LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Nope, full faith. I just didn't expect it to sound so amazing. I was driving a whole 2 miles to my work today, and I had 3 comments in the parking lot walking from my car to where I work. Best $1 I ever spent!

^did you expect anything less??!! this is the hogg we're talkin' about:icon_bigg
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will this cause any emissions/inspection to fail? I need to get re-inspected soon.

I certainly don't know, and being in an area with no emissions testing, I have no reason to know... but I can't imagine why it would. Mufflers do very little, if anything, to reduce emissions. They are as the name implies, for muffling sound.

The only way I'd venture to guess this would cause a failure is if post-cat "exhaust leaks" are a failing offense... assuming they even notice.

OK, i had to wait for snow before i could make chili. This is the first time in 25 years that it hasn't snowed in Iowa in Oct-Nov-Dec. Light dusting of snow, more on the way. That means chili season!!

is it snowing there yet? if not just pretend it is i'm getting hungry. man cannot live by salsa alone. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I certainly don't know, and being in an area with no emissions testing, I have no reason to know... but I can't imagine why it would. Mufflers do very little, if anything, to reduce emissions. They are as the name implies, for muffling sound.

The only way I'd venture to guess this would cause a failure is if post-cat "exhaust leaks" are a failing offense... assuming they even notice.

I don't know about emissions testing by you, but emissions testing around Atlanta they just plug the computer into the OBDII port and the ECU says everything's fine (unless you've recently had a check engine light come on).

CEL = emissions failure.

Hope that helps.

is it snowing there yet? if not just pretend it is i'm getting hungry. man cannot live by salsa alone. :lol: bosco

No! Damnit! It's a balmy 50*, 30+ above average. I havent forgot about you, i was gonna make it, just so I could post it up, but then I got banned. So my friend, soon.

...not only all that, WTF did I buy an AWD car, if it never snows?!

Argh!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

as for emissions, NO - you will not fail. All it does it let a little out before the mufflers, all filtering and coverting is LONG done. Won't throw a code, or CEL, or anything. Hog it baby!!
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I havent forgot about you, i was gonna make it, just so I could post it up, but then I POSTED SOMETHING REALLY STUPID AGAIN and got MYSELF banned. So my friend, soon.

Fixored!

And count this as 1 more on the train to 1000. ;)

^^^I get worried every time I see a mod as last poster, I look for a little lock on the thread icon:). whew, fooled 'em again...1000 train FTW

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

The Hog evolves...

Didn't see where anyone actually performed the mod this way, but I love the sound now. Rather than removing the gasket all together, I may a surgical incision (more like cut it with a pair of Wiss snips) in the factory gaskets as shouwn below. Cut a straight line at the widest part of the inside of the gasket. This method will help to keep the exhaust flowing directly to the rear and eliminate any possibility of blowing out more of the gasket. The sound is better than the original washer mod (IMO). It sounds more like a performance exhaust thatn a hole in the muffler.

0107071247.jpg.6ff73923024a1e927aa6baac680a3c92.jpg

Not a bad idea with that gasket. If it did deteriorate, you could either replace it, or couldnt you trace it onto some sheetmetal and do the same thing?

Also, I need to replace my washers soon. I was so anxious to do this that I didn't go out and buy stainless. Ooops...

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!