LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT catback is NOT a quality build

BOXRPWR

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anything over $500, it better ALL be stainless down to the bolts! That's just rediculous. It looks like a joe's muffler shack special. Sorry to hear Kev.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

hmmm a good time for crucial to release a prototype wink wink jeremy

+1...ya...any "reputable" company may wanna get busy now and throw something onto the table, RIGHT NOW!! We're listening...we're listening very carefully...:icon_twis

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Lol :)... we're waiting on the prototype!

btw -- if you're ever wondering if a flange or something isn't stainless steel, get a magnet. It wont stick to stainless but it will stick to mild steel. A lot of companies sell exhausts that are "full stainless piping" and they specifically say 'piping' because the flanges and welds aren't. Anyway, easy way to check :cool:

Jeremy

Lol :)... we're waiting on the prototype!

btw -- if you're ever wondering if a flange or something isn't stainless steel, get a magnet. It wont stick to stainless but it will stick to mild steel. A lot of companies sell exhausts that are "full stainless piping" and they specifically say 'piping' because the flanges and welds aren't. Anyway, easy way to check :cool:

Jeremy

Well not totally true. They could use 400 series stainless steel which IS magnetic :( . I'd specifically ask if the flanges are stainless. 300 series stainless ( which most stainless exhausts are) ISN'T magnetic as Jeremy has said.

Yeah, agree with everyone.....after a few weeks of wear, I have the same "whistle" coming outta my left muff also.......very strange, very annoy'n....

Subaru's gonna here from me on friday....to fix it, and a few other little things....

Same here... Whistling from the left and water dripping from the weld where the tip is welded on....

tHe HoV

Damn Sean! The Megan catback should be pretty nice, but you might want to have a doctor check that out!:lol:

What I need is some sound therapy from Megan Racing Institute for the hearing impaired....so u got the cure??!! :icon_bigg

(oh...and the "whistling from the left and WATER DRIPPING from the weld..."...is not acceptable, mmkay!)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Same here... Whistling from the left and water dripping from the weld where the tip is welded on....

My Bosal isn't whistling or dirpping water yet, but I had it on for just over a month. The right can is hanging lower than the left one though, and I fully join in the comments on POS welding quality and the inferior look in general. I have to give credit to the sound though -- it's exactly what I wanted. How long on average did it take you guys (those affected) to notice the whistling/dripping after you did the install?

Hey BOXRPWR are you sure it was rust near the weld at the tip? I was checking out the one on display at the local dealer and noticed some reddish-brown residue in the same spot as yours...but it wasn't rust, it was dried up polishing compound. I'll agree that the welds are pretty sorry looking (I remember my SPT/Bosal exhaust for my old RS had awesome welds, wonder why the difference) but my SPT and the one on display had flanges that appeared to be stainless (I'll try the magnet trick tomorrow). My exhast has been on for over a month (in humid, close to the beach Florida) with no signs of rust...

Wondering if you got a bastard exhaust :lol:

not sure if the brown crap was rust or caked up polishing compound...but it shouldn't be there whatever it is. And my flanges were clearly rusting. And one can leaked audibly when first started. And the mid-pipe had a dumbass 1" extension klugged onto it.

no excuses. it was crap. glad its gone and now I appreciate my Greddy that much more.

Yeah, finally got under the car.....no rust here, didn't have much of the polishing compound either (prob burnt off)......just blob welds, and a whistle'n left muffler.....I love the tone and sound of this exhuast, after hearing almost all of them out there.....this is by far my #1 on sound, and I get great performace from it.

I'm with Edmund on this one, I'm just gonna try and get my muffler replaced....:D

...and I get great performace from it.

Its interesting you mention this because BOXRPWR notes noticeably slower boost response with this exhaust.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Its interesting you mention this because BOXRPWR notes noticeably slower boost response with this exhaust.

Well of course, go'n from a Greddy 3'' wide open potato cannon to this you will see a loss.....go'n from the stocker to this you will obv see gains :icon_bigg

320whp is penty for me with these pipes....;)

I get great boost response myself:icon_bigg ! Almost too much, really....you just sneeze on the loud pedal and you have 5-7psi, and a.25-.5 second later I have 17-19psi!

If I had a freer flowing exhaust it would likely be even worse. Some setup's like a bit of backpressure other's(like Boxpwr's) don't:iam: Either way, both of these exhaust's have more than enough capacity to outflow the power most of us are putting through them anyway....

The old ride was the Perrin CBE........

:wub: mmmmmmmmmmm.... Perrin. Didn't sound extremely loud to me from the clips. Did you not go w/perrin again b/c of $$ savings?(subie bux, etc..)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived