LegacyGT.com

Remember my old LGT - Street Racing Disaster

RIP Ionic... I don't know what to think or feel. This is just "odd" losing a fellow LGT member. :( We just covered this on our forum about the NASIOC brother dying racing his STi and how tragic that was. :( I would like to know more however as it seems the details are few.

Scans: How did you get a police report on this? I'm sorry if I'm asking the wrong questions at the wrong time but I think it's good if we all have a better idea of what happened before jumping to any conclusions. As others have said, the only thing that should be said right now is prayers and condolences for the family.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Ionic

Scans, I wouldn't feel guilty/freaked. I mean you took every step in warning the guy that he was getting more car than what it is stock. You cannot control the other person's actions. It does suck that something you put a lot of time and money into is now gone, but you have a much better car now.

It's not just street racing that can cause death, spirited drives on twisty roads can cause fatalities too. I know I've been doing less early morning (2am) spirited drives through my favorite winding roads and thinking more about controlled events like auto-x and track events where if something does happen and I do crash, paramedics are on scene to help.

stories like this make me sick to my stomach. so sad. im curious if he had a seatbelt on or if the ABS deployed, but its too late now.

scans - knowing u, im sure u warned him plenty and he was well aware of what his new car could do. i imagine he decided to push it father than it was safe to do so. not your fault. even the stock car can do more than whats safe.

It's always saddens me to hear &/or see a life(especially one so young) taken away due to an MVA=MotoreVehicleAccident... pls don't think that I'm here trying to preach but from what I've seen & experienced, IMHO the best way to avoid most accidents is to -

1)drive responsibly & watch for your own mistakes.

2)MOST IMPORTANTLY WATCH FOR OTHER PEOPLES MISTAKES

I emphasized #2 because of someone else's mistake which almost took my life when he decided to ingore the stop sign he had to T-bone me while I was on my motorcycle riding the right-of-way. When I'm at work and called to respond to an MVA, given the info most of the time it could have been avoided if atleast one of the drivers did those 2 advice I mentioned above. So please everyone try to put that into consideration when driving. But, I will agree that not everything is avoidable cause $H!+ happens. Wish everyone a long, healthy and happy life.

To all that are affected by this tragic lost..

my deepest condolences

R.I.P - Ionicsounds

Reading this thread and watching the news at the same time and this story came up: KCRA.com - News - 2 Tongan Royal Family Members Killed In Car Crash. The freaking kid that was racing was NOT injured!! What a waste. I hope she either gets locked up for life or get fried.

^Surviving that and continuing life with the guilt is just what (but not all) she deserves.

RIP to our lost LGT member.

--Long

Hearing about this has really made me think honestly. I don't street race or anything but sometimes I catch myself being just a little too trigger happy for the given driving conditions if you know what I mean. I think i'm going to try to calm down a little.

RIP ionicsounds

And don't feel bad scans you can't go around shielding men from folly or you'll just fill the world with fools. All you can do is give your advice and hope they take it. The rest is not up to you.

While I was searching for the full story I came across this interesting read for fellow Worcester County Peeps:

Cliffs Notes:

Worcester county: In 12 days 38 kids between the ages of 16 - 20 have died. These stats are just over the july 4th weekends from 2000 - 2004.

I think I need to move, glad I was in RI over the whole weekend

Full Story

"Region’s summer crash statistics are chilling"

This weekend, the official start of the summer vacation season, marks the beginning of the deadliest period on New England highways. Statistics for Massachusetts and Worcester County are chilling.

In a report this week, Philip J. Weiser, regional administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and Col. Mark F. Delaney, superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police, said summer in New England is the deadliest season, and the July 4th weekend is second only to New Year’s in fatalities. Most deaths involve speeding, “often by young and alcohol-impaired drivers, most unlikely unbuckled.”

In Worcester County, the problem is acute. From 2000 to 2004, they report, there were 38 fatalities involving young drivers — mostly between 16 and 20 — the most of any Massachusetts county. More than one-third of the fatalities were speed-related and about half were alcohol-related. "

The great majority of highway deaths would not occur if drivers didn’t speed, drive drunk and leave their seat belts unbuckled — although more often than not such warnings fall on deaf ears.

However, lives might be saved if more people dialed 911 to report motorists driving erratically or at an excessive speed, and if more people stopped alcohol-impaired friends from getting behind the wheel. Motor vehicles operated by drivers who are careless, reckless or drunk are deadly weapons, and getting them off the road is an act of self-defense.

"

Link: Worcester Telegram & Gazette News

However, lives might be saved if more people dialed 911 to report motorists driving erratically or at an excessive speed,

:mad: this is pure BS - not once have I gotten a positive response from calling 911 to report drunk drivers, reckless speeders, etc. I once followed a drunk driver down the interstate for 15 miles....after calling the police. Nothing. This guy was all over the road and it was 3am.

Scans, sorry to hear about this story. Sad what happened, beyond anyone's control but the deceased unfortunately:( .
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

In FL on the highway simply call.....*FHP

I had guy in a RX7 almost run me off the road about 3 years ago while he was finishing off the last bit of his 40oz beer....

Luckily traffic was light..

Kept my distance & was on the phone with the FHP for over 15min I followed him @ speeds very close to triple digits...

3 FHP cars wound up pulling him over:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

This just in from unsecured source (I'm still dig'n for the offical story):

The accident happened in Gardner about a month and a half ago. the kid was racing an STI, a WRX and a Camaro. It had just stopped raining, He went to pass 2 of the cars and the road turned to the right,dipped down and then back up. he was passing around the turn lost control going down the dip and went airborn going up the dip.

:mad: this is pure BS - not once have I gotten a positive response from calling 911 to report drunk drivers, reckless speeders, etc. I once followed a drunk driver down the interstate for 15 miles....after calling the police. Nothing. This guy was all over the road and it was 3am.

Once I flashed mylights at a cop warning him there was a drunk driver tailing me at night. He pulled me over for flashing my lights.... and the drunk driver kept on truckin'

Found the article, can't get the whole thing cuz I need to pay.......but

Author: Jonathan Graham

Date: May 19, 2006

Publication: Sentinel & Enterprise (Fitchburg, MA)

GARDNER -- A 23-year-old Gardner man died after a single-car crash late Wednesday night, according to police. Sgt. Guy Bibeau said Daniel Lovett's 2005 Subaru Legacy was traveling about 60-miles-an-hour when he lost control and hit a tree on Wilkins Road at about 11:23 p.m. The crash is still under investigation.. Co-workers said Lovett had just finished his shift at Garlock Printing & Converting on Fredette Street, half a mile away from the crash..

Here's the full article......I ponied up and paid to see what ahppened

GARDNER -- A 23-year-old Gardner man died after a single-car crash late Wednesday night, according to police. Sgt. Guy Bibeau said Daniel Lovett's 2005 Subaru Legacy was traveling about 60-miles-an-hour when he lost control and hit a tree on Wilkins Road at about 11:23 p.m. The crash is still under investigation.

Co-workers said Lovett had just finished his shift at Garlock Printing & Converting on Fredette Street, half a mile away from the crash.

Cristina Leslie, a good friend of Lovett's, described him as "the nicest guy in the world," who had a serious girlfriend.

"He had a million and one friends," said Leslie after she placed a photo of herself and Lovett at the accident site.

"He would give you the shirt off his back."

A separate accident on Otter River Road earlier Wednesday killed Gardner resident Cara A. Suhoski, 36, of 299 Lovewell St., the daughter of former state Representative Chet Suhoski, according to police.

Lovett's memorial grew over the course of the day as friends and family stopped by the site of the crash to drop off letters, photos and flowers.

Tim Lovett left a page-long letter at the memorial, below a picture of himself and his brother sitting together.

"I love you Dan and you just need to know that you will always be in my mind," Tim Lovett wrote. "You are my best friend and my brother and no one can ever take that away."

Lovett's accident occurred on a fairly straight stretch of the semi-lit, two-lane road.

Bibeau said in an interview Thursday that Lovett attempted to pass two vehicles on the road just before the accident.

Lovett was going about 60 miles-an-hour, Bibeau said. The speed limit is 40 miles-per-hour on Wilkins Road.

"He apparently lost control of his vehicle as he tried to cut back," Bibeau said.

Officers arrived at the crash to find Lovett, 23, of 24 Kraft St., Apt. 101, unconscious, Bibeau said in the release.

"(Rescue workers) arrived on the scene and worked extensively to revive Mr. Lovett, who eventually (died from) his injuries at the scene," Bibeau said in a press release.

Lovett worked the 3 to 11 p.m. shift as a press operator, according to Garlock Printing & Converting's superintendent, Chad LeBlanc.

LeBlanc said Lovett worked there for the last nine months with his brother, Tim.

Leslie said Lovett enjoyed being a DJ at bars and clubs in the area.

"He was a DJ on the side and he loved it," Leslie said.

Erik Meunier, 19, who worked with Lovett at Garlock, said he last talked with Lovett when they shared a 9 p.m. shift break.

Lovett left work that night soon after 11 p.m. to drive home, Meunier said.

Meunier said Lovett was one of the greatest people he knew, although their friendship had a rocky start.

"He didn't like me at first," Meunier said. "Then one night we were sitting outside and he just said, 'You know, Erik, you're a good kid.'"

Leslie fought back tears as she stood by the Wilkins Road memorial.

"I didn't know anyone who didn't like him," Leslie said. "Wherever he went, he made friends."

One person wrote "I miss you Dan" on the tree in pen, and another carved "I love you" into the tree.

Three women arrived at Lovett's Kraft Street apartment Thursday morning, but all declined to comment.

"Now is not a good time," one of the women said after taking down a green shamrock which hung on Lovett's door.

Lovett's landlord, Mary Herbert, said Lovett's sister had picked up the apartment key from her earlier in the day.

Herbert said Lovett had lived in the apartment for over a year after taking it over from his brother Tim and his wife, who moved to Winchendon.

"He was a great guy, a nice guy," Herbert said.

Police are still investigating Suhoski's accident, Lt. John A. Bernard said.

Bernard said in a press release Wednesday night that rescue workers pronounced Suhoski dead shortly after they transported her to Heywood Hospital.

© 2006 Sentinel & Enterprise. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Media NewsGroup, Inc. by NewsBank, Inc.

:mad: is right man. Any time I call 911 for anything that happens they bitch me out. They say something like "we know already, stop tying up the lines". Someone broke into my house & I caught the guy & called 911 & they told me it wasn't an emergency & to call the local police dept directly. Where I live is not crime central so they could've easily just connected me. Sorry to get OT there for a min. We just lost a local guy this weekend too on a motorcycle. I don't know what happened exactly but it's very sad either way.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived