LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not "free rust" thing from auto zone, it's "free all", and after working in a tire shop for the last 2 yrs, i never saw a rusty nut or bolt it won't work on-----exhaust, engine, brake whatever; if the nut isn't rounded, this jizz will work...

another thing to try is to liberally spray said nut and then warm up the car, the heat on the exhaust will speed the process of the nut removal

one other thing, it's not going to be instanteneous, it takes patience; spray it and wait a couple days.....if it still won't come off, well then you gotta break out the heat, just don't set your ride aflame......:icon_wink

If you can get ahold of an electric or pneumatic (air compressor) impact wrench, the bolts should still be usable. I'd say, if they perhaps get busted, just drive w/o mufflers to the store for new bolts. I drove w/o mufflers for several days. Now THAT is DRONE!!
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Is my new Avatar awesome, or what??! I based it off another guy on here who gave me the idea. I'm not that original:

Original; he took my mad face and made it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Avatars/Hogmeat20Exhaust1.jpg

I made it into something that could fit the avatar box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Avatars/test8.gif

I wish I still knew who made the original. I'd shake his hand.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Guest Gitster
I believe its a 14mm head on the bolt and nut, transposing to maybe a M8 or M9 bolt, nut??

If you do break them, maybe you could MEASURE THEM??

Will be doing this when I get my car back from the shop next week. Been in since last monday. They can't figure out how to reprogram the remote start as it was acting up. Atleast I have a good loaner, a legacy sedan. Funny how the turning differs so much from my OBXT. The leggy is better in town, but worse on the highway as it is too light. But in town, what fun. How are the GT's.

Is my new Avatar awesome, or what??! I based it off another guy on here who gave me the idea. I'm not that original:

Original; he took my mad face and made it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Avatars/Hogmeat20Exhaust1.jpg

I made it into something that could fit the avatar box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/lukebuz/Avatars/test8.gif

I wish I still knew who made the original. I'd shake his hand.

I'm the guilty party! It was created on the spur of the moment, and I wish I could have made it a lot better, but it came out OK. I'm going to try to travel up for the Big Meet this year, Hogger. Are you going to be there?

I'm the guilty party! It was created on the spur of the moment, and I wish I could have made it a lot better, but it came out OK. I'm going to try to travel up for the Big Meet this year, Hogger. Are you going to be there?

heh. awesome. *shakes hand*

Where is this "big meat" at? I have lots of vacation saved up, so I think I could make it, if it's not thousands of miles away....

I'm getting hitched in early June, so anything late June on, I could do it.

The leggy is better in town, but worse on the highway as it is too light. But in town, what fun. How are the GT's.

They are really peppy in town, but do suffer from a "floaty" feeling on the highway (80+ mph). It gets tossed around at high speeds.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I also don't feel it is as well planted to the ground as my OBXT. That being said, it is still better than all most all other cars, and is a great deal for the price. Not so upset my car is still in the shop, cause this one is a blast around town. Also it has more power than my 92 legacy turbo did.

It's mostly the boxer burble - but it is helped by flanged on mufflers. Lots of cars are simply welded on. That sucks!

And thanks to all my little hoglets who are helping push this to 1,000!!!

New England? Holy crap. That's going to be at least a 1,000 mile drive. I won't kid you - don't expect me to make it. I'd rather drive 1,000 miles to something like the Grand Canyon.

It's nearly that far for me as well, but I'm not driving there. I'll fly up to MA and go to the meet with Kenzo, who is unfortunately Subaru-less right now. He's still a Subaru fan. I'm mainly going in order to meet other members and hopefully get some first-hand observations of the various exhaust systems so I can make an informed choice when buying one for my car.

I know, I know.......that violates the whole Hogzaust Principle! :lol: