• Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, look: I am a legitimate, PAYING VENDOR

on these forums. I am tired of taking crap for not being SHOXRUS.com. I

have a TON of inventory specifically for the Subaru Legacy. I know a

TON of information about the car. I have a real shop, real phones, real

employees, and a realy AWD Dynojet to pay for. I'm sorry, I am not able

to get these shocks off the back of some truck, and I do not know how

it would be possible to sell these for $150 less than I am.

The price I charge is based on the price I pay, just like with

everything else I sell. If any of you bargain shopers want to let me in

on the secret of how I can buy these for $150 LESS than I currently

pay, I'm all ears. Oh, actually, perhaps YOU would like to step up and

pay my vendor dues FOR ME, because obviously you don't appreciate my

contribution to this forum enough to not treat me like shit. This is my

livelihood and my life. I take it seriously.

--Dan

Mach V

I have been a customer of his before, but no more.

I only stated my opinion and most likely anyone who had looked at this thread was thinking the same thing. I had no intention of trying to hurt his business in any way. As he said, he has a TON of inventory, and it seems a TON of overhead to go along with it. In retrospect, I should have expressed my opinion elsewhere.

I agree that each thread in the Vendor Forums belongs to that particular vendor and they should be able to control what is posted there.

That's what triggered his anger but it's not where it's directed. His response is that we should be willing to pay more to him because he's got bills to pay and beacuse he can't figure out how somebody else can offer the same item for less. I don't know, maybe the others have better relationships with the distributor, but that's for Dan to figure out.

p.s.

When people use the New Posts or Show Todays Posts button they often don't realize what forum the post is from.

I agree that each thread in the Vendor Forums belongs to that particular vendor and they should be able to control what is posted there.

That's what triggered his anger but it's not where it's directed. His response is that we should be willing to pay more to him because he's got bills to pay and beacuse he can't figure out how somebody else can offer the same item for less. I don't know, maybe the others have better relationships with the distributor, but that's for Dan to figure out.

p.s.

When people use the New Posts or Show Todays Posts button they often don't realize what forum the post is from.

That was the case. I only use the New Posts to view the newest posts. I didn't go searching for a thread in his forum to state my opinion on his price for the Tokico's. I was expecting something a little closer to the prices we have seen in this thread, but was shocked by the price difference.

quote/

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

--Dan

Mach V

/quote

JSC speed just sold me a pair for 590 shipped. That is what the group buy price will be when it starts. They are a real shop with real things to pay for.:iam:

quote/

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

--Dan

Mach V

/quote

JSC speed just sold me a pair for 590 shipped. That is what the group buy price will be when it starts. They are a real shop with real things to pay for.:iam:

Are you deliberately trying to stir things up even more ?

Let it go.

Let it go.

I just want everyone to know that there is another option, and that it is from a reputable vendor. He can charge whatever he wants, I don't care. I don't want to make Dan look bad, I'm sure he is a great vendor.

He just has competion from another great vendor. :)

Let it go.

Isn't one of the reasons for the existence of forums like this to exchange information beneficial to the memebers?

Several of us have already received these shocks for under $600 shipped from several different vendors. I was not able to read the original post by Kaptan, so I honestly don't know what tone he took there, but I don't think it's inappropriate to point out to a vendor that he's 25% HIGHER (+ shipping on top of that) than the going prices, and it's certainly information that's of interest to other readers.

I'm sorry but the tone of Dan's response tells me all I need to know about doing business with him, and that is also information that should not have been deleted. He posted it, he should live with it.

FWIW, I got had excellent service with the vendor I chose for these struts.

My $.02...

I agree that information and prices should be shared, but the initial altercation between Kaptan and Dan has been dealt with by the mods, I see no reason to bring it up again.

If JSC are selling a set for $590, then great, no need to say anymore, and I think it is inappropriate to point out other vendors prices in his own forum.

Okay, I blew up a bit, and I apologize for that. That was the second or third post IN MY VERY FORUM that said exactly the same thing, and I got a little hot under the collar. I shouldn't have gone off like that, and I do understand that one or more of those posts may have been because the posters didn't realize they were posting in my forum.

His response is that we should be willing to pay more to him...
Don't misunderstand what I mean. I don't think anyone HAS to or SHOULD pay any given price. I obviously can't make you buy the product I sell, and anyone is perfectly free to buy whatever product at whatever price they can get it at. I CHARGE what I charge in order to maintain a business of the type I want to have -- full service, with a real Legacy we do R&D and testing on, a real AWD dyno, all that. Hey, you wanna buy it from someone who doesn't know a Legacy from a hole in the ground, that's up to you. There's K-Mart and there's Nordstrom, and both have customers, and both are legitimate businesses.

It's more the issue of making public statements in my "personal" space (my forum here on Legacygt.com). If you came into my showroom and told my customers that the guy next door had stuff cheaper, I'd be kind of pissed, too. It's not that it isn't true; it's the location of the message that offends me. And in this case it sounds like that might have just been an oversight.

I will reiterate that these are IN STOCK, in my hands right now (at least until we run out). There are none left in the U.S. at Tokico currently, and there won't be for some time. Nor are there any at several of the discounters that have been referred to on here. I know because I called to find out.

Isn't one of the reasons for the existence of forums like this to exchange information beneficial to the memebers?
Yes, that's one of the reasons. And another reason it CAN exist is because the vendors here pay money to support the labor, server costs, and bandwidth costs so we can all be on here. With that in mind, I think it's worth at least thinking for a minute or two before referring to another vendor who doesn't even know this forum exists, much less has ever spent any time or money making it into a nice place.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Dan explained to me that I was not the first to comment about the price. He had previously deleted those posts as well. He initially got angry hearing it a 3rd time and responed irrationally. We exchanged PM's and all is good. I was unaware that I was posting my opinion in his own vendor forum. I would not want to affect his business in any way. As far as the tone of my post, I was being sarcastic as I was surprised by his price.

Archived