LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not that bad of a drive... some of the backroads are really nice.

BIAL, we need to hang out soon cause I'm moving out of the dirty 'burg. Wifey and I are in the process of buying a house in Ayer (not that it's very far from Fitchburg anyways). We are on track to close May 27th.

I just finished adjusting my coilovers and was thinking of going for a quick trip out on the mohawk trail... it's so damn nice out!

My Install List

Stock gutted downpipe

Tru-Cool Transmission Cooler

(If time) Front cusco swaybar

If this materializes I would deff be in for this. I only live in Acton so 01469 is a short 45 min ride.

As an FYI my gf (the one who loves Korean food..) is from townsend - so I'm familiar with the area. Nice, but pretty much in new Hampshire. :) GREAT for a weekend cruise once were all finished our installs.

btw guys. i just had chung ki wa tonight for dinner. it's FAR superior than that crap place we had last week. LOL. sorry. we'll definitely have to hit up medford at some point. bbq at the table and they have soju. :)

Well the Tranny cooler looks like it's an easy install.. the DP though I keep on reading good and bad things about it.

So you knocked out both cats or did you keep one for CEL purposes?

Looks to be 1 hr drive for me as well, so I'd have to say.. depending on my wife's schedule etc.

Well, I'm looking to get the downpipe in definitely this upcoming weekend or the next. Will probably have to just tackle it with my father if we push it much past that.

Tranny cooler and sways I could wait a week or two if we needed time to get this together, so just let me know, I plan on speaking to my father tomorrow about shop time.

I only bought 1 section, so I only knocked the 1 cat out... again, very easy once it's off.

And yeah, Townsend is basically in NH. :redface:

:)

I bought just the section that HAS to be de-catted to go stage 2. I'm a 2008, so my UP is already catless. ;)

What I was saying though, is if your already pulling your DP to swap it, its just as easy to knock the cat out once you pull the DP off. The only thing you'd save by already having one ready is the 5 minutes it takes to knock the cat out. I didn't really know that, and plus I'd rather have the stock parts lying around just in case something happens and I have to go back to stock to go to the dealership, seeing I've got an 80k warranty.

stfu. you serious?

wouldn't they have to be like, please remove engine cover, heat shield and i need a jack too so i can get a good look to see what UP you got?

PBR doesn't cost THAT much you know. :p

edit: btw, i put two 19" LED strips in the trunk. had to copy you sorry. :(

Edited by mrjk77

alex. all two LED mods? :p

um, i think some are posted in the yourledshop.com thread and the LED foglight thread. i'll post up those links.

basically i've only done the LED "eyeliners" (pics are posted in the first thread) and i've put two LED strips in the trunk. i haven't done anything to the interior lighting (i'm more partial to the soft "yellow" look of bulbs than "white" LEDs). i do have two other LED strips, just figuring out what to do with them. if i see you this week, i'll show you what i did....

installs were pretty easy. i've since replaced the below LED strips with new ones (much brighter and all the lights actually work). but here are the pics right after the first install. i think i put them up somewhere before just forgot.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/LGT/DSCF1024.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/mrjk77/LGT/DSCF1029.jpg

Edited by mrjk77

not yet. i was gonna put some around the stock fogs. like do a "\_ . _/" kinda design, but there's not a good fitment there. i dunno i'll put them in a grille and get back to my ricer roots. rofl.

fogs are still stock bulbs. for now.

replacements sent from yourledshop.com (free of course).

just order new strips from oznium.com.

will let you know about quality on the new strips.

Good call.. I didn't see that you were an 08... My reading has said that the cat in the up-pipe may be "tougher" to get out than the downpipe :)

I dunno... for the DP, all I really did was chisel it out with a flathead and a hammer! :lol: Once I chipped a few good chunks out of it, it basically all fell out.

So if we really did this install meet, especially if I get my DP on this weekend (which means less time I need on the lift later) I'm sure we could get yours out, rip that cat out, and have you stage 2 in a couple hours. :)

I'm gonna make another thread for the install meet just as soon as I get confirmation from the old man. I'll link it in here when I do, probably today or tomorrow, whenever I see him.

not yet. i was gonna put some around the stock fogs. like do a "_ . _/" kinda design, but there's not a good fitment there. i dunno i'll put them in a grille and get back to my ricer roots. rofl.

fogs are still stock bulbs. for now.

replacements sent from yourledshop.com (free of course).

just order new strips from oznium.com.

will let you know about quality on the new strips.

if you're gonna go nuts with LEDs you should wire some up INSIDE the door handles (on the outside of the car) so when you hit your unlock button the handles all glow :iam: