LegacyGT.com

First prototype of 2-gauge cubby pod-with closing door

CasopoliS

I was not referring to you, I never stated the size capabilities you are right. I was referring to the other 2 questions I answered. Thank you for your interest. I would suggest getting the 1 gauge model with a blank space next to it. Then when you get it, you can make a cut-out specific for your needs. Hopefully there will be enough space for your unit next to 1 gauge.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subscribe!

In for the Dual gauge plate.

CasopoliS, I think the sudgestions for the next plate (single gauge, Valentine one concealed display, switches, Sirius or XM) should be on a new thread when you are ready. I myself would take one angled 52mm with the Valentine 1 Concealed disp next to it ;)

whoever starts the GB list, put me down for a single angled 52mm w/ cubby on drivers side

ahhh yes, the one I still need to design.

I am having problems with file export on the new angled design with 2 52mm gauges at 10 degrees (even spacing too). Its a CAD issue and need to work out the kinks. I wanted to build that part for testing but cant yet. I am building the 52mm gauge (no angle) with cubby on the pass. side instead. I hope to sell at least 1 of each design, otherwise effort somewhat wasted. I go by the theory... "the more you have to offer your customers, the larger market you have to sell to" Ok I made that up but it sounds good.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will post a link to the GB.... go there to sign up. Putting your name in this thread will not do much, but I will try to keep track of all the people interested and remind them. SUBSCRIBE to this thread for further updates.

Remember, the cubby version will cost more because the build time and material it takes. I will keep costs down for you guys, because I love you. Be on the lookout for my Cubbypod I series to debut with a great GB!!!!!

Subscribe!

In for the Dual gauge plate.

CasopoliS, I think the sudgestions for the next plate (single gauge, Valentine one concealed display, switches, Sirius or XM) should be on a new thread when you are ready. I myself would take one angled 52mm with the Valentine 1 Concealed disp next to it ;)

All options will be described in the GB. The series that utilizes the door closing is called Cubbypod I, and will have numerous design options to choose from within that series. Custom options beyond that will cost more money. Wait for the Cubbypod I debut coming up... I might slip a few designs in there for a surprize :icon_bigg.

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/0060245867.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_V53887019_.jpg.........he wants a glass of milk

Kidding!!! I cannot custom design a pod for everyone's needs. It is just not possible. Look through the options I have to offer, and use them (or modify them) to fit your needs.

If you want a really custom piece I can charge you for a custom design, but I have tried to offer many options to eliminate the need for that. I would rather you spend the money on some nice gauges for the pod!

OK ok, how about a blank molded piece that just fits but without the holes? Can that be done?

Hey never hurts to ask, but I can see myself using it not for gauges but for other things.

X

---

I think this might be my final cubby-in-cubby design. I just love how the textures turned out on this one, and the geometry is amazing. Beautiful piece. It fits my Treo 600 which is large. Hopefully the gauge 'pinch' will have enough room next to the cubby. I don't think having the cubby on the driver's side will work out right in design due to how gauges are mounted. This is the best of both worlds.... the cubby contents do not block the gauge, and the cubby is able to be very large because the gauge is not at an angle. You will learn that the angle, though nice ot have, is not necessary by any means.

For now here are the pics just to make this thread suck more bandwidth. Its a 56k trap!!!!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3684/dscf79170aw.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8821/dscf79184nz.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5279/dscf79195iu.jpg

Keep up the good work man. I know on an earlyer post u talked about the type of CAD you used. I am pretty decent with auto cad myslef and was wondering if you could just give me the rough size of the face area so i can start to figure out what i want to do and if it will all fit in the space allowed. Shoot me a PM if you can. Thanks Sully

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

dont worry it will come, calm down guys! I want to do some more work up front so I have a 'solid' offering and proof up front for fitment. The last thing I want is to send these out and get fitment complaints, or to have them not function properly.

Please remember that I did my very first measuring of the cubby Thursday May 11th, and first prototype that Friday. That was not even 2 weeks ago. I should have kept more to myself, but I wanted you guys along with me in the development process so I updated you with every design.

You have waited a long time (some of you) for a product like this.... please be patient as I wrap things up down the stretch. You will be happy with the outcome.

I just ordered the same gauges that Casopolis found on ebay and which are a good match colorwise. Plus Casopolis has already done all the legwork on figuring out the best way to set these up.

The vendor will discount the second item's shipping whereas previously I don't think he was doing that (the shipping price is jacked up high so this makes a big difference cost-wise). If you want these I recommend you contact him via email. I got a boost and oil pressure setup for $110 shipped and it didn't involve any haggling. The vendor's name is something like "wholesale overstock" or similar...won't be hard to find.

For those who cannot wait for the GB... each will be packaged very well (they can get fragile), and come with instructions on install.

These are so simple that is all you need. No tape, no cutting, no modificaitons.

I think that we as a community would agree that we want the best product that can be offered. There is a tendency to get over anxious on here and then people can get mean.

We need to let the man do his job and he will begin selling them through the GB as soon as his testing is done and the pricing is worked out. Don't forget that he also has to build inventory which takes time to make. So patience is a virtue here (just as it has to be with the cat backs that everyone is waiting on, or FMIC, or whatever)

He has done a better job then most on keeping us updated, in fact I am amazed at how fast this turned around.

I say keep up the good work, get it the way you are comfortable with the product, and set up the GB when all variables are identified. We will still be here !!!!!

I just ordered the same gauges that Casopolis found on ebay and which are a good match colorwise. Plus Casopolis has already done all the legwork on figuring out the best way to set these up.

The vendor will discount the second item's shipping whereas previously I don't think he was doing that (the shipping price is jacked up high so this makes a big difference cost-wise). If you want these I recommend you contact him via email. I got a boost and oil pressure setup for $110 shipped and it didn't involve any haggling. The vendor's name is something like "wholesale overstock" or similar...won't be hard to find.

Be very careful with "wholesaleoverstock" on Ebay. He doesn't respond to emails very promptly (1-2 weeks), types in very broken english, and is not interested in providing ANY support after the sale.

I went round and round with him about a non-functioning gauge I received. It took me 6 weeks to get a replacement unit.

Archived