LegacyGT.com

SPT Legacy Intake +43HP?!?!?!

jnd121

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cmon spill the beans, details! details! :icon_bigg

I really can't say as I am not sure that tuner wants to be named.

We aren't giving up on it yet since WE haven't tuned it but, KN is in the lead so far. Perrin is heading up ther rear LOL

As the for the KN intake. It really depends on the level of car you are talking. Stage I under 10 HP for sure. Stage II maybe 10hp

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Well, I will let you know what I think of the intake when I get it. I will post some pics as well (not that everybody hasn't seen it already in other threads, but what the heck :icon_cool ).

im really looking forward to meeting up with you guys, im looking at doing a stage1 then 2 soon after (about month or two) im looking at the cobb up and dp, (maybe the k&n)

i was wondering how long would you guys need my car for (dp,up, cobb ap,install and dyno tune) i live like 2 hrs away so i want to factor that in for my schedule....

UP DP is around 2 hours, AP is easy that isn't labor, and then a tune is 1-2 hours.

So I would say it would be safe to say 4 hours soup to nuts to get you out. So that is an 8 hour day for you baring no interruptions.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

damn right..:icon_wink

Dave...check out this thread 'cuz I have the same problem like these guys. The mounting bushing that came with the kit that I bought from you guys was the wrong size. I got the screw size M8 instead of M6. Your parts guys claimed they never got a phone call from anyone who bought the kit from you. Just to let you know I wasn't making it up.:icon_wink

http://legacygt.com/forums/intake-exhaust/37927-problem-spt-intake-install.html?highlight=SPT+Intake

This is the bushing......

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21476&stc=1&d=1153359584

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Dave...check out this thread 'cuz I have the same problem like these guys. The mounting bushing that came with the kit that I bought from you guys was the wrong size. I got the screw size M8 instead of M6. Your parts guys claimed they never got a phone call from anyone who bought the kit from you. Just to let you know I wasn't making it up.:icon_wink

http://legacygt.com/forums/intake-exhaust/37927-problem-spt-intake-install.html?highlight=SPT+Intake

This is the bushing......

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21476&stc=1&d=1153359584

i dont know your situation,but subaru told us that they boxed the wrong hardware in these kits,,if you need the correct hardware let me know-i will take care of it.

dave/mspt

SPT Performance intake claimes that "When combined with the SPT heatshield and a well engineered cat back exhaust, this system has been dyno-tested to produce up to 45hp and 24 lb-ft of torque on a stock 2006 STi. 2006 WRX see a gain of 18hp and 20 lb-ft!" So why wouldn't it work with an 05-06 LGT? Practically the same engine size, compression and and bore stroke.. Right?

i HAVE THE BROCHURE AND IT STATES THE hp GAINS IS IF AND ONLY IF YOU BUY THE spt INTAKE ALONG WITH THE FULL tbe.

Still doubts about the 43hp!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEEHEH

At least you get the whistling sound!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I think that SoA should be publish something which states that the SPT "Power Pack" is no longer available (at least for the time being), due to the demise of the Bosal/SPT cat-back exhaust system, and that any power claims that they made is thus now null and void.

Otherwise, we're going to keep seeing people thinking they're getting some near 50-horses from a simple intake change! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived