LegacyGT.com

What was your LAST car

What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What is the manufacturer of the car you replaced with your Legacy GT?

• Audi/VW
    • BMW
    • Volvo
    • Mitsu
    • Chrysler/Merc
    • Any GM pos (LOL)
    • Ford/Lincoln
    • Nissan/Infinity
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Honda/Acura

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2004 Pontiac GTO 6-speed... and it was FAST... 350hp, 365ft-lb, great interior, quiet, best seats I've ever sat in, beautiful exhaust note, sucky brakes, sucky GM service, tiny trunk, terrible rearward visibility. ... That LS1 was the best engine I've ever had in a car. I got the same fuel mileage as with my LGT 5EAT, even better on the highway.

It was a great car, but just not as fun or practical, and I wanted a 4 door automatic daily driver. After the LGT is paid off, I'll be buying another car with a similar engine, most likely a 01 ZO6. That is my favorite body style ever, in something I can actually afford. Who knows, the Ferrari F50's may really lose their value in the next couple of years. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jason_w_carter/left-side-2-no-tag.jpg

Too say I am a "car guy" is an understatement ... since 1994 I have had:

1986 Honda CRX DX - Auto

1987 Honda CRX Si - 5spd

1988 Saab 9000 Turbo 5-Door - Auto

1991 Acura Integra GS Coupe - 5spd

1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe - Auto

1995 Acura Integra SE Sedan - 5spd

1999 Acura Integra GS Sedan - 5spd

1999 Infiniti G20t - Auto

2001 Infiniti G20t - 5spd

2002 Infiniti G20 Sport - 5spd

2001 Infiniti I30 Sedan - Auto

2003 Volkwagon Jetta GLS - Auto

2002 Saab 9-3 SE 25th Annv. 5-Door - Auto

2002 Saab 9-5 Aero - 5spd

2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i - Auto

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT LTD - 5spd

1986 Honda CRX DX - Auto

1987 Honda CRX Si - 5spd

I highly recommend that you drive a CAR with a V8 for a year. Just give it a shot. I'll be going back eventually. I just still don't have a good feel about American made cars though, which most affordable (to me anyways) V8 cars are. GM just started the whole 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty thing though.

My GTO didn't have any MAJOR problems, just piddly things, but amazingly the GTO had NO RATTLES asides from the shifter knob that I fixed myself with some caulk. GM refused to attempt to fix it for me under warranty! The car wasn't half bad, but the GM ownership experience was terrible.

I highly recommend that you drive a CAR with a V8 for a year. Just give it a shot. I'll be going back eventually. I just still don't have a good feel about American made cars though, which most affordable (to me anyways) V8 cars are. GM just started the whole 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty thing though.

My GTO didn't have any MAJOR problems, just piddly things, but amazingly the GTO had NO RATTLES asides from the shifter knob that I fixed myself with some caulk. GM refused to attempt to fix it for me under warranty! The car wasn't half bad, but the GM ownership experience was terrible.

The crappy brakes thing is a major factor in keeping me away.

Two questions (both smartass)

1) So which car did you replace with your wagon?

2) Why the fark did you sell your m coupe - and not to me????

LOL

Hope you like your new car as much as the m (although that car was given the ugly treatment on the way out - too bad we didn't realize it was only the beginning for ugly bmws =\ )

I like my wagon a lot but its nothing like the m coupe....bmw said it best in the original ads.."its a lot like nothing else". ill be back in an mcoupe eventually.

lots of people think the z3 m coupe is a horrendously ugly car...nevertheless the s54 motored m coupes are selling in the mid 30s to low 40s ($46K msrp new). pretty crazy resale.

'03 M3. Fun car but a bit porky for me (as is the Legacy). I'd like see if any new RWD coupes come out in the next couple of years that are under 3000lbs. Maybe something like the Mazda Kabura.

For now, the Legacy and my Miata track car keep my happy.

The crappy brakes thing is a major factor in keeping me away.

My GTO was an 04. The 05's have bigger brakes up front and GM also swapped to vented discs in the back. The brakes are much better on the 05's. Plus you get the 400hp LS2 engine. The rear end is a little different on them too. Almost all of the 05's and 06's came with the non-functional hood scoops though. You had to special order the plain hoods.

