LegacyGT.com

Subaru announces 2007 spec.B

FameMax

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better, but still needs stiffer sways and springs, STI engine....kinda 1/2 way there....although, those changes can be addressed fairly well post-purchase....

'cept for the lack of wagon edition!!!!!

No clue, but I'm curious as well. Most likely the sides of the seats somewhere? Or the doors.

it would be weird to not have the passengers control within reach of the driver...how would you shut it off then, unless they are now on some sort of timer....

it would be weird to not have the passengers control within reach of the driver...how would you shut it off then, unless they are now on some sort of timer....

No clue. Coming from California, I've never really used heated seats before. :p

-ben

Good Job Subaru!

Spec B might leave a bit to be desired, but hey, it's a trim package, not an STI treatment. Looks pretty damn good to me.

I'll be jealous of the folding rear seats, but to be honest, I've yet to encounter a time I've wanted/needed to use them in the car yet. If I can make my move to Colorado this year, it will probably bug me when I take the car skiing, but other than that I've been able to live without folding seats for 4 years. It's not enough of a change to get me to trade in.

The one feature that I actually think is "blah" is the SI-Drive. Really, all it does is change the sensitivity of the Throttle position sensor. In Sport mode, it acts just like the current GTs, in Sport Sharp mode, it acts like an STI which can be had with a TDC protune map if you have an AP. In "Intelligent" mode, it softens the curve. It's NOT like getting an AP because it doesn't actually increase the performance of the engine, just the response to input. I wonder if this feature will still work with an AP, or if it will even make the AP less compatible :(

This makes me wonder if my current head unit also plays WMA files, even though I never use that file format. From what I've seen so far with the SOA literature for the 2007 models, I think the AUX in connector for 2007 will actually be in the center console! Nice going!

Steering wheel mounted stereo controls continued for 2007 Spec B, but no mention if the standard Legacy GT will have this option? Good incentives to step up to the Spec. B though. I wonder if the markup will be as high. Eve if it is, I think the value has gone up a good amount with the 6MT and VDC (even though I personally couldn't care less about either). Regardless, once you took out the dealer "market adjustment" markup crap, the Spec B wasn't unreasonbly higher priced than a standard GT, and since the Spec B will just be a new trim level, I suspect the pricing will be more consistent next year.

I'm impressed with how well Subaru listened to complaints and reacted with requested changes/improvements.

I hope this trend continues.

Archived