LegacyGT.com

Bosal/SPT catback is NOT a quality build

BOXRPWR

I have to agree about the little dent(s) on the tips. I have the same thing. I also noticed the unattractiveness of the welds. Oh well. No whistle yet though.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pipes look MIG welded and ground down for smoothness. The cans are TIG welded, but do look like sh!t. SS is pretty simple to weld on, if it was aluminum I could see how someone with minimal experience would have difficulty, but some of the blobs are poor. Looks like they used half a stick of filler and just packed it in. :lol:

Sorry to hear!

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

When looking at the exhaust as a whole, it looks like an exhaust that you wouldn't mind purchasing for say... 500-600, but not for the 8xx they want for it. Simply unacceptable.
That's ridiculous. The only "cheap" exhaust I ever bought was a Pacesetter for a prior car...that POS was justified by its price (under 200 shipped I believe). For $500 I expect something quality like APEXi, Greddy, Tanabe, etc.

i felt the same way after seeing pictures of peoples bosal exhausts. The welds and pipes just dont seem very clean considering how much you are paying for it. For example, scans perrin exhaust pictures look mint and shiny w/ perfect welds, bosal looks cheap and rushed.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

That's ridiculous. The only "cheap" exhaust I ever bought was a Pacesetter for a prior car...that POS was justified by its price (under 200 shipped I believe). For $500 I expect something quality like APEXi, Greddy, Tanabe, etc.

Well, you are right, maybe I should state 4-500.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Hey Guys,

I just spoke with Mike at Bosal. He is working on a few of the issues.

The flanges are thick enough to outlast the car. I guess the parts are made in South Africa.

I know that this thread is already at the plant and they know there are some kinks to work out. Subaru of america keeps a close eve to this site.

This means they know of the growing culture and what we expect and want.

This will be a great tool for future product development with all the things we would like to see.

I think most people on this board expect to much. You guys want to buy your new cars at a price point where the dealers lose money. You expect everything to be perfect everytime. If your car breaks down it is the end of the world. Before your make assumptions get all the facts first. Point later then sooner.

Just my 2 cents

I think most people on this board expect to much. You guys want to buy your new cars at a price point where the dealers lose money. You expect everything to be perfect everytime. If your car breaks down it is the end of the world. Before your make assumptions get all the facts first. Point later then sooner.

I expect nothing less on these boards... :D

geddyup--I don't know...but fitment issues, that I can understand, but out-of-the-box rusted and bad welding....please....(and for $850, I'd better be getting one of the best CATBACKS in the market...it's not small change, at least not for me).
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Flanges may be thick enough to outlast the car but it doesn't excuse the fact that they rust. At the very least coat the exhaust, paint it, whatever. Greddy's lesser offerings, for example, come coated to prevent rust. Doesn't mean they won't rust, it just means they coat the parts to prevent it from happening. At least they try.

Although I agree that many people want a lot for a specific price point, this particular instance is not so.

The quality of this product is unacceptable at just about any price level.

I cannot think of a single person, including yourself and Mike at Bosal who would gladly pay $800+ to receive an exhaust of inferior quality like the one pictured on this thread. It is not even working according to its design! It leaks! from the FIRST second it was turned on!

At the very least the rusting issue. I don't care if the parts are made in planet Mars, the fact is these are all issues that should be considered in a product at this price point.

Had this unit been a bargain basement deal, then there are some issues that one might expect. However, that is not the case.

I don't understand your post. You mention "Before your make assumptions get all the facts first. Point later then sooner." What are the facts that we don't know of? Should we even care? As a customer, you simply care about the end product. If someone buys a product of inferior quality and can live with it simply because their buddy manufactured it, does it make it right? I personally don't care about the person and decided to sit down and weld the exhaust, or the project manager who decided rusty material was good enough for me.

In addition, the competition offers much better quality products at a lower or similar price point. For example, Perrin and GREDDY.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I can't get over it... (thinking that I almost got Bosal/SPT catback due to their reputation and nice pics that were posted in the first few threads...)

I can't remember ever buying a NEW aftermarket part that came RUSTED...:lol::confused::(

Must be very frustrating for you guys to get a huge box, open it up...and...WTF??!!! Hope all of you get this issue resolved!

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Well I wouldn't completely jump on the bandwagon to not buy Bosal. Come on guys... you have to give the manufacuter time to correct mistakes!! Something that is mass produced is bound to have certain problems with a few products. To my knowledge there have been a few complaints about quality but I haven't yet seen a post about someone returning a product and being denied a replacement or that they have experienced bad customer service in trying to get a better catback system. So how can a company better their products if no one is complaining to them that it sucks or that they recieved a bad one? How can they get a chance to correct a mistake if one hasn't been reported to them?

If they refuse or do not correctly correct mistakes then yes, go ahead and boycott their product, but don't do so without giving them a chance!

I'm really eyeing the SPT exhaust, but I'm not jumping on any bandwagon until Bosal/SPT has been given sufficient time to correct production mistakes.

Well I wouldn't completely jump on the band wagon Bosal no more. Come on guys... you have to give the manufacuter time to correct mistakes!! Something that is mass produced is bound to have certain problems with a few products.

If they refuse or do not correctly correct mistakes then yes, go ahead and boycott their product, but don't do so without giving them a chance!

I'm really eyeing the SPT exhaust, but I'm not jumping on any bandwagon until Bosal/SPT has been given sufficient time to correct production mistakes.

In all fairness.......they had 1.5 yrs to get it down pat. :lol:

I'm going to say a few things....

1. I'm returning the Bosal/SPT exhaust. I slapped myself straight after spending 48 hrs trying to convince myself that this condition is acceptable "for a while."

2. Anyone that would excuse this product is insane. There's no place for "getting it right after working out the kinks, etc." Shit, this exhaust was unveiled at a car show well over a year ago! Ain't that enough time to get it right!?

I spent last night cleaning up my Greddy EVO2 to ship to the guy that bought it (sorry GTSleeper). Now I'm going to return his money and put my well-built, high-quality, 100% stainless steel, visually beautiful exhaust back on. I must be fricken insane to accept otherwise.

By the way, I believe the EVO2 that I bought for my Legacy SEDAN was the very first one that Greddy made. They had only assigned the SEDAN part number the very day that I ordered it. And it looks goddamned perfect. It fits goddamned perfect. And it sounds goddamned perfect (if you like really loud).

Like it's been said, as long as the problems are corrected (Whistle'n right mufflers, Edmund's problem, and maybe a few more out there)

......at first I chalked my whistle to a poor install...and haven't had time to look back into......but I will soon, and really never got a good look at the exhuast as the dealer installed it cuz I had a ton of subie bucks...but I'll be under there soon with the camera

I've searched every exhaust near and far that is already out, this one although the quality isn't the utmost........for the price I got it, at the top of the list.....and I know Me running 311wph, and another 385whp they do their job great :D

Even though they had 1.5 years ;) the first run of any product is never top notch, it takes a few revisions to get it perfect.....maybe us "first batch" buyers can get a replacement, or some sorta %refund for futures fixes.......who knows. I'll talk to my dealer who I bought it through and start the PITA process of getting this corrected....but I'm not just gonna write it off quite yet..

By the way, I believe the EVO2 that I bought for my Legacy SEDAN was the very first one that Greddy made. They had only assigned the SEDAN part number the very day that I ordered it. And it looks goddamned perfect. It fits goddamned perfect. And it sounds goddamned perfect (if you like really loud).

So explain the need to change again??? :confused::lol:

Stromung FTW!!!!!!!

Archived