LegacyGT.com

Remember my old LGT - Street Racing Disaster

You guys should pickup last week's Autoweek 9/4/06. A huge stat is that since the Iraq war started we have lost 2600 in that war. During the same time, over 22,000 15-19 year olds have been killed in auto accidents. They don't have the mental maturity to handle 300 hp (probably not even 150 hp). Street racing is the worst thing they can do, but he just attempted to return to his proper lane at 60 which shouldn't have been a big deal if he had some training in vehicle dynamics.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first car was a 92' Toyota Celica GT....145hp. I bought it cash w/ money I had earned from working at sears in 99'. It cost me 5k. I would have bought a 94 Miata, but the woman selling it wouldn't sell it to me because she didn't think that it was a safe car for me. Luckily I got the Celica cause after some shit I did in that car...I'm lucky I didnt get the miata cause that lady was right.

The only reason the Miata isn't safe is lack of a roof. Getting in a wreck is not a good idea. Otherwise, it isn't THAT powerful to be a hazard.

Our 99 Miata has about 144 horsepower. not really any different, except lighter and structurally vulnerable.

I'd actually get a child a low-power sports car (150hp or less). Two seats means no "party in the car". That sort of thing is actually riskier to young drivers as a distraction than other things. Plus sports cars tend to have better quality of vehicle control than a wallowing land yacht, or SUV or something.

Yeah I have no problems posting them......I def think you should get the parts outta the car and not feel bad, I paid alot of $$ for them all :icon_cool .

The engine bay looks in good shape...and there's PLENTY under the hood that is still prob in perfect condition.....not to mention the custom sub box I made in the trunk, flip out screen/nav.....too much to even talk about....

Damn, impressive accident pictures man...

May God bless his soul, poor kid didn't know what he had on his hands, while driving this beast....

Well, well, well... Those pics made me a little sick I guess....

However one should buy and use the parts, no remorses and not feeling bad... Casualities happen!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived