LegacyGT.com

SPT Legacy Intake +43HP?!?!?!

jnd121

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been discussed before, do not install a intake not even the SPT without a proper tune;)

Garrick from SPT claims no tune is needed, that the intake is safe on the factory tune. I asked him twice about it to be clear.

That just PROVES that dealers don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING hahaha.

Ugh..

Don't bother with the SPT intake. We haven't personally tested it but another very well respected tuner has and it isn't looking very good at all.

Be nice........not all dealers are morons. You just called me a moron!!:icon_bigg Fourty three ponies??? Not likely.

Seriously, Go K&N Typhoon and LIGHTLY oil it. Also, purchase the pre-filter K&N offers. (Bikers will know what this is, basicly a giant breathable filter condom to help filter better without significant air-flow loss.)

My Typhoon with a MBC, and a FCD, running 17 psi was just as fast as my Cobb stage 1 with the stock air box. My car kicked ass when I installed the Typhoon on the stock tune.

^ well you know that was an over stated comment.

Honestly though I haven't been to a dealer tech dept that actually knows anything about the cars they are working on. They know how to follow the manual and remove and put stuff on, but they know less then this forum almost 100% of the time.

When I went in to buy a car from a Chevy dealer years ago I said so this is the last year of the Lt1 correct? And he said whats an LT1

HAHAHAHA

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

When I went in to buy a car from a Chevy dealer years ago I said so this is the last year of the Lt1 correct? And he said whats an LT1

HAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHA Good one!!!!!

Come guys, there was a dot missing, it's actually 4.3 HP GAIN!!!!!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

LOL, I have techs in my shop that will throw a computer at almost anything!

I had a car that the tech put three ECU's in by the time I was aware of the situation.

I walked over, replaced a fuse, and the car was fixed.

It is frightening trying to hire technicians that will actually FIX something!!

I try to coach them. I say, "Would you climb a ladder from the top step? Then why would you not check all fuses first with ANY electrical problem"?

Believe me, I feel for all of you out there getting shitty service. I'm just lucky to have a BA in electrical engineering, otherwise nothing would get fixed around here. I can't spell very well, but give me a wrench and a DVOM with a schematic and I'll get the job done.

I went to my Subaru dealer today to order the SPT intake/heat shield and the parts dealer claimed that Subaru says that it adds +43hp :lol: . Someone please verify that this is a joke. I was thinking something like a 5-10hp gain...

i saw those dyno chart numbers i dont think they were ever posted.....

mui01, how much HP for latinos? :icon_bigg

Seriously though... if dealer techs are so dumb, how 'bout changing the cone filter on the SPT unit to a K&N? That way it'll still be wauranteed and they'd never know. Does anyone know the SPT unit's piping size? Will a K&N cone fit?

TDC Tuning, what other filters are recommended/ tunable? And would possibly fit the SPT piping? AEM? Fujita?

What'cha think?!

The only intake that is really tunable that we know of thus far is KN Typhoon. We will be testing an AEM very shortly. We still need to get a SPT for our own verification but we know Perrin SR is no good.
PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

The only intake that is really tunable that we know of thus far is KN Typhoon. We will be testing an AEM very shortly.

TDC Tuning, any feedback on cold air intakes?

Anyone here running a coldair intake?

Thanks guys.

I may just run a panel filter for now. Any recommendations?

It's my 1st summer w/ the car and I'm bone stock. So maybe next summer I'll mod and tune. Trying to look ahead on the research and options.

Froggert & TDC Tuning, let us know how the SPT tune turns out.

That just PROVES that dealers don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING hahaha.

Ugh..

Don't bother with the SPT intake. We haven't personally tested it but another very well respected tuner has and it isn't looking very good at all.

i wouldnt say all dealerships.....:icon_wink

tHe HoV

Archived