LegacyGT.com

What was your LAST car

What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?

• Audi/VW
    • BMW
    • Volvo
    • Mitsu
    • Chrysler/Merc
    • Any GM pos (LOL)
    • Ford/Lincoln
    • Nissan/Infinity
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Honda/Acura

Well I started out with a 1965 Ford F100 Custom Cab Short Bed, 3 speed with the 352 cu. in. engine Powder Blue and Antique white, then > a 2000 Ford ZX2 S/R, Red, it got up and went really well, I totaled that on a trip back to Philly,(note, Goodyear Eagle F1s with rain do not mix), then > a 1995 Ford Probe GT, black with Tan leather interior, all options, just loaded, I had full Greddy exhaust, Hotshot headers, Hotshot CAI, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley and 11 lb flywheel, Stage 3 Clutchmasters, B&M STS, Toxico 5 way adjustable struts with GroundControl coilovers with Eibach ProKits, 9.2 mm wires, Royal Purple w/ Mobil1, 17"x7.5" Motegi FF15s wrapped in 245/40/17 Falken 451s(awesome tires). That was my baby, I miss her so much. I sold her after I got back form Boot Camp and got orders to Alaska( I didn't know they had a track up here, I kick myself all the time for getting rid of her). Next was a 2005 Subaru Legacy wagon, basic model, drove that to Alaska, then 4 months ago, I traded it in for my beautiful Black & Tan 2005 Subaru Legacy GT limited wagon. Oh and I made my wife trade her 01 VR6 in for a 04.5 Jetta GLI 1.8t, now shes very happy with it after autoxing. Sorry it was so long but I needed to get it out:icon_cry:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2003 Chevy 2500 extended cab 4X4 on hummer H2 wheels and about 375 hp. Alpine & JL audio stereo with 12w6 in stealth box and a 5/500 JL amp. Awesome truck, but 12 mpg sucks!
"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

street image: I don't understand why you'd give up 90% of those cars.

are you just into modding then selling? that s14 looks nice too. SR engine swap?

btw, nice ITR, makes me miss mine :(

Well, there are different reasons why I give the cars up.

acura cl type s, gmc typhoon- too unreliable

evo, s4, s14, c32, turbo gsr- got a really good offer on them. The amount was just too high to turn down. I bought the s14 for 2k put about 7k into it and sold it for 17k.

m5-Didn't like it very much.

s2k- loved the car but needed more room.

turbo miata-got bored of

The s14 actually has a rb26dett.

ooh.. RB swap. every silvia owner's dream.

I woulda kept the evo. lol

ya, i think the evo was my favorite car i've ever had. I was just getting pulled over left and right in that car. Cops around here love to pull over those cars for no reason. A good friend bought it from me so its still in the family.

02 4Runner SR5...which I still drive on occasion. It's really gangstah, so I use it on those special occasions, such as drive-by's? Haha or just when I have no gas in my Legacy.

1990 Eagle Talon

T3/T4 50 Trim

Dyno'd at 335HP 330TQ on a street tune

http://www.scubastruck.com/dsmgarage/talon/talon_front.jpg

http://www.scubastruck.com/dsmgarage/talon/talon_rear.jpg

http://www.scubastruck.com/dsmgarage/talon/fpr_engine_bay.jpg

:icon_bigg 02 TT. always had something going wrong. :(

The Subaru rules! I should have got the manual trans. I feel like a dork shifting the AT then waiting for the gearshift to happen.

My life is so much better having switched from Audi to Subaru!

An 98 Nissan Altima and an.... 89 Honda Civic Std with 4spd manual!!! I just bought a LGT and I am going to keep my current cars as long as practical. Civic has been my daily driver to work (12 miles one way), Altima was driven by wife and used for weekend trips. Now Subbie will be the weekend car.

If Subbie will be as reliable as my Altima & Civic (both absolutely refuse to die, no matter how hard I drive or neglect them, both at 140k now), I cannot ask for anything more...

As far as Nissan is concered, I don't see a single interesting car in Nissan/Infinity line these days. Not a wagon, first of all. If you think they used to make the Skyline GT-R based AWD wagons in Japan. Those kick Legacy ass.

Before Altima I had two other Nissans, an 84 300ZXT (an 90+ 300ZXTT has been always my dream, maybe one day as a project car) and... a 89 Nissan Sunny Diesel. The last one I had in Europe before moving to the U.S. I liked it, diesels are the future. If Subaru makes a Legacy Wagon Turbo Diesel 5MT in the future, I'll be buying one.

99 Mazda 626. Plain and slow, but decent transportation, never had any major problems with it. Before that I had a Mazda Protege5, which was an awesome little car (though it could've used a bit more power) - I'd probably still be driving it but I had to trade it when I graduated from college and it took me way longer to find a job than I'd expected.

Archived