LegacyGT.com

Subaru announces 2007 spec.B

FameMax

Seems the specs are similar to that of the MS6. An upgrade from the 06 but I'm waiting for the 08 and hope they actually go for more of a Legacy tuned by STI package but including a full diff upgrade and maybe some more power.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nice changes. Amazing Subaru didn't offer some of those features on the Legacy from the very beginning. Took them 2 years to figure it out. lol

I'm surprised they even bothered with 500 Spec B's for the 2006 model year..

They're posting good sales #'s in their history. yay

:(

Well there go my intentions to swap a 2007 stereo into my car - I do not like the looks of the new one. Or the new gauges, or the SI-Drive knob, or the blue inserts (especially on the rear seats). It sounds like some of the new features should be nice, but seeing these pictures, with the Spec B still limited to one color and most of the desirable new features not available on a standard GT, I'm glad I didn't wait for 2007.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

SID = complete waste of time

If you need to select you mode of driving with a switch, then why choose a manual ?

Now if it actually gave more power and torque with each selection then it would be worthwhile, but just to be able to move the torque curve around...........really :lol:

Maybe if Cobb can crack it and use it to select different maps, then great, but that's going to take some time to develop, and we know how quickly Cobb do that !

The other gimmicks are nice, but just that, gimmicks.

WTF? I already have the SI control knob in my 05!? I keep it turned all the way up to ILL 6!! :icon_bigg

But really that is awesome. Hopefully with the 6 spd the clutch will feel a little "beefier" as well....

Hmm anyone want to buy a lightly used 05? :iam:

it seems pretty nice but it would be better if the "sport sharp mode" was more like the "sport" mode on the BMW M5's from what i heard the BMW sport mode not only changes the throttle response but it stiffens up the suspension and the steering

The 08' model may come w/more power, but most likely it will be UGLIFIED with the Impreza/Tribeca treatment. Personally I'd rather have a nicer looking/slower car than an ugly beast.

Plus you can always do something about the HP issues. ;)

I concur.

Yep I've driven an M5 in sport mode...the steering firms up, as well as the suspension and throttle response..it basically feels like you are at the controls of an f16!

But they are also 3x as much $$$...

yeah i was thinking the same thing i guess its really true that you get what you pay for.. i can only dream of owning a M5 :icon_mad:

hate to tell you this, but by looking at that chart, redline was right and you are wrong

The way redline got the 411 figure was by subtracting the total number of Outbacks from the total Legacy wagons. Not all Outbacks are wagons, though.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

So what do you guys think? Even if most of us wouldn't neccessarily trade up from an 05 or 06, I think the 07s will definitely have better "mass appeal" - I could definitely see alot more LGTs on the road very soon. I kinda liked being special, I still get the strange looks like - nice car --- but what is it?

The way redline got the 411 figure was by subtracting the total number of Outbacks from the total Legacy wagons. Not all Outbacks are wagons, though.

okay, so where are the outback sedans listed on that chart?

']Better put your glasses on.

***puttingglasseson***

okay, so where are the outback sedans listed on that chart?

or, to put it another way, how based upon that chart are you coming up with 737 legacy wagons?

***takingglassesoffandsquinting***

Archived