LegacyGT.com

USDM Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Swift Springs

legwag

Dear lord, 675? No way in hell adjustable struts are worth that when KYBs can be had for 400 for other vehicles. Sometimes I hate supply and demand.

There's definitely a quality difference between good and bad dampers. IME, KYB's are good but not great. I wish the Koni's were available now but Tokico has a good rep also. So, you get what you pay for.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had two pairs of KYBs and they have been nothing short of flawless. But maybe that's because KYB originally designed the stockers that were replaced.

I still don't know why KYB doesn't release an aftermarket set. They've done almost all the research they need to.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

The Tokico web site, New Tokico HTS Dampers lists the shocks as HTS dampers and not as D-specs. The HTS006 number is for the set of four for "Subaru Legacy 05-06" Individual front and rear shocks are also listed. Other information on the web site indicates that they may be adding a shock/spring combo in the future.

The Tokico web site, New Tokico HTS Dampers lists the shocks as HTS dampers and not as D-specs. The HTS006 number is for the set of four for "Subaru Legacy 05-06" Individual front and rear shocks are also listed. Other information on the web site indicates that they may be adding a shock/spring combo in the future.
For all intensive purposes they are the j-spec HTS dampers tokico just rebranded them here as the dspec. I saw the same thing that you saw on their website. After speaking to the sales rep at tokico I was told they will be going by the dspec moniker here in the U.S.:iam:

Interesting, the Tokico rep I talked with yesterday said the DSpec was going away, and they would all be HTS... ??

He was supposed to call me back for availability, but never did.

For all intensive purposes they are the j-spec HTS dampers tokico just rebranded them here as the dspec.

If they are just rebranded j-spec struts....how in the world will the USDM top hats work?

And they are in stock here for $617.63 HTS006

Welcome to GMP Performance "Quality Automotive Accessories"

I have no relation to this company...found it on Google....

^ Well the Search by Car function on that site didn't work... for several cars I chose, including Subaru, Mazda, .

Click on Subaru, takes you to the next page where you're supposed to Select Your Vehicle and it doesn't let you type anything in, nor does it offer any pull-down selection like Legacy, Impreza, etc.

Did you get this information by calling?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

can somebody start a gb or something on these. the $617 price looks very promising, unless the pricing can be even lower if there is a gb put together.

The Impreza versions are selling for $539 shipped! :eek:

NASIOC - Back In Stock!Tanabe/Hawk/Powerslot/Goodridge/Tokico/KYB/Koni/Cusco/Tein/HKS/Packages

We should be able to get these suckers for under $600 shipped :D

^ Well the Search by Car function on that site didn't work... for several cars I chose, including Subaru, Mazda, .

Click on Subaru, takes you to the next page where you're supposed to Select Your Vehicle and it doesn't let you type anything in, nor does it offer any pull-down selection like Legacy, Impreza, etc.

Did you get this information by calling?

SBT

Nope, just went by the Tokico P/N: HTS006 and it lists them for $617.63, you can click the "Buy Now" link to the right and order them online.

Nope, just went by the Tokico P/N: HTS006 and it lists them for $617.63, you can click the "Buy Now" link to the right and order them online.
wow, that is a killer price. I don't think I can get them that cheap myself.:lol: Might want to call the place first to double check availability.

And they are in stock here for $617.63 HTS006

Welcome to GMP Performance "Quality Automotive Accessories"

I have no relation to this company...found it on Google....

I may have found them shipped for just under 6 bills.

They were listed on a web site and when I called their customer service/order line to confirm that part number HTS006 was indeed the correct application for the LGT he said he would talk to his shop manager and get back to me.

They called back later yesterday and said they talked to Tokico but since that part # is so new that he couldn't get a definitive answer from them. They were supposed to hear back from Tokico today, then the shop was to phone me with an update. I let you know what I find out, if anything.

Archived