LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

^ the tint difference is minimal, i haven't had any trouble with 35%; you could probably go lower if you wanted, as long as you don't act foolishly on the streets the cops won't have a reason to pull you over for it.

i see escalades and the like with 20% tint all the time and it doesn't seem to get them in trouble

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 45% SunTek Carbon, installed at Tint King in Billerica.

Check my mod list below for a pic. :)

Nice setup. I wish they had an '08 on the lot that had the dark interior. Oh well, at least my seats wont fry my ass in the summer.

^ the tint difference is minimal, i haven't had any trouble with 35%; you could probably go lower if you wanted, as long as you don't act foolishly on the streets the cops won't have a reason to pull you over for it.

i see escalades and the like with 20% tint all the time and it doesn't seem to get them in trouble

True. I'd like to see 35% next to 40% to see if there is a noticable difference.

How about the clear "bra" stuff? My uncle works at a body shop and he has mixed feelings arbout it. It DOES protect your car, but it can haze and if you ever remove it there will be a difference of protected vs non protected cars. He had some guy come in with a lambo and had them do the entire car with this stuff...pretty crazy.

Just because you haven't seen anyone being pulled over in an escalade doesn't mean they don't do it.

On my evo I had exactly 35% I have been checked twice and even contested it once when I was pulled over. Sucks.. so I'm going to err on the slightly lighter side and not even going to bother going darker than the limit.

I have 45% SunTek Carbon, installed at Tint King in Billerica.

Check my mod list below for a pic. :)

that looks very nice. for those of you looking at tinting, I'm also interested in doing a tint (i'm in waltham too) so we might be able to get a group deal some place.

I got a response already.. very fast with the email.

Unfortunately price is a little steep again.

$250 for all the windows and a little tint strip on the front window.

I can call them again and ask for "group" discounts if we have enough interested.

I think I *may* have to call the place in Natick again and ask them what their current pricing is.

^ yeah i got a quote for $250 as well....this was a few months ago maybe? i never did end up getting it done. but it would be nice for the summer. but i thought $250 was about the right price?

if you think we can get some group "discount" then def. give it a shot. pm me the details :p

I'm deff in for a group buy. I'm pretty sure I want to go with SunTek Carbon tint (I've heard and seen good things). I'm trying to get in touch with Solar Solutions (Bedford, MA) because he uses SunTek Carbon and he gave me a really good quote on my last car...I think it was $150 for my '07 VW Rabbit. I'll keep you guys posted.

What have you guys done in the past for tint? I don't want the po-po pulling me over everyday due to my tint. I think MA limit is like 35% but I'm pretty sure the factory glass has a VERY light UV/tint which may push me over the limit when combined with the aftermarket stuff. Not sure if I should go 35% or 40%. Thoughts?

MA is 35%. i'd probably get 40% all around, so it'll drop me down a little including the factory stuff. not really too sure, but i would imagine any tint on a dark colored car looks lighter than it actually is v. a light colored car.

i know the cops in arlington are a big PITA...friend has 20 or 25% and gets pulled over all the time, day or night. he stopped driving through there. :p

Any reviews on them yet? (Solar solutions) Did a google, but couldn't find any reviews.

$250 is high, back when I did my Evo it was $220, and other shops were $160-180. Maybe "inflation" or higher prices for films now. I'm still awaiting to hear from the place I got my cars done a few years back. If they don't come back with a good deal I think I might be in for Solar Solutions.

Found a few reviews on [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=window+tinting&sll=42.389781,-71.239247&sspn=0.156199,0.285301&g=Waltham,+MA&ie=UTF8&ll=42.540181,-71.253891&spn=0.155824,0.285301&z=12&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=42474053,-71269249,11966296702121331198&dtab=2]google maps[/ame].

They used to have a really nice site with a bunch of examples and reviews. Supposedly, tint-king took over their domain name (solarsolutionstinting.com) which forced Solar Solutions to scramble and get up a crappy site with a .net domain. If this is true, I wouldn't want to give tint-king my business; competition is the best thing for consumers.

I'm down for either one. I'd say it's at least worth a shot to try and get a group discount to either one of them. i've been wanting to get tinted for awhile, just never made the move toward it. i'm thinking of 40%-45% ....the 45% the other person listed looked pretty classy, but i'm not sure how it would be on a black car. i dont wanna be all murdered out or anything, just darken things up a bit...