LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick Subaru huh... how was your experience there???.. ive heard mixed reviews...

i was there the other day to buy some all season floor mats and a new rubber pedal for my clutch.. for a dealership they had reasonable prices 50 for floor mats, 6 for a pedal...but i really only went there because i work down the street..

a little OT now but saw this on nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1630303

doesn't sound like that member had a good experience there...

a little OT now but saw this on nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1630303

doesn't sound like that member had a good experience there...

yea ive heard very mixed reviews... i read through that thread.. i will agree my experiences at patrick's proved that the sales rep's new little to nothing about subarus.. outside of available colors and trims at least.. and they are definatly rude to the younger crowd.. i am only 20 and depending on how you are dressed and what car you pull in the lot with will make or break you...

but at the same time his expectations were a little high given what he was looking for.. he should be looking private sale not a dealership..they will simply try and get you in a car... they could care less which one, they just want your $$

I'll organize it, I'll pick a place after a few reasonable suggestions and post a poll for what day and time, sound good?

im down... start a new thread or in this one???

ill start with some suggestions....

1.) Heberts Candy Mansion - Shrewsbury on RT20 make your own sundaes

2.) West End Creamery - Northbridge/Whitinsville off RT146

3.) Cold Stone Creamery - Blackstone Valley Mall Millbury off rt 146

thats pretty much all i know for places with appropriate parking... im open to anywhere..

yea ive heard very mixed reviews... i read through that thread.. i will agree my experiences at patrick's proved that the sales rep's new little to nothing about subarus.. outside of available colors and trims at least.. and they are definatly rude to the younger crowd.. i am only 20 and depending on how you are dressed and what car you pull in the lot with will make or break you...

but at the same time his expectations were a little high given what he was looking for.. he should be looking private sale not a dealership..they will simply try and get you in a car... they could care less which one, they just want your $$

I actually had a pretty good experience at patrick. The salesman was very informative and knew what he was talking about and was definetely a friendly person. Obviously they aren't going to give you the best deal unless you haggle and ask for it but he never tried to pressure me or force me into anything.

Yup, exactly, an experience at the dealer is exactly related to your preparedness, expectations, and sincerity to purchase.

Patrick's downfall it's that it borders Worcester, so they get a lot of folks in there who are just yanking their chain looking for joy rides.

I've bought two cars there, both from Joe, and while he doesn't know the absolute details of all the models, he's a decent guy to work with on numbers, which, seen how I can guarantee I know more about the models there then any of their sales guys, was all I was interested in walking in the door.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

• 4 weeks later...
mrjk - you just ordered one too?

lol yep.

also, everytime i see your damn sn, my eyes only focus on "Big AL"

:lol:

http://www.manleysmm.com/images/BigAlLogo.jpg

edit: AP arrived. hooray. install was easy as pie. altho, the 1.16 maps were preloaded. not sure of the diff in the update to 1.17, but maybe i'll do that later today.

Edited by mrjk77

haha! i'm stage 1 - 93 octane map now. i don't have too much desire to go stage 2. we'll see how long that lasts :lol:

drove around yesterday. did a "loop" starting from rte 16 down 128S and then up 93N. car felt fanfriggintasticccc. the stutter in 1st that everyone hates is now gone for me. and everything north of ~3k rpms is noticeably different. butt dyno ftw. on-ramps are definitely more fun. :) almost stalled when i left it idle for 3-4 minutes (this was just after i flashed) but hasn't happened since. seems like this is a problem for some.

do people really mount their ap on the dash or use a cellphone holder on a vent? i was planning on just putting it back in the box and storing it in my closet. if i kept looking at the real time data, i'd always feel the need for more upgrades :spin:

^^^ i dont see the need to have your AP connected to the car all the time... unless you are logging through the AP (which i hear is a new feature), or are planning on changing maps (valet, fuel economy), i dont see how it would be useful... besides i for one wouldnt want to have my $600 mini-computer out in the open for the world to see (and steal)

and suggestion for your cobb stickers... i dont like having stickers visable on my car so any i obtain and feel deserve a spot get placed on the underside of the hood...

ohhh. i like your idea of the stickers under the hood. or maybe in the trunk.

i just drove around with the ap plugged in and came to this conclusion:

1. it's worse than talking on a cell phone while driving. =T

2. i definitely feel the need mod more. "omg only 14 psi boost. i want moreeeee"

so, back in the box it goes.

• 2 weeks later...