LegacyGT.com

Remember my old LGT - Street Racing Disaster

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why?

it has an outstanding article on teen driving and how the system is failing. go to http://www.autoweek.com. it is a must read for parents of teen or young drivers. bosco

one of the quotes is "Katherine has spent more hours loading her MP3 player than she has behind the wheel, but she has the car keys. that could be a fatal error."

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Its interesting that you warned him that it was alot of car. I was 18 when i got the 99 and the man who was selling spoke with my dad about how this car has a lot of power for a 2 year old driver. My dad insisted that Id be fine since we already had the 96, but this guy knew his Subarus and knew that the 99 is siginificantly faster than the 96.

Im a fine driver, I guess I was just surprised that a complete stranger was willing to wait and find another buyer, in order to better ensure my safety.

Yeah, you know what else is crazy........I just got my USAA Member mag for this month....it says

"The IIHS found most midsize cars perfomed well in frontal crashes. but only two, the sabb 9-3 and Subaru Legacy, got top raitings when testing in front, rear, and side crashes. "

Under that was Lexus IS, Audi A4, BMW 3 seies, Passat/Jetta, Audi A3....

Guess no one test roof crashes....*shrugs shoulders*

Def some goodies in that puppy.....Momentum 40T turbo, Up/DP, Injectors (816cc) FMIC, Eyelids, Halo's, radio/speakers, sts ect.... is it worth 4k...prob not....1 - 2k most def :D

For a list of everything that was on the car check out the site

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/pictures.htm (scroll down to 05 LGT)

I know its morbid and all, and I really feel for the family that lost their kid.

Like I said earlier, I am a young person, but still I feel that guys my age shouldnt have alot of horsepower yet. They do stupid things. Kid in my rival high school borrowed his dads Z3 without asking and totaled it bein a hot shot.

Guess no one test roof crashes....*shrugs shoulders*

Just some things that can't be prepared for, or mitigated.

Just goes to show the consequences of breaking the law. The Laws of Physics. Two pieces of matter cannot occupy the same space at the same time; A body at rest tends to stay at rest, and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.

No cops, judges, or jurys. Just swift execution of punishment. truly sobering, in this case.

I am still sorry that the young man was killed. That wreck must have been extra-horrendous to crush the ring structure that much, and bend the car in the middle. Even though we all of course prefer life over death, but he would have been in very serious shape if he had.

Like I said earlier, I am a young person, but still I feel that guys my age shouldnt have alot of horsepower yet. They do stupid things. Kid in my rival high school borrowed his dads Z3 without asking and totaled it bein a hot shot.

Though it may be a general thing, young drivers should not ALWAYS be discounted to drive faster cars...Some young people are more mature than are others...

I am quite young myself, however I am running a significant (and quite sufficient) amount of stage II power, and I am able to control myself quite well...

A lot of it I think also has to do with how well a person knows the car they are driving and it's capabilities facing many different situations...

This thread is crazy stuff :(

Just read the newspaper today and these two kids in a '06 Chrysler 300 (17/16 years old) were racing and cut across the middle lane, they took out a sedan and a wrangler. They both ended up dead. The impact was so severe that the airbags exploded. The picture of the 300 at the scene looks like the crushed car Oddjob was towing in Goldfinger. The people in the wrangler were in critical condition, one of them, the passenger, died today. It was one of those open top wranglers that I think are death traps to begin with. The people in the other sedan are ok.

We seem to be getting a lot of stories like this at least once or twice a month here in NY/NJ. A lot of it happens late at night and on the weekends. There really is nothing you can do. :(

well i didnt take the car it went for too much would have cost me 4,000 after shipping, and defintly was not worth that , the stero was already kacked out of the car along with dvd monitor. sorry guys

$4K...wow, that's a lot of cash for a seriously fubared Subaru.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Yeah, Id never drive a wrangler.

Yeah, death wish mobile right there. And people tend to buy them for their kids:confused:

:rolleyes:

they are actually cheap to insure because they have lower incidents of accidents, low repair costs, and are generally considered safe (the only area that's 'bad' is head protection because it's tough to put airbags in a roll bar :lol: ). I love how people feel their stereotypes > reality on this board. A Wrangler no more 'unsafe' than many SUV's like a Land Rover Discovery or Suzuki Grand Vitara.

:rolleyes:

they are actually cheap to insure because they have lower incidents of accidents, low repair costs, and are generally considered safe (the only area that's 'bad' is head protection because it's tough to put airbags in a roll bar :lol: ). I love how people feel their stereotypes > reality on this board. A Wrangler no more 'unsafe' than many SUV's like a Land Rover Discovery or Suzuki Grand Vitara.

+1...and I still contend that the driver has more to do with it than anything else.

...did you read/hear about the knucklehead that jumped his Accord off a dirt berm, flew 150 ft into the second story of sum1's house...and killed himself.

Archived