LegacyGT.com

Who's in MA?

Billy Dagwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, Lowell Represent!! :)

I'm actually down there quite a bit. I have a few friends that live in Loft 27 downtown. We party up in Nashua a lot too.

Spec-B or Aftermarket wheels? Post a pic so we can look out for ya! :)

Aftermarket 18", debadged and tint - Diamond Grey Metallic LGT.

I walk my dog all the time down by Loft 27, those are pretty nice condos.

18-1

Nice. Not starting an argument on this forum though. :)

PS - your avatar is contradictory since Boondocks took place in Boston (the greatest city in the world)

Great movie regardless of where you are from who you root for though.

I live near the corner of Hammond St and Rt 20

thanks for the offer! I may end up taking you up on it some time, I think my back speakers are a little blown from the previous owner. has a little rattle in the sound when the bass hits.

i used to have a setup with a single 10" sub in my old car but it doesnt seem like its too possible in this single-headunit setup with the auto climate control. what do you have for audio in your car?

Look up my install thread!

Eclipse 8053 head

Arc Audio MEQ-30

2 Image Dyanamics ID8

Image Dynamics XS-65 up front

Boston Acoustics Pro60's Rear

JL Audio 500/5 Amp

Head unit 6 CD goes into Eclipse ;)

I've also still got my Boston Z6's for sale. They have built in mounts, and are literally drop in ready for a LGT. Pics if you're interested.

Pics in thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84967

Also, if you want to keep the factory radio and use amps, you can use a JL Audio Cleansweap, Rockford 3Sixty.2 and the like.

Edited by ean611
link

BigInALegacy, sure Middlesex meet anyone?

Car went back together, so it's all good. The "vacation pictures" were most useful.

That reminds me, I still need to take apart my rear doors again, need to add more sound deadening in them....

I'd be down for a Middlesex meet sometime.

I didn't even have the guts to pull the dash and put my gauges in... did all my audio in 2/3 of my last cars, but something about the new car that makes me nervous for some reason. But I guess at least when you do it yourself you know EVERYTHING that went into it, and how to troubleshoot it.

wow that is some pretty intense audio work. i did some audio work on my last car, but not nearly that in-depth. just taking off door panels / rear deck to put in new speakers and running amp/sub lines through the cabin to the rear just tucking them under the door jam. are the speakers for sale fronts or backs?

i'd like to be able to hook up my 10" sub (with amp) w/o a new deck, but it doesnt seem like its possible without making a mess / spending a ton of cash

IIRC just running an amp/sub isn't terribly hard. I believe it's when you start going with new head units and therefore need to screw with the HVAC system.

Then again don't quote me, I'm sure EAN would know better than I seeing I haven't looked too much into car audio for the LGT. I'm actually trying to sell the stuff I had in my last vehicle now so I can get an AP and some other goodies.

snow05gtRI:

Speakers I'm selling are front. To install them, you will need: 6 screws to hold woofers in. That's it. They have tweeter and woofer brackets. The tweeter brackets will replace your current tweeter brackets. The only catch is you'll have to find space for the crossovers in your doors. There should be space, as they were in mine. The tweeters also can run at 0dB or -2dB, I recommend -2dB for the Legacy, as the tweets are so close to your ear compared to the woofer. I ran them off the factory radio, so there isn't a lack of power in that respect.

If you want a sub, you can use a cheap line out converter. Otherwise I see JL Audio cleansweeps on ebay for $120. There are many options if you want to keep the factory radio. I see the Rocford 3Sixty.2 for as little as 250 on ebay, or 420-440 new.

Either way, you don't need to spend a ton of cash or wreck your car. The most difficult part will be tapping the speaker signals from behind your radio, and that isn't terribly difficult. You can even get the factory sub harness to make installing even easier!

EDIT: By the way, sound deadening is the most important thing for sound I've found in this car. I can show you on mine sometime, but there are chambers between the door and the interior door panel that need to be filled with foam or some other material if you're going to go overboard. Otherwise, aftermarket speakers by themselves with stock doors are still quite an upgrade from stock.

EDIT: Pics of Z6's

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0570.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0573.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0574.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ean611/DSCN0575.jpg

Edited by ean611
Pics of speakers

just recently moved to Waltham, MA ... have a black on tan 05 LGT LTD 5EAT with about 28.5k miles on it, just bought it about 2 months ago.

figuring out what i want to do to it

nice, i got the same. OBP/"taupe"

had 42k miles on it when i purchased it, and haven't done anything to it. been too busy. :spin: