlos

Driving mom's ol' '94 auto G20 ...aaah memories!

I'm not doing as many installs now. I prefer doing suspension work and tend to shy away from heavier duty stuff like clutch installs that are much easier with a lift. I'm sending a lot of work over to my buddy Paul Yim who owns Yimi Sport Tuning in town (Santa Clarita). He's a great guy and all his work is quality and reasonably priced.

I'm sending a lot of work over to my buddy Paul Yim who owns Yimi Sport Tuning in town (Santa Clarita). He's a great guy and all his work is quality and reasonably priced.

No Problem Paul, nice to meet ya, err, I guess..??;) Oh um, I was actually j/k on the clutch thing, hehe I hear ya, about the only things I ever did on my track slut were hand-tool stuff. Yes, I've been in touch w/ Paul Yim actually before I signed up here to post, sounds very knowledgable & friendly. I just got the ACT kit from Ian @ Harman, another very cool hombre. Now if I can just get the car over to Yim via AAA...

I'm still debating wether or not to have it fixed before goin' to the Subie $tealer & see what they say about the clutch. Or not... Hell I just want the car back, it's a 3200 lb. paperweight collecting dust right now, come by & see for yourself, I'm over by the XMAS tree farm! ;)

Wow, if that guy drove here from Upland to see a DP install, that's hardcore! :) I used to drive from here 52 mi. to Glendora for work. :/

BTW, I am no wrench-monkey, but for 'shadetree' installs a dp is a 4 vs. a clucth like an 8 on the 10 scale (awd 9?)

No Problem Paul, nice to meet ya, err, I guess..??;) Oh um, I was actually j/k on the clutch thing, hehe I hear ya, about the only things I ever did on my track slut were hand-tool stuff. Yes, I've been in touch w/ Paul Yim actually before I signed up here to post, sounds very knowledgable & friendly. I just got the ACT kit from Ian @ Harman, another very cool hombre. Now if I can just get the car over to Yim via AAA...

I'm still debating wether or not to have it fixed before goin' to the Subie $tealer & see what they say about the clutch. Or not... Hell I just want the car back, it's a 3200 lb. paperweight collecting dust right now, come by & see for yourself, I'm over by the XMAS tree farm! ;)

I've seen you car before. In fact I'm willing to bet you bought it used from someone I know. Do you have Enkei wheels? :icon_wink

BTW, since you have the clutch now, either have Harman Motive do the install (their primary tech Adan is a Subaru Master Technician and VERY good at what he does) or if you don't want to schlep it down to Torrance, bring it over to Yimi.

BTW, since you have the clutch now, either have Harman Motive do the install (their primary tech Adan is a Subaru Master Technician and VERY good at what he does) or if you don't want to schlep it down to Torrance, bring it over to Yimi.

Probably, I always say "hi" or honk to fellow Subie pilots. Looks kinda weird when I do it in my mom's (RIP) ol' G20 though.

Guilty your honor, that's mine, 18" RPM2s (pita to clean btw), debadged, looks like the forum banner car minus the wing & wiper ;) Bought last April from a real nice guy (hmmm, maybe too nice? :p) named Michael S. off the 14 fwy/sierra hwy, so you know him? How?

Yeah I have it here, but for some reason I thought theflywheel had the replaceable surface.:confused: Guess I'm used to my NISMO FW in the track slut, R&R the pad for $50 & you're good to go. Oh yes Paul Y. will do it alright, just gotta get a date from him. Can you purt in a good word? ;) Not driving down to Torrance, no way, I meant taking it into the $tealer before getting it fixed just for shits & giggles. Then I'm thinkin', "why?", I just don't wanna go thru the hassle of bitching until I'm blue in the face, only to have them say "sorry, not warranty work".

Maybe I'm just getting older & don't wanna deal w/ the bs anymore <shrug>. Like I said I love the car, aside from a few nitpicks here & there. Like why they couldn't make both front windows auto up/down? :rolleyes: I digress...

Let me know when you wanna meet up sometime Paul, love to get to know the local guys. If you know the town well, we're in the Old Orchard I tract, & you? ttys

Probably, I always say "hi" or honk to fellow Subie pilots. Looks kinda weird when I do it in my mom's (RIP) ol' G20 though.

Guilty your honor, that's mine, 18" RPM2s (pita to clean btw), debadged, looks like the forum banner car minus the wing & wiper ;) Bought last April from a real nice guy (hmmm, maybe too nice? :p) named Michael S. off the 14 fwy/sierra hwy, so you know him? How?

