LegacyGT.com

USDM Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Swift Springs

legwag

My apologies if someone has already posted this. This month Tokico released adjustable dampers for the Legacy in the U.S. and I just bought a set to go with my Swift springs. I don't have the shocks yet, they are supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am getting them put on on Thursday. I will post how this turns out, I am very excited. Hopefully the set-up should work well with the Cobb sway bars I already have on the car. I wish Thursday would hurry up and get here...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where did you purchase the Tokico struts and for how much?

+1... I've been waiting a long time for somebody to release adjustable struts!

I hope the struts are better than Tokico's website. All of the links (including dealer locator) are broken.

Legwag, Let us know where you sourced these shocks becz I know where you live. Darien, CT is my home town so I know where all two of the drinking spots are and where the hiding spots are, especially near the town dump, so ante up. Give us your knowledge or I will send my really annoying mother to visit you NOW!

P.S. - Please let me know if Lock, Stock and Barrel, the site of the start of the Brock Yates' 1978 Cannon Ball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Race, is still in business. I miss their stools and barmaids. Sigh... Income breeds such nice genetics in barmaids...

don't be holding out on the rest of suspension hungry lgt lovers out there, i want these shocks really bad, i am sick of the tein s/stock shock combo. need something stiffer.

I will let you know the price tomorrow and where I got them from, my receipt is at my office. They are not posted anywhere yet because they are so new. After seeing Dan at Mach V’s sweet wagon with the shocks and Swifts I got very jealous and called Tokico, and they told me just by chance that they were releasing the USDM version in a matter of weeks. I probably could have paid a lot less but after reading Kartracerboy’s posting on his Swifts I bought them (from Dan, full disclosure) and then decided I wanted to get shocks first as well. So..... I had to hurry up and get shocks that I heard good things about too. I like to do my research but I am also a little impatient.

Kartracerboy, I am not a ringer I can assure you and I am guessing that you are referring to Ernie’s and the Black Goose Grill. I guess you could mean Benny’s too, quite an establishment.

This Thursday I am putting on a Cobb pulley, down pipe and heat shield, Swift springs and the Tokico shocks, and Eagle F-1’s. Looking forward to experiencing Stage 2.

Before you install them, be sure to confirm which top hats work with them: The stockers, or the ones that are used with the Bilstein struts. There is a difference, it would suck to find out you don't have the right ones after you've already taken out your stock suspension.

^ excellent point. Just because it should work as described, doesn't mean that it does work as described.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

SC GT and Subietonic, thanks for the heads-up, I will check this out first.

Here is the info I have on the shocks: I called Tokico sales at (800) 548-2549 x. 3513 (Dan) and since they do not sell them directly he gave me the name of Racer's Equipment in Rhode Island. Racer's Equipment is only a wholesaler but he put me in touch with a company called Performance Specialties in Norwalk, CT who ordered the shocks for me. The part # (at least for the wagon) is HTS006. Shipping is supposed to take 2-3 weeks, they are not backordered as far as I know. I still can't find my receipt but I believe they were about $750, I will confirm this this afternoon.

Performance Specialties told me they think I may have gotten the very first set produced since they were still finalizing the paperwork to go with all shipments. Actually I shouldn't say that since I don't even have them yet.

Hope this is helpful.

Highly looking forward to this report! Subscribed to Thread!

:)

Best of luck on the install! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Checked w/my supplier these are definitely available for the lgt. Pricing for board members would be $675 shipped.:)

They are the U.S. version of the j-spec hts damper. They were rebadged as the D-Spec for the U.S. market. The shock color has been changed from a orange/red color to a gray color.

I'm definitely going to pick a set of these up for myself.

GB to come in the vendor classifieds.

I checked with Tokico, it is recommended we use the stock top hats. And they didn't come today via UPS :( . I will have to wait until tomorrow though I would hate to miss the opportunity to put these on on Thursday. Oh well, other goodies can go on then anyway.

Kartracerboy - unfortunately Lock, Stock & Barrel closed many years ago. Apparently it was in Goodwives Shopping Center? What a name for a shopping center, that kills me every time.

Sad to hear it. I used to waiter at the Black Goose Grill back in 1985. Glad to hear it's still around. Where in Darien are you, legwag, and how long have you lived there? My mother and father still live there close to Stamford in Noroton and Holly/Cove Pond.

going to look for the group buy.

Add my name to a group buy please. What I really want is for my LGT to have the same, nicely damped feeling my A4 sport did. Will these with stock springs do it? What else is needed? My suspension is stock right now.

Dear lord, 675? No way in hell adjustable struts are worth that when KYBs can be had for 400 for other vehicles. Sometimes I hate supply and demand.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived