LegacyGT.com

Where to take your car for work in SoCal.

Rommel

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you doing going to a shop in Temecula for?? When you got perfectly good forum members in the area that "have great prices!";)

Well i could fix it myself but when you need your car back real quick and not just some basic maintenance, n and out of the shop in a day or two i would rather pay the extra money for.

Not worried about the work.

Have no fears about the install.

Just helps to see if there are any tricks I can learn. I believe I can do the work with the motor installed in the car. Everyone else who I know has done the install with the motor on a stand. Some say the oil pan wont come out with the engine in the car. I have already dropped the pan with the engine in. So, I can clear that hurdle.

But, not having removed the pick up before, it would be nice to see if I need to lift the motor off the mounts at all to get it out and in. Little things. That way the next one goes faster.

200 miles is a bit. But I can manage. Drove 100 miles to help with a spring swap just 3 weeks ago.

If you're serious about lending me a hand, I can set aside a weekend. I'll email you tomorrow to see if we can get something worked out.

My reinforced oil pickup has been sitting on my shelf for over a year.

Shoot me a PM or an email to msprank at yahoo dot com (sorry for the spelling stops the hyperlink). I am sure I can find some time. Busy this weekend (koni install for Mungo). Last weekend in July is my mothers and twin sisters B-days, so thats a no go too. Otherwise...

• 3 weeks later...

I've only done the oil pickup on an 06 STI. If it's similar then I bet if you are good a wrenching in tight places (back bolts) then it's really a piece of cake. I will mention that lifting the motor an inch or so will make the job much easier though.

I suspose cracking the pan loose after the bolts are all out may be tough for some. I used a steel wood planing blade (very strong, wide, yet thin) to pry the pan loose... Worked out great. Once the pan is out the pick up is easy enough. Again, one of the bolts to it wasn't easy to get to but if patient it works out fine.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Need good, reliable, professional work on your car? Need upgrades, installs, maintenance or repairs? Even custom modifications?

Shoot me a PM or an email at msprank@yahoo.com.

Just paid for my vendorship here on the forum and going into business. I make house calls for your car. Work can be done at my place or yours. I am in SD N County, but will travel 100+ miles to you. Looking to open a full service shop in the future. INSANE pricing.

Check out my thread in the So Cal forum.

-Mike

Try Amazon Racing in huntington beach. Arturo is a great guy and has tons of experience, he is famous in VARA racing and rally circles.his 20 valves 4AEG's are the creme.

he is on beach blvd and slater.

Need good, reliable, professional work on your car? Need upgrades, installs, maintenance or repairs? Even custom modifications?

Shoot me a PM or an email at msprank@yahoo.com.

Just paid for my vendorship here on the forum and going into business. I make house calls for your car. Work can be done at my place or yours. I am in SD N County, but will travel 100+ miles to you. Looking to open a full service shop in the future. INSANE pricing.

Check out my thread in the So Cal forum.

-Mike

I'm in West LA and don't know if it's within your range. But I'll check in with you when I need work done. Congratulations and good luck with your venture!

West LA is no problem. I have gone to Chino, Walnut, Arcadia, Alhambra, Carson, etc in just the last month alone.

605, 405, 710, 10, 60, 91, 15, 215, 5. If your near any of those I can get to you. I am in 92057. I have gone up to 400 miles round trip to work on members cars.

West LA is no problem. I have gone to Chino, Walnut, Arcadia, Alhambra, Carson, etc in just the last month alone.

605, 405, 710, 10, 60, 91, 15, 215, 5. If your near any of those I can get to you. I am in 92057. I have gone up to 400 miles round trip to work on members cars.

Someones got to do it. With all the shoddy installs and repairs being done between SD and LA someone needed to step up.

I am not perfect, but I WILL NOT let you drive away with an inferior install, I will not BS you and I WILL make it right. I take GREAT pride in my work and am EXTREMELY detail oriented. Plus I have years of experience with the cars. My own cars are a testament to my work habits and skill.

Pages 1-25 of this thread are no longer needed. MSprank is all Socal needs now.

Hey I take offence to that... I have a good rep here too. but there is plenty of subies on the road for everybody to go around. But until he get a shop, other business need our support too. somthings are just a biatch on the floor!!

^ Agreed. There have been a few locals over time who stepped up and lent a hand. socalsleeper has been doing so for some time now. There are things I can do, that just are not very feasible at someone else house. Some things take more than one day or more than one set of hands. These types of jobs are still best left to a facility with the proper tools and environment. I know my limitations. If its too big a job I will direct you properly. If I can open a real shop, no job will be too big.