The reason I didn't get an 05 is that I bought mine in 05 and the prices were about $5000 higher for used 05's versus 04's.

1986 Honda CRX DX - Auto

1987 Honda CRX Si - 5spd

used to have an 02 G20 sport, sadly though it was an auto...still one of the most fun cars i have ever driven...wish i still had it (if i could have magically made it a 5-speed :lol: )

• 3 weeks later...

i had a 1990 nissan maxima se with a 5 speed (black on black), and a 1996 maxima 5 speed. tranny went out in one, sold the other to a friend, because his car was murdered and my knees are shot so ... yeah no more standards for me probably.

2005 2.5i FTW! i really want a gt wagon but the dealership here said base price would be about 30k... so yeah don't feel like taking a road trip till the summer :D

I'm no longer interested in the GTO - I bought an RX-8. I'd much rather have brakes and steering feel/responsiveness than horses. GM doesn't know what performance car means.

My GTO was an 04. The 05's have bigger brakes up front and GM also swapped to vented discs in the back. The brakes are much better on the 05's. Plus you get the 400hp LS2 engine. The rear end is a little different on them too. Almost all of the 05's and 06's came with the non-functional hood scoops though. You had to special order the plain hoods.

The reason I didn't get an 05 is that I bought mine in 05 and the prices were about $5000 higher for used 05's versus 04's.

2004 Honda s2000 (Well..I still have it, since winter is making it a hard sale). She is the most beautiful car ever IMO and she also fits like a glove. Unfortunately, the unpracticality is getting to me. I do have multiple cars too (She almost never see driving time. I am a driver, not a collector).

- 89 Town Car - Ehh, made for a pretty pimping first car until it became a losing propsition keeping up on the repairs.

- 93 Chevy Lumina - Yeah, a bigger grandpa car than the town car.

- 99 Nissan Altima - Nice, sporty little car. Loved it until my car crashed it.

- 97 2WD F-150 (with Lightning Supercharger conversion) - An awesome car, put lots of mods into it until the gas mileage and horrible handling finally forced me to sell.

- 01 Lexus GS 430 - An awesome car but RWD combined with a torquey 300hp engine does not make a good combo in snowy utah.

Here we go

1989 Geo Metro Automatic great for College

1992 Mazda 323 5 speed Ok car.

1995 VW golf Gti Had it for 2 days it , Some one stold it.

1995 Honda Civic SI Coupe 5 speed.

1999 Honda Civic SIR 5 speed Awsome Cae.

2002 Honda Accord EX 5 speed. Gold color. A car my Grand Father would love.

2003 Honda Accord Coupe Silver Best car I ever owned. Wife smashed it into pieces.

2004 Mazda 6 V6 5 speed. The biggest peice of Crap I have ever owned. Car was great brand new but after 20000 miles rattling all over the place.

I am getting my LGT today. Leaving to go pick it up in 5 mins.

Thanks

REPOST 1st post:

So heres a poll for the conquest buyers - what did you drive B4 this, or what did you replace with your LGT.

If you replaced an old subaru (like I did) with your LGT, pls do not vote!

I'm curious to see if the conquest buyers are coming from, say A4's and 3 series or camry's and elantras.

Comments! You might mention your manual or auto pref - please do if your old car was a different transmission than your new one - but pls no transmission war - just the data!

At this point it looks like we have mostly VW/Audi and Honda conquests.

I traded in a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder. I really like it, but I kept having transmission problems (3 trannies by 53k miles!). There are times I miss the truck suspension, sitting high, and cargo room...that is until I hit the accelerator a little bit on the LGT!

REPOST 1st post:

So heres a poll for the conquest buyers - what did you drive B4 this, or what did you replace with your LGT.

If you replaced an old subaru (like I did) with your LGT, pls do not vote!

I'm curious to see if the conquest buyers are coming from, say A4's and 3 series or camry's and elantras.

Comments! You might mention your manual or auto pref - please do if your old car was a different transmission than your new one - but pls no transmission war - just the data!

At this point it looks like we have mostly VW/Audi and Honda conquests.

But without knowing how many buyers came from other Subarus, what will that mean?

Also, it seems from the comments that a lot of the people who have voted don't have LGT's - they have other models.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived