LegacyGT.com

Subaru announces 2007 spec.B

FameMax

i like the new upgrades, 6mt, vcd, but i really dont like the blue, it really clashes with the exterior color, i like the red that the 06's had, red leather=secks.

as much as i would want to trade up, i think i would wait until 08

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Temp/Sites/2624/e903d2bc0fbc45baa2077b125c881cbf/07_Legacy_spec.B_FrontSeat.jpg

They updated the gauges. I don't know if I like them or not.... The car seems to have a more Euro-look though... I guess I like it!

It has a little MPG meter, just like the older Euro cars (like old BMWs and Benzs).. Hahaha..

That's not MPG that's a torque meter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i know it's still early but im curious as to what the ECU tune options there will be, if it's possible at all

and is the 6 speed an improvement or is it just for show? something about longer/shorter gears got me all confused ...lol

i know it's still early but im curious as to what the ECU tune options there will be, if it's possible at all

and is the 6 speed an improvement or is it just for show? something about longer/shorter gears got me all confused ...lol

If it's the same as the STI you will have:

1) to shift more

2) High RPMS at highway cruising speed

3) added weight from the heavier trans

I had my friend's STI on Sunday. if the Spec B is geared the same... it will be a disappointment for those wanting fuel economy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The one feature that I actually think is "blah" is the SI-Drive. Really, all it does is change the sensitivity of the Throttle position sensor. In Sport mode, it acts just like the current GTs, in Sport Sharp mode, it acts like an STI which can be had with a TDC protune map if you have an AP. In "Intelligent" mode, it softens the curve. It's NOT like getting an AP because it doesn't actually increase the performance of the engine, just the response to input. I wonder if this feature will still work with an AP, or if it will even make the AP less compatible :(

Not true...

The SI-Drive controls the electronic throttle system’s response and fuel and ignition curves to modify engine torque characteristics, changing the performance character of the car in each mode...

It does shift points, throttle control, AND actual engine management. If Cobb can crack it... this will be AWESOME for map switches.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well with a Manual Tranny I don't really see the point of "SI" you can control pretty much all of that with your right hand and your right foot. I have driven both a STI and of course my LGT, the STI tranny is nice. I would very much like to drive the new spec b and see how the power/handling are different with the new lsd and vdc. But the 5 speed on the lgt is also really nice, so I am not going to cry over it.

Not true...

It does shift points, throttle control, AND actual engine management. If Cobb can crack it... this will be AWESOME for map switches.

If it's the same as the STI you will have:

1) to shift more

2) High RPMS at highway cruising speed

3) added weight from the heavier trans

I had my friend's STI on Sunday. if the Spec B is geared the same... it will be a disappointment for those wanting fuel economy.

The 2007 spec.B does weigh 115 lbs more than the 2006 version. However, we still don't know gear ratios or EPA fuel economy numbers. The ECO button is said to improve fuel economy by up to 10% over the 2006 version.

So, anyone know how VDC works with the viscous coupling? I thought it needed VTD to work the way it was designed (ie. change torque split before applying brakes independently).

Ken

^^ Its stated to have different gear ratios tuned specific to the L.

What he said ^.

Also, the STis now have carbon-plated double-cone syncs on 4th through 6th gears. I don't think the spec.B will get that.

-ben

You can't please every one all the time. FWIW, I think many of the complaints on this board about the C/G Legacy have been addressed in this car; it remains to be seen how much carries over to the Ltd trim line.

It's nice, but at the price point of the C/G Spec B I'm not sure it's the value leader anymore over the competition like the '05 was when it first came out.

Looking at the March sales figures, I guess I understand why they dropped the 5spd wagon, and why there's a rumor SOA might drop the wagon entirely: Only 411 wagons sold out of a total of 7642 Legacies (5%!). Bummer nonetheless.

Ok, so how much HP/TQ do I tell people my LGT comes with?? 250/250, or the <cringe> lower numbers. Also, are COBB's dyno charts for stage 1, 2, SAE corrected? I don't have them in front of me, sometimes they note that on the dyno graph. I am Stage 1, soon stage 2 so it really doesn't matter.

Looking at the March sales figures, I guess I understand why they dropped the 5spd wagon, and why there's a rumor SOA might drop the wagon entirely: Only 411 wagons sold out of a total of 7642 Legacies (5%!). Bummer nonetheless.
You're not too good with numbers. Subaru sold 2,219 non-Outback Legacy cars last month and about a third of them (~737) were wagons.

http://i2.tinypic.com/sxljpf.jpg

While I don't want to argue with you, it looks like "MPG" when zoomed in. Not going to rule out torque, though, of course..

I was looking at something totally different... my bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what im trying to figure out is what that little display is on the bottom of the tach

if you go to www.subaru.com they have flash animations on the 07 lgt and the 07 sti

http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2007/spec.B/index.html

in the flash animation it shows you that its just a cute lil chart looking thing that shows you what mode your knob is in.. ;)

Also it still has heated seats but with the joy knob taking over that space i wonder where the controls for them are i cant see them on the new stereo or anywhere else..

tach.jpg.f618526f9b76ffe1a72ab092eeb90233.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Not to post whore but i also just noticed that it comes with memory seat for the driver, about (*@&@(* time.

...I really do not understand the point of this. I could possibly see the use of it if two or more people of vastly different sizes switch off driving the same car very often, but who does that?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

...I really do not understand the point of this. I could possibly see the use of it if two or more people of vastly different sizes switch off driving the same car very often, but who does that?

Because seat position is also preference, not simply dictated by size and body shape for one. Good for husband/wife ;)

But why i really wish i had it, was every time i take my car to the dealer, or anywhere where somebody else drives the car (parking in the city etc) they ALWAYS *@& with the seat and then i spend 10 minutes tyring to get it back to the way i had it.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived