LegacyGT.com

First prototype of 2-gauge cubby pod-with closing door

CasopoliS

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to test fit this.....

BUT..... I am happy to introduce.....

A CUBBY GAUGE POD WITH ITS OWN CUBBY !!!!!

This will be offered (for a different price) in both 52mm and 45mm gauge styles.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5263/jm0152cubbyfront9yx.jpg

first off, your product looks great!

question: is there a way to make the lip at the bottom "deeper". not sure how to explain it but make the lip coming out at the base of the front longer to make the guages not angled up as much...

would that work?

I will go in on a GB, but can you make a single pod cubby??

With the design below... you can always add a gauge, switch, meter, etc down the road when you only have 1 gauge now.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6729/jm0152flat7zl.jpg

first off, your product looks great!

question: is there a way to make the lip at the bottom "deeper". not sure how to explain it but make the lip coming out at the base of the front longer to make the guages not angled up as much...

would that work?

no it would not. The faces angle slightly up because of the 'roof' of the cubby. The ONLY way to get them more level is to chop a bit of the roof pff. Trust me, once you look at it you will see. It is possible with some destruction....

I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR:

I did not take the pictures at eye-height. Dont be discouraged by the angle of the gauges in the pictures, it is not that bad when you are sitting in the car and looking DOWN at the gauges. Once I print the angled design and test it, they will face the driver even better.

$$ ?????

Your going to be looking at ~$50 in the GB. Regular pricing will be slightly more. I cut costs any way I could without compromising quality. The more people I get, the lower the price. GB will be 5 or more pricing, and 10 or more pricing.

I am in the design process now, once that is done I will start the GB. Like I said before, I am going to offer many styles. I also have a secret design I am working on.... :icon_bigg

no it would not. The faces angle slightly up because of the 'roof' of the cubby. The ONLY way to get them more level is to chop a bit of the roof pff. Trust me, once you look at it you will see. It is possible with some destruction....

I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR:

I did not take the pictures at eye-height. Don't be discouraged by the angle of the gauges in the pictures, it is not that bad when you are sitting in the car and looking DOWN at the gauges. Once I print the angled design and test it, they will face the driver even better.

There is no need for this. I have seen them in person and they look GREAT. No weird angles or anything. the gauges look just fine when sitting in the car. With bigger gauges (in future, door eliminating, designs) you may however have no choice but to cut the back of the cubby a little.

I can't wait to see some of these new designs in person! Too bad I am going out of town tonight...:(

Also GREAT job on the single gauge with the cubby! That looks really good!

I'm horny for this thing. You definitely got my $$$ for sure.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I have yet to test fit this.....

BUT..... I am happy to introduce.....

A CUBBY GAUGE POD WITH ITS OWN CUBBY !!!!!

This will be offered (for a different price) in both 52mm and 45mm gauge styles.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5263/jm0152cubbyfront9yx.jpg

Awesome, this is what I've been waiting for!

also, after testing, I might determine that I can get more depth out of the cubby. I will let everyone know.

I am figuring out costs on my end to see if it is worth paying for vendor status. Like I said, I want to offer these at very reasonable prices.

That looks like an excellent place for an IPOD... Seems to be just wide enough or just not wide enough for my 5G 30GB Ipod.. and is surely deep enough.

Thats what I really want.. a way to mount my IPOD and starmate replay in the cubby together... but there just isnt enough room in there.

Yeah i would love to see a single gauge and a spot for my Radar Dector. I think i could permienaly mount it in there and it would still work ok. How much extra would it be for a custom hole to additionall be cut into the single gauge design? Keep up the great work and i cant wait untill you get these things ready for sale.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I just got the iPod dimensional drawings for every model from their site and reviewed them for you guys.

The largest design is:

103.5mm long x 61.8mm wide

For 30GB - 16.1mm thick

For 40-60 GB - 19.1mm thick

That makes it 2.43" wide. I will make sure I add just a hair of width to the cubby so the largest iPod will fit without being angled. I can even add a hole in the back of the cubby (or in the floor) for any cables you might want to run to the cubby but keep hidden behind everything.

As far as depth, you should be able to close the door with the iPod in there.

All other models should fit just fine.

Yeah i would love to see a single gauge and a spot for my Radar Dector. I think i could permienaly mount it in there and it would still work ok. How much extra would it be for a custom hole to additionall be cut into the single gauge design? Keep up the great work and i cant wait untill you get these things ready for sale.

custom design might be ~$75-$100 total depending on complexity. That is a mere guess, assuming I sell these for around $50.

[advertise]

That is still a great deal for a custom snap-in piece that works with no modification. I have seen "other pods" go for a lot of money and they nowhere near match what I am offering here. An have nowhere near the amount of availability options I will have :icon_bigg[/advertise]

wow you are amazing. Can you do my taxes on that thing? ;)

The second generation (2007 release) will offer words of encouragement based off the mood of the driver. An infrared thermocouple will measure surface temeratures of the drivers forhead and make assumptions on mood.

It shall be called Cubby 3000

If you get in cold:

"cheer up driver, where can I take you"

or...

"have you lost weight, who can I whomp on for you"

Maybe if you are hot with rage:

"oh snap driver, that guy just cut you off"

or...

"how about you show that guy what is under the hood"

The cubby 3000 will be programmed based off of location as well:

Detriot:

"you fend to raise up and get your travel on?"

"kill the splif and lets hit up da streets for some hos"

Oakland:

"this cubby is just fo decoration..... you gotta have that exhaust woooo wooooo"

Maybe for a remote display, but to put the actual radar detector in there would cause it to be VERY INeffective.

The second generation (2007 release) will offer words of encouragement based off the mood of the driver. An infrared thermocouple will measure surface temeratures of the drivers forhead and make assumptions on mood.

It shall be called Cubby 3000

If you get in cold:

"cheer up driver, where can I take you"

or...

"have you lost weight, who can I whomp on for you"

Maybe if you are hot with rage:

"oh snap driver, that guy just cut you off"

or...

"how about you show that guy what is under the hood"

The cubby 3000 will be programmed based off of location as well:

Detriot:

"you fend to raise up and get your travel on?"

"kill the splif and lets hit up da streets for some hos"

Oakland:

"this cubby is just fo decoration..... you gotta have that exhaust woooo wooooo"

That is hilarious! :lol:

Archived