LegacyGT.com

Remember my old LGT - Street Racing Disaster

Sorry to hear about this. However, people have to take responsibility for themselves. You built the car, enjoyed it and then sold it. That's where your responsibility ended. You can't control who buys your car, esp. if it is sold by a dealership!

Nevertheless, always sad to hear stories like this.

Took the words right out of my mouth....

:(

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cars are faster today than in the past, much more traffic, to many movies about street racing, 16 yr olds with drivers licenses, parents who want to be their kids friends, the list goes on. times change and so should the laws kids should not have drivers license until min. 18 yrs. old and then only for work or school. radical? maybe but at least they would have a chance to mature and possibly not kill themselves or others. bosco
I disagree with raising the driving age. I think its part maturity and part inexperience. They just don’t understand the danger or have the knowledge o what to do if something happens. I complete think street racing is retarded but I don’t think the few stupid kids should punish everyone else. I would support a longer learner’s permit program or better defensive driving courses. I just don’t think raising the age will solve the problem. There are plenty on older people who street race all the time. It’s just a crappy problem and situation. Hopefully one day the tracks will be everywhere and people will use them.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Thats terrible.

I dunno...young/newish drivers should be restricted to low power cars. I know I got into more than enough trouble and dumb behaviour when I was 17 driving my parents 160hp (if even) chrysler cirrus. An LGT or anything close in power would have been the end of me.

Most people dont learn to drive well if at all until years after they get their license and learn "a few hard lessons". There is a story ay my dealer of some rich parent buying their 17 yr old an STI. First off he never checked the oil and blew the engine, after they replaced it, he crashed it...

I think more parents should make their kids get a job and buy their first car, whether they get performance or not will really depend on their wallet and how much they want it.

My first car was a 78 Camaro LT that I bought well built. Ran low 14 quarters, which as a first car was a lot of car. I took care of it though because I saved up for two years and spent 6 months just finding it.

The LGT stock runs a 13.7 don't it? That really is a lot of performance for someone just learning to drive. Let alone a modded one.

As insensitive as it might sound, I'm glad it was the driver that was killed and not an innocent bystander. I hope that the kid's family and friends try not to put blame on someone or something - he was provoked, tires were bad, brakes were soft, someone cut him off, blah, blah, blah!!! I am just sick and tired of reading street racers (or belligerent drivers) hurting or killing others. I think there have been enough stories like this where all types of drivers should've learned a lesson from.

My condolences to his friends and families. If he was the only one died, be thankful that you don't have to live with the guilt that your son or friend took someone else's life away.

:( Sad to hear........

I think more parents should make their kids get a job and buy their first car, whether they get performance or not will really depend on their wallet and how much they want it.

My first car was a 78 Camaro LT that I bought well built. Ran low 14 quarters, which as a first car was a lot of car. I took care of it though because I saved up for two years and spent 6 months just finding it.

++++ eleventy billion.....

There's a reason why my dad got me a 125hp Toyota Camary as my first car. If the Volvo 940(also 125 hp) wasn't discountinued that year, that would have been my car.

Someone with little to no driving experience should not be given keys to a high performance car. Kids will be kids and will get themselves into trouble. The last thing you need to do is give them something to get themselves into more trouble.

wow, thats too sad... lets not all jump to conclusions though for all we know it may not have been his fault. no one here cant say they havent had a little race here and there... stuff happens...

without jumping to conclusions...street racing appears to be the cause. If you choose to race (in an uncontrolled environmnet), you are taking your life and possibly the lives of those around you into your own hands.

...and yes "stuff happens", but don't you think that's kind of a cavalier attitude given the circumstances?

R.I.P - Ionicsounds

:whore: R.I.P. Ionicsounds

WOW, I'm deeply sadened for his families loss!

Scans, I'm sorry for you too bud! I bet that you are feeling a wee bit responsible, but you are not, so don't let it get to you.

A tragic event like this does hit close to home, and reminds us that LIFE happens!

This stuff happens every day to someone, somewhere, and we need to reflect upon it, and decide if we are gonna be the next statistic or not, when that young punk in the SRT-4 wants to run at the next light we get to!

Peace to All!

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

wow, thats too sad... lets not all jump to conclusions though for all we know it may not have been his fault. no one here cant say they havent had a little race here and there... stuff happens...

it is indeed a sad story.:( considering how safe of a car the legacy is said to be, i'm thinking he must have been going quite fast (or possibly without seatbelt) to be fatally injured in the car.

Just because the report said that it involved street racing, doesn't mean he was one of the "racers." The same thing would be on the report if he was just pulling out onto a street and got nailed by a street racer.

And either way, it is a sad thing to hear about. I most certainly sympathize with Scans for feeling weirded out by it.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

without jumping to conclusions...street racing appears to be the cause. If you choose to race (in an uncontrolled environmnet), you are taking your life and possibly the lives of those around you into your own hands.

...and yes "stuff happens", but don't you think that's kind of a cavalier attitude given the circumstances?

i'm just saying that stuff happens, we take a risk every day just getting into our cars.... from what i read there werent details on the accident. i'm not saying street racing is "ok" ive done it and paid dearly ($1,500 in fines and lawyer)

for me it was a lesson learned and from then on i never raced in the street again, we bring our risk factor up ten fold when we hop in our car and choose to race just to prove your faster or for whatever reason...

when i said "stuff happens" i meant it as its sad irony, like this young man losing his life to what we assume was a street race, with me i got fined up the wazooo....i wish this was his lesson as well but its too late and all we can do is honor his memory and hope that others will learn from this tragic mistake.

rip brotha, never knew you but i know the joy you felt when you hopped in the lgt...

Parents today can't teach their kids worth a damn...

He was 23, an adult. Besides, even if he was 17, did you take every word your parents said as the gospel? Hell no you didn't!

I feel for his parents.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

i'm sorry...given the circumstances...these things affect me more personally than they should.

lucas, i didn't mean to sound on the offensive, i'm glad you learned your lesson the way you did, and just wish it were as painless for everyone...

Archived