LegacyGT.com

What was your LAST car

What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?

• Audi/VW
    • BMW
    • Volvo
    • Mitsu
    • Chrysler/Merc
    • Any GM pos (LOL)
    • Ford/Lincoln
    • Nissan/Infinity
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Honda/Acura

I had a 1987 Buick sommerset coupe in black

Then i bought a 2002 nissan frontier.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

:icon_mrgr

Nope, make that a LOT. Hope you like your car better than that house on wheels!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But without knowing how many buyers came from other Subarus, what will that mean?

Also, it seems from the comments that a lot of the people who have voted don't have LGT's - they have other models.

OK, ONE more time (if you'd read this whole thread you'd have the answer to your question, I believe more than once):

There was another thread on replacing subarus, etc, and we were discussing why this and why that, and I decided that I wanted to know what the makeup of conquest buyers was, thus this thread.

The OTHER thread was for discussing subarus that were replaced. THIS thread was for CONQUEST buyers, and NOT peeps replacing subarus, as stated in the first post.

There is about a page's worth of posts, maybe up to two pages worth, of peeps whining on this thread about why there was no subaru option, whereas in the first post, and multiple posts later, it says if you are replacing a subaru DONT vote - I guess I should have said dont comment, too but then peeps aren't reading the thread anyway, just the title.

It's no big deal, just an internet thread, but it is really amazing how many people really want to put the subaru they replaced on THIS thread, when there's another thread. Edit: OK finally found it here's the other poll:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32806&highlight=start+poll

LOL

This thread has just way out lived the other thread. I'll post a link here, but after another page of this thread there will be:

(a) more peeps bitching about no subaru option in the poll

(b) peeps asking "so where was that other thread again?????"

LOL the internet message boards.

last two cars:

02 Civic SI-supercharged

05 MKIV Jetta GLI-Turbo

Now 05 Legacy N/A- what the hell was I thinking.....oh yeah, more room for kids.:icon_wink

just curious...now i'm assuming that the GLI was your last car of the two. there isnt that much more room in the subie over a MkIV (except for the jetta's tiny trunk), was there any other reason you got rid of it? the GLI was a sweet ride :D

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

:icon_mrgr

Nope, make that a LOT. Hope you like your car better than that house on wheels!

I loved that truck, I would of kept it but gas was a killer with 33" I loved the way it looked without the cap. IDK why I bought that cap... here is what it looked like without it....

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/Repsak25/IMG_0657.jpg

2000 volvo V70 R AWD, Automatic, IPD ECU (300+ hp), TME exhaust, IPD sway bars, strut tower brace, tinted windows, plus a host of other mods. I loved this car, all the luxury, plus performance, utility and AWD. I used to take it to the track and teach all the but heads in their mustangs a lesson. I was often asked if my wife new I had her "wagon" at the track. I got really tired of the reliability issues (thanks to Ford buying Volvo....) and no manual. So when the LGT came out with a 5-speed, I had to have it. But of course, I'm now married with kid (my wife hates wagons....) and have no money to modify the car. Thankfully the LGT outperforms the V70 R in almost everything and rides better (and no reliability problems .... so far).

just curious...now i'm assuming that the GLI was your last car of the two. there isnt that much more room in the subie over a MkIV (except for the jetta's tiny trunk), was there any other reason you got rid of it? the GLI was a sweet ride :D

the legacy's backseat is actually bigger than the jettas. My 3 yr. old has more room in the back now plus my 6 month old whos care seat takes up a lot due to the fact how his car seat sits-the passanger front seat has to be moved up. theres more room to move up in the legacy and not feel like your eating the windshield. I miss my Jetta, had a revo ecu, carbonio cf intake, ghl downpipe. pretty quick for a lil turbo.

...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

2004 Subaru WRX, custom paint job, Full VF-22 Setup, running high 12's.

Oscar

LOL it didn't even take a page of posts for peeps to forget what this thread was about.:lol:

Read about the last 10 posts and you'll see why I'm busting your balls.

2006 Eclipse, what a beauty and a head turner. Always got compliments on it, and since I've got this car I got "My grandma has a car just like it." and "my daughter would love a car like that." :lol: Thats okay, I love it.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2252000-2252999/2252606_59.jpg

2006 Eclipse, what a beauty and a head turner. Always got compliments on it, and since I've got this car I got "My grandma has a car just like it." and "my daughter would love a car like that." :lol: Thats okay, I love it.

You had your eclipse less than a year?? Why did you dump it so fast?

You had your eclipse less than a year?? Why did you dump it so fast?

I purchased the car in Aug of 05. I needed a more practical car, my new job puts me driving in a car all day long. Driving a sports car all day is hell, especially with the sport suspension.

• 2 years later...
Our Legacy replaced my wife's '98 Acura 1.6EL auto, we needed something bigger, and AWD will be nice as our roads are ice covered 1/2 the year. I still have my '99 Acura 1.6EL 5M though, and I will be keeping it for another couple years at least.

lgt replaced 2002 dodge durango. i miss it sometimes.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

1981 mazda 626>1998 dodge stratus>2001 acura cl>06 lgt>2007 bmw 335i & 06 mazda 3s GT

My friend had an 87' 626 as his first car and I loved driving in it because it was a crazy car. It was a hand-me down from his mother and my friend got it in 97' so it was already an old car. The springs were pinched and the shocks were shot so it felt like it was on really stiff, really shitty coilovers and the tach used to shake back and fourth so you never really knew how fast the engine was running.

the 81 was my dad's first new car and when i started driving in 97 it only had 80k on it. i drove it like i stole it all day everyday and it died in two years later. i feel bad now thinking about how i should have taken care of it so it could stay in the family.

my dad loved 626's and he had an 85 and then a 90. great cars!

every once in awhile i search for an early 80's 626 on ebay/autotrader/craigslist to restore.

My wife went from 2003 Saturn Ion 5-speed to a 2008 Legacy GT 5-speed. Quite the step up.

I went from a 2005 Saab 9-2x aero 5-speed (WRX Wagon) to a 2006 Civic SI. A step up in shift quality, interior quality, gas mileage, and refined engine characteristics. A huge step down in functionality (cargo space), traction capabilities, and tunability.

I realize now that if I had kept the 9-2x aero, I would probably be cruising around with 250+whp and it would be sweet.....

Archived