LegacyGT.com

First prototype of 2-gauge cubby pod-with closing door

CasopoliS

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so who wants my money here? I'm jonesin for this thing
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Yes they are angled upwards. The 'ceiling' of the cubby is angled downwards, not leaving much room for the gauge. In order to get the gauges to fit, they have to sit snug to the top of the cubby, making them parallel with it.

The only good way of facing these downward more is to cut the top of the cubby back. I am happy with how they are now though.... it looks worse in the picture than it actually is. If I want to angle them downward in the future I will do so. I would rather not have to tell people they have to cut up their cubby, when this setup works just fine.

Ok, so who wants my money here? I'm jonesin for this thing

I will be setting up the GB soon. I want to get all my ducks in a row first, making sure you guys get the best of what I can offer you.

As an update on design: The 90deg tab on the back is not actually needed. It is such a snug fit that the tab really does not do much. I am eliminating this from the design.

I will be setting up the GB soon. I want to get all my ducks in a row first, making sure you guys get the best of what I can offer you.

As an update on design: The 90deg tab on the back is not actually needed. It is such a snug fit that the tab really does not do much. I am eliminating this from the design.

Understood. I'm really impressed how fast you're moving on this. Great work dude.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Understood. I'm really impressed how fast you're moving on this. Great work dude.

Thanks. I am happy that the first design fit so well, which helped out a ton. I started everything like a week ago and I am almost ready to start a GB.

Your going to be looking at ~$50 in the GB. Regular pricing will be slightly more. I cut costs any way I could without compromising quality. The more people I get, the lower the price. GB will be 5 or more pricing, and 10 or more pricing.

I am in the design process now, once that is done I will start the GB. Like I said before, I am going to offer many styles. I also have a secret design I am working on.... :icon_bigg

So is the consesus that the Megan Racing Guages are poop? I don't want to spend a lot on something like this at all. I was thinking a boost and an oil pressure and be done with it.

I want a boost for sure, not sure what else to really get. EGT would be good but I didn't get my manifolds tapped for it. I want inexpensive matching and functioning guages. I dont' need Defi's

So is the consesus that the Megan Racing Guages are poop? I don't want to spend a lot on something like this at all. I was thinking a boost and an oil pressure and be done with it.

I want a boost for sure, not sure what else to really get. EGT would be good but I didn't get my manifolds tapped for it. I want inexpensive matching and functioning guages. I dont' need Defi's

People have gotten really ogod readings off the Megan Racing gauges. I have heard the VAC to be maybe 1 psi off, but the boost levels to be within .5 psi. Most gauges are hard to distinguish that low.

I will hook up my gauges soon and let you know how they work. They are cheap, Oil pressure gauge is $14 and boost is $18. It would be great to combine shipping on those... I would contact the seller. You might be able to get both shipped for under $50. I don't know for sure. Just keep the cubby closed until you invest in gauges!

Why don't you drill and tap your manifolds yourself? It isn't hard.

I don't know enough about that to do it. I am learning and getting better with stuff but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. Plus I am not sure I even really need EGT. I will not be upgrading my turbo ever and I will get a protune. I am also 5EAT so even a boost guage would only be good for bling and road testing boost.

It isn't as helpful for me in keeping it in boost as an MT since I don't shift

NEW ANGLED DESIGN.

5 Degree angle with smoothing. Parallel flats added on the back for mounting brackets. Added height to the top and reduced gap on the sides.

I will be building this tomorrow, and testing it tomorrow evening. Hopefully the door will clear the gauge bezel, and the mounting brackets will rest on the flats provided in the back.

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/3402/jm0252angledfront2ce.jpg

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/7642/jm0252angledrear9xu.jpg

45 mm designed:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/7530/jm0245angledfront4vc.jpg

And a picture of the blank design for those with TTs, Radar Detecters, EBCs, informeters, etc. Easily cut.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/1338/jmblankfront5sm.jpg

subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe,:0

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Champion effort!

I don't think there's a need for further combinations, I think you've covered most bases. The only other one is by removing the trip computer to the ashtray location and developing a double din setup.... This would fall into the too hard basket - as opposed to what you've done.

Keep up the great work!!!

ps... also love the gauges, looking to get a set for myself atm.

Thanks guys.

It is very easy to remove, just remove it as you would normally remove the lower portion of the cubby. It just snaps right out. You can revert FULLY back to stock in a matter of minutes (assuming you did not hardwire your gauges!).

Archived