LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT catback is NOT a quality build

BOXRPWR

^ no, sold the perrin mufflers to another member cuz they were hella loud for me......I popped on teh stock muffs...lost about 15hp too.....

I went with these cuz i've been look'n forever for a deep boxer enhancing sound that was tolarable for a 100 mile a day driver :D This is the perfect sound, for that IMHO

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Bosal fixes this. It seems like a nice sounding exhaust for those of us who don't want loud. Too bad the quality is an issue. Didn't some people have issues with the quality of the bosal up-pipe as well? I know the heatshield welds on the STI/Bosal up-pipe are always breaking loose.

Yeah, am looking for about the same situation noise wise. I only do a 40+ mile a day east and west on 195 but still I am in boost just about from start to finish 80 mph mostly. Thought about the Borla and am still thinking about it but have heard it may be "too quiet" and the SPT + scoobie bux idea sounded great but I think I might be a bit pissed off with whistling right off the bat!! Hope they fix it with the next run! Only time will tell.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Trust me the Borla exhaust is not "too quiet." That was the first aftermarket catback that I put on. I liked it alot.

I went with the Greddy EVO2 to compliment the DB20G turbo's higher flow.

Heard that Greddy is finally going to release the SP2 for the sedan in 2 months.

Trust me the Borla exhaust is not "too quiet." That was the first aftermarket catback that I put on. I liked it alot.

I went with the Greddy EVO2 to compliment the DB20G turbo's higher flow.

Heard that Greddy is finally going to release the SP2 for the sedan in 2 months.

I called GReddy (NJ office) on Wed. I asked them about the SP2 for the sedan and they told me there were no plans for it :iam: . How does the borla compare to the SPT in sound since you've had both?

It was Dave @ mspt (vendor) who told me that Greddy told him the sedan SP2 would be out in "a couple months."

I never had an SP2. I have a EVO2. I've heard the SP2 several times on SnoDork's LGT wagon. Its sounds very, very nice. Not too quite. Not too loud. Very nice boxer burble. I would recommend it.

The Borla probably sounds a lot like the SP2. The material & construction of the Greddy is superior to the Borla. But the Borla is plenty fine for its price point. Its head & shoulders above the Bosal P.O.S.

I still remember when practically everyone on this forum was putting the Bosal/SPT catback on the magnifying glass, feeling that the quality and fitment was gonna be perfect because of Bosal and Subaru's getting together to make something...along with Bosal's history of great products...also a bunch of people wanted to use their hard-earned Subaru Bucks to buy it...wow...remember then? :D...the internet is great!
In Taiwan now...:spin:

how come Mike from Bosal hasn't made any statements on this? :iam:

I'm kinda hope he chimes in as well. I have one on order from batch 2 ($500 Subie bucks deposited already) which is due in this week. I had mulitple PM's w/ Mike because I have a wagon and need to modify the tips. He even emailed me pics of a wagon with modified tips so I had something to go on.

I'm quite concerned because since I need to mod the tips, if I have a problem, I probably can't return them and I'll be SOL. He isn't accepting PM's anymore (doesn't look good), but I did email him yesterday so I hope for a response before the week is out.

Mike, please chime in. The longer you wait, the more it looks like you're not taking ownership of a reported problem. We trusted you and Bosal. Please back-up that trust.

I still love the sound of my Bosal...and regardless of whatever initial quality concerns it's still a factory warrantied part...that I can get replaced for free when any improved versions arrive... :D

I still love the sound of my Bosal...and regardless of whatever initial quality concerns it's still a factory warrantied part...that I can get replaced for free when any improved versions arrive... :D

ask edmundu how well that's working out for him. he's been asking for a replacement left can for weeks. So out of 25 units made at least 4 or 5 are having issues. That's a 20% failure rate. :eek:

keep all the packaging handy.....

:lol: I never really asked you about this... did you have a hard time finish that box out of the dumpster? Like, did you have to.. ah-hem.. climb in?

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

That is likely true only if the Bosal CBE malfunctions (e.g., starts to whistle/leak), assuming that the waranty does not expire when it happens. But I seriously doubt that we can get the exhaust replaced based on the "ugly weldings" and rust complains, even if some future batch of the Bosals will have a state-of-the-art welding job.

isn't accepting pms? I can't find myrat as a member anymore!

mryat, not myrat

Like I said, I have his email and have emailed him. I'm sure he will respond before too long.

ask edmundu how well that's working out for him. he's been asking for a replacement left can for weeks. So out of 25 units made at least 4 or 5 are having issues. That's a 20% failure rate. :eek:

I spoke with my SOA rep today, 65 more units are on the way. The SPT engineer overseeing the Legacy exhaust has only heard of one concern so far and that unit is supposed to be sent to him for evaluation shortly (probably BOXRPWR's).

The SPT engineer overseeing the Legacy exhaust has only heard of one concern so far and that unit is supposed to be sent to him for evaluation shortly (probably BOXRPWR's).

If you have a problem with a product and you don't report it... how is the company producing it supposed to know. There are so many ways a product can go wrong down the production line especially if it is mass produced, and also if a company contracts the production to another company!

If you have problems with your products, report it and return it and don't just deal with it and complain that you got a crappy product. If you keep it, obviously you are satisfied with the way it was made.

I truly do hope that SPT takes this matter seriously. Personally, I'm soured on Bosal period. I understand those owners that enjoy the look and the subtle, muted voice. Like I said earlier, the business end does look perty but everything else is just too crappy.

My exhaust was picked up today by DHL returned to Dave @ mspt. I want to applaud Dave's attitude and willingness to accept a return and full refund. Dave's an upstanding guy.

Archived