LegacyGT.com

SPT Legacy Intake +43HP?!?!?!

jnd121

I went to my Subaru dealer today to order the SPT intake/heat shield and the parts dealer claimed that Subaru says that it adds +43hp :lol: . Someone please verify that this is a joke. I was thinking something like a 5-10hp gain...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+43.......Def:rolleyes:

So it gives you the same as a COBB AP, DP,UP & a flash to stage II...

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd see if the dealer would promise you that figure.

It's been discussed before, do not install a intake not even the SPT without a proper tune;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

+43.......Def:rolleyes:

So it gives you the same as a COBB AP, DP,UP & a flash to stage II...

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd see if the dealer would promise you that figure.

It's been discussed before, do not install a intake not even the SPT without a proper tune;)

From the factory our cars run too rich. COBB and other tuners take advantage of this and get more hp by leaning out the mixture (amoung other things) slightly.

I think SOA is taking advantage of this with their intake. It leans things out a bit and that gives the car more power.

It is when you are something other then stock when I would be worried about tuning the SPT intake, like if you had an AP. Stock then no problmes.

That just PROVES that dealers don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING hahaha.

Ugh..

Don't bother with the SPT intake. We haven't personally tested it but another very well respected tuner has and it isn't looking very good at all.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

From the factory our cars run too rich. COBB and other tuners take advantage of this and get more hp by leaning out the mixture (amoung other things) slightly.

I think SOA is taking advantage of this with their intake. It leans things out a bit and that gives the car more power.

It is when you are something other then stock when I would be worried about tuning the SPT intake, like if you had an AP. Stock then no problmes.

I am respectfully questioning your statement; From what I understand no matter what you do to the intake, the computer will always adjust to the proper air/fuel ratio for which it was originally programmed. It is the less restriction that gives you a little more hp and better throttle response......

I am respectfully questioning your statement; From what I understand no matter what you do to the intake, the computer will always adjust to the proper air/fuel ratio for which it was originally programmed. It is the less restriction that gives you a little more hp and better throttle response......

Many intakes allow more air to flow while the MAF reads less. So the computer thinks the car is only flowing 200 g/s of air (and therefore only meters that much fuel) but it is actually flowing 215 g/s, as an example.

Don't bother with the SPT intake. We haven't personally tested it but another very well respected tuner has and it isn't looking very good at all.

i'll be up in new hamster next thursday for a tune with the spt. guess i'll bring my stock airbox along just in case. :lol:

LittleBlueGT is right, many SR/CAI's mess with the MAF diameter, thereby throwing the intake calibration off. The bad thing about that as well, is the Ecu also thinks it is at a lower load, and in turn can run excessive timing...

Many intakes allow more air to flow while the MAF reads less. So the computer thinks the car is only flowing 200 g/s of air (and therefore only meters that much fuel) but it is actually flowing 215 g/s, as an example.

I respectfully agree with your statement ;)

This has been logged by quite a few people, and is well documented on this forum.

So does the SPT do that too?

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I went to my Subaru dealer today to order the SPT intake/heat shield and the parts dealer claimed that Subaru says that it adds +43hp :lol: . Someone please verify that this is a joke. I was thinking something like a 5-10hp gain...

The dealer was actually misquoting the Intake dyno info....

On a stock STI with a SPT Intake and a SPT Exhaust system was dyno'd and showed a gain of 43 HP. Buying both these items togeher is considered the SPT Power Pack and is currently only available for the STI ind WRX (WRX HP numbers were not listed?)

The Legacy Power Pack...hasn't been tested due to the Bosal exhaust situation...

why would Subaru/SPT design a intake that will screw with the computer then warranty it and sell it at a dealership. if it will work on a stock car why can't it be tuned for a modded car? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Folks, you have to be Asian to get the +43hp! If you are white you'll get +5, black +8, and for females its only +1! Didn't you folks read the Subaru dealer's manual. :lol:

On a stock STI with a SPT Intake and a SPT Exhaust system was dyno'd and showed a gain of 43 HP. Buying both these items togeher is considered the SPT Power Pack...

It comes with the SPT decal right? There's your +43! :lol:

Someone should check the vacuum between the filter and compressor inlet for stock/spt/perrin/etc... This would be a good indicator of how effective these intakes really are. It would be even better if you could datalog that info somehow to see how the vacuum changes at higher rpms. Fancy graphs FTW!

The dealer was actually misquoting the Intake dyno info....

On a stock STI with a SPT Intake and a SPT Exhaust system was dyno'd and showed a gain of 43 HP. Buying both these items togeher is considered the SPT Power Pack and is currently only available for the STI ind WRX (WRX HP numbers were not listed?)

The Legacy Power Pack...hasn't been tested due to the Bosal exhaust situation..

^ +1, with emphasis added. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived