LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe - I don't know why the hell I needed to buy the car. I hardly even drive it. Would I buy any other car? No. But do I need this car? Answer is also a no. Hmm .. I have an 02 WRX I hardly drive, then I added an 05 Legacy that I hardly drive, and what do I always drive? My 82 Corolla. So yes, sometimes I think I shouldn't have bought the Legacy. Guess that 'Need - Desire' slogan works on me.

Sure, if I had a spare million or two I'd buy a M-F1. I'd be just as happy with a Lambo G - it certainly turns people's heads every time I see one (in yellow of course). Oh well, I have to put up with a GT. At least it costs far far far less bickies.

[quote name='fan42025']Sure, if I had a spare million or two I'd buy a M-F1. I'd be just as happy with a Lambo G - it certainly turns people's heads every time I see one (in yellow of course). Oh well, I have to put up with a GT. At least it costs far far far less bickies.[/quote] Not a MB SLR or a Porsche Carrera GT? :drool:

For the price, this car is a bargain....We HAD to have AWD to get up Ute Pass in the Winter. This is my wife's car. I won't be driving it much. We had to get something that was nice, but had AWD. Didn't want to spend over $30K, so we passed on the Audi A-4, and the VW Passat Even though the interior ementities are lacking and about "average" in this car, the powertrain rocks! Mark 2005 Silver Legacy GT Lmt. Sedan

Well, guys to tell you the truth I went through a period of actual loathing my GT. I was pissed at Subaru. I have waited years for this car, and I get it and they give us a watered down version of the JDM becuase they think it wouldn't do well in our market. Plus, I came from a car that in my mind is one of the best handeling cars on the planet....to the crappieness of the RE92s...and the horrible KYB suspension.. I even put in a order for a new car that will actualy be here in 3 weeks.. :oops: But, with 4,900 miles on the car, I finaly come to grips with my gripes.. :D The car is awsome. :D My only mod is the STI SS.. I have learned to drive the car fast using the RE92's limited traction..and I have learned how to keep the car flat on turns with the stock suspension. I don't miss my navigation system from my old car, and I actuly enjoy the stereo now. :o I even did a cost comparison to the car I orderd VS the Leg GT..and the Leg GT wins.. :lol: It may not handel as well now..or have the sports car feel that I have grown accostomed to..but I have learned that this car offers so much to the driver that is willing to learn to DRIVE THE CAR. :P Alot of you haven't had the car long..and mabey don't understand..but THIS IS A DRIVERS CAR..PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAN IT'S ABILITIES. You will be rewarded. :twisted:

[quote name='inthedeck']so what's the car that you ordered, B4? Are you gettin' rid of the LGT? later, i.[/quote] Nope, decided to take my deposit back and cancel my order. I orderd another RX8. I left the RX8 fro the GT. I order a white 05...will be here in October. I only buy Rotaries and Boxer engines. So, I am used to the quirks of the Renesis..but the RX8 has such as perfect balance and a awsome transmision and I was going through withdrawl. But no more. I will stick with the GT.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='inthedeck']so what's the car that you ordered, B4? Are you gettin' rid of the LGT? later, i.[/quote] Nope, decided to take my deposit back and cancel my order. I orderd another RX8. I left the RX8 fro the GT. I order a white 05...will be here in October. I only buy Rotaries and Boxer engines. So, I am used to the quirks of the Renesis..but the RX8 has such as perfect balance and a awsome transmision and I was going through withdrawl. But no more. I will stick with the GT.[/quote] How could you have "buyers remorse" without owning one? I dont get this.......all these posts from someone who doesnt even own one?

I love my Atlantic Blue, but I kinda wish I would have stuck with black cars. I really wish I would have gotten a black GT Wagon. Oh well, I can't bitch about it now. In some ways I also wish I would have went from to a RS RS too. I know every time I get into my mom's RS, I just say to myself, I love this car. My have some of the same thoughts with the GT, but not to the same extent. We'll see what comes out in '07 and if I like the styling. Won't hold me back from modding the current somewhat, but if they have a gorgeous WRX STi Wagon with all the right gear, I might just jump. It has to really be in the essence of the old school GC/GM/GF cars though. I'm having old skool lust issues right now, really bad! :P

Sometimes I wish I had gotten more options factory-installed besides just the pedals... like the short shifter, mirror/compass, etc. But I plan to have that stuff installed in the somewhat near future.. Oh and the stereo integration perpetually angers me.. but I'll overcome it once I feel like installing everything.

Love it. First week, had some doubts - the TSX would be more refined, maybe handle better. But then I found out the dealer under inflated my tires to 30/30, so I pumped them up to 39/37 (later settled on 38/36), got used to the shifter (STS), let it break in a bit more, and now I'm in love. I smile every time I drive it, and look for ways to drive more - take the long way home, always volunteer to drive when we go out, etc...

I mean, I guess I would be much happier if they brought the car over to us with the same specs as the JDM model with the 2.5liter engine. Plus, I never realy made a big stink about this before, but I WANT A REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER!!! So, after years of lusting for a car, my lust has not been satisfied because its not the car that I have been dreaming about. So I still find myselft drooling over the JDM version.

For those of you who have second thought's about the ground clearance and skiing. This is my 3rd GT since my 98GT. I ski ever weekend that Okemo VT is open. I have been doing this for years, even my 92 Honda Civic Si saw that duty until I got my 98GT. Don't worry you will have no problem. I have more stories that I have time to write. One quick one. The kids were racing a Pico, snowed all day long, big Ford 4X4's were being pushed or towed because they were stuck. We hoped into the Subby backed out of the parking spot and drove off. Oh yea, I didn't have snow tires either. Got to love AWD.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

[quote name='Max Capacity']For those of you who have second thought's about the ground clearance and skiing. This is my 3rd GT since my 98GT. I ski ever weekend that Okemo VT is open. I have been doing this for years, even my 92 Honda Civic Si saw that duty until I got my 98GT. Don't worry you will have no problem. I have more stories that I have time to write. One quick one. The kids were racing a Pico, snowed all day long, big Ford 4X4's were being pushed or towed because they were stuck. We hoped into the Subby backed out of the parking spot and drove off. Oh yea, I didn't have snow tires either. Got to love AWD.[/quote] Thats good to hear! Might I add that I hate you with every fibre of my being?? :laugh: I love Okemo.. living in Baltimore and being a skier is rough. Guess I'm just going to have to buy a little home up there some day.

Archived