Yeah I have it here, but for some reason I thought theflywheel had the replaceable surface.:confused: Guess I'm used to my NISMO FW in the track slut, R&R the pad for $50 & you're good to go. Oh yes Paul Y. will do it alright, just gotta get a date from him. Can you purt in a good word? ;) Not driving down to Torrance, no way, I meant taking it into the $tealer before getting it fixed just for shits & giggles. Then I'm thinkin', "why?", I just don't wanna go thru the hassle of bitching until I'm blue in the face, only to have them say "sorry, not warranty work".

Maybe I'm just getting older & don't wanna deal w/ the bs anymore <shrug>. Like I said I love the car, aside from a few nitpicks here & there. Like why they couldn't make both front windows auto up/down? :rolleyes: I digress...

Let me know when you wanna meet up sometime Paul, love to get to know the local guys. If you know the town well, we're in the Old Orchard I tract, & you? ttys

I know Michael (your car's former owner) from this forum. He's a good guy and he treated your car well. He's got a BMW 335 now... the lucky bastage!:lol:

I actually know exactly where you live. I used to work for a home delivery company, so I drove all over town in my work truck. Saw your car parked in the driveway and knew it had to be Michael's old car. I'm over in Saugus, off Bouquet Canyon, just past Haskell Canyon.

As for the clutch install at Yimi, there's always about a 50/50 chance I'll be there hanging out. If I am, I'll be sure to lend a hand.

I know Michael (your car's former owner) from this forum. He's a good guy and he treated your car well. He's got a BMW 335 now... the lucky bastage!:lol:

I actually know exactly where you live. I used to work for a home delivery company, so I drove all over town in my work truck. Saw your car parked in the driveway and knew it had to be Michael's old car. I'm over in Saugus, off Bouquet Canyon, just past Haskell Canyon.

As for the clutch install at Yimi, there's always about a 50/50 chance I'll be there hanging out. If I am, I'll be sure to lend a hand.

I figured he'd been here. See, now that's what I needed to hear, err, read, hehe! I just dunno why some of these clutches are crap, even when the car is treated right. Mmmm, yeah that's niiiice.

LOL, that's funny! Yeah if it was during the day I was home for lunch.

Cool, my brother lives off Bouquet up there too, condos on Susan Beth. Don't worry, I wont be buggin' ya for help doin' the turn signal clearing or the dome light mods! ;) Been there & done that w/ my SE-R. I just wanna get this clucth in & maybe start w/ the catback & ecu. I just emailed Yim today, and will be calling tomorrow to schedule an appt.

Sorry, but the Tribeca has a face only a mother could love! :)

I figured he'd been here. See, now that's what I needed to hear, err, read, hehe! I just dunno why some of these clutches are crap, even when the car is treated right. Mmmm, yeah that's niiiice.

LOL, that's funny! Yeah if it was during the day I was home for lunch.

Cool, my brother lives off Bouquet up there too, condos on Susan Beth. Don't worry, I wont be buggin' ya for help doin' the turn signal clearing or the dome light mods! ;) Been there & done that w/ my SE-R. I just wanna get this clucth in & maybe start w/ the catback & ecu. I just emailed Yim today, and will be calling tomorrow to schedule an appt.

Sorry, but the Tribeca has a face only a mother could love! :)

Your brother is right across the street from me. I'm on the other side of Bouquet in the houses off Susan Beth.

And quit hatin' on my wife's car :lol: It ain't the prettiest thing on the road, but it's a nice car and I think ours looks pretty good sitting on dubs:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/P1000937.jpg

if i was still in socal, i would only take my car to paul...haha

Ding! there's another plug for ya Paul. ;) I may hit ya up when I do the cat-back. ;) I promise, no more qwisecracks about the wifey's Triby! :) I actually think that's the purdiest one yet, what color is that? I love dark cars, esp. black, but never again...silver always looks clean.

As for my bro, well, some think he's my pops when we're together, taller, bald, & has a Santa beard right now, don't ask. He's a bldg. contrator, drives a big ugly ol' Dodge van, probly seen'em.

I'll PM my cel over, maybe headin' up there tonight, if so I'll look ya up.

~C'los

PS. "LooksLikeanEvo" takin' notes, those #s are righteous! Irie mon:cool: !