LegacyGT.com

Best subaru dealer in MA

digitalh3lix

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All well and good but when I emailed them it was all, "Come on down," without any pricing.

Every dealer I've ever emailed (or called for that matter) comes back with this response. Putting an email link on their website is just a scam. Most didn't bother writing personalized responses, just some stupid automatic reply. I almost want to email Planet to see if they break the stereotype.

Every dealer I've ever emailed (or called for that matter) comes back with this response. Putting an email link on their website is just a scam. Most didn't bother writing personalized responses, just some stupid automatic reply. I almost want to email Planet to see if they break the stereotype.

At Manchester, you often hear back from the owner, although he doesn't identify himself as such. Todd. If you visit Manchester, Michael C. is on this board and has a nice LGT.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I email them saying i dont have a car to get there.

give me a price or i'm going somewhere else (not in those exact words)

Car's running great, the only problem I had was a leaky coolant hose by the turbo and a short in one of the fog lights but that's all been taken care of... I heard someone blew my Rex up after I traded it in and they had to sell it wholesale. Tranny or something like that. I kinda miss that car now :( but I'm still happy with this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Warlordzpb/Avatar4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Warlordzpb/IMGP6622.jpg

Yeah they wouldn't sell me the black one lol... I haven't done anything to the GT yet cause my funds are kind of low right now but I plan on doing just little things to it right now like the grill and short shifter. I kept my wheels but one is cracked so I need to find a place to fix it seeing as they were discontinued and I can't find another one. Also, I still have my carputer but I'm still trying to come up with a gameplan to install the screen. I have the Mechatroniks housing from the WRX and I need to learn to do some fiberglass work... After that, I need to figure out some brackets to hold it in place.

• 2 weeks later...
^^^ Highly recomend Long (Tri state) Subaru in Webster, nothing but top notch service from them AFAIC.

I wouldn't recommend them if they were the last dealership on the planet!!! they cant even change the oil right...they broke the crush pin seal and I was leaking oil all over....and their service techs are some of the most incompetent people I've ever met...I switched to patrick subaru in shrewsbury...and I'm VERY pleased with my decision. I've been having trouble with antifreeze smell...so the tech at long subaru says "No I can't smell anything I have an excellent sense of smell and I don't smell anything"....the manager comes out..."oh yes I can clearly smell this"....WTF....

Long subaru made me feel like I was making my issues up with my car...I will NEVER go back to that dealership ever again....

I've been having trouble with antifreeze smell...so the tech at long subaru says "No I can't smell anything I have an excellent sense of smell and I don't smell anything"....the manager comes out..."oh yes I can clearly smell this"....WTF....

Long subaru made me feel like I was making my issues up with my car...I will NEVER go back to that dealership ever again....

The antifreeze smell didn't happen to come from a loose clamp near the turbo, did it?

another +1 for Planet Subaru.

Unlike a prior poster's comment I found Mike Connelly at Planet very willing to email or to talk about prices - unlike the dealer (Quirk in Quincy) who refused to talk prices despite three visits and who just wanted/expected me to come in last so he could match the price (I never went back).

I think I got a great deal on exactly the Outback I wanted.

I am not sure what other dealers offer but contributing factors were the free lifetime battery and tire replacements, including labor (that was before I learned how bad the 92A's are - I wonder if they'll let me pick something else) and the free lunar (loaner) cars whenever I go in for service (including oil changes). Also included at no cost is a 10 year, 150,000 mile limited powertrain.

got my car at metrowest in natick. They were alright, maybe a little pushy.

Been happy with their service, though.

The other day I went to Planet in Hanover, and I've gotta say that I liked them even better. Not only was their service friendly and quick, but the service guys were happy to talk about changes to the car.

Their sales department was happy to accomodate me as well. I test-drove a tribeca for my folks (it was a pretty extended test-drive), and then they let me take out an 08 wrx, even after I told them up front it was only because I was curious about how they drove.

Well, he didn't talk me into an added cost warranty. In fact actually the dealer approach was that they thought I would not want them, but were obligated to offer them. It was very low key - which I liked very much.

Anyway, as for the free lifetime tires, does anyone know if others are available to replace the 92A's? I read in another post that some Subaru's my come with Yoko's. What model? Are they any good? Would they come within the Planet passport program?

I guess I have pretty much decided I am not going to the expense of getting a set of snows, so I will be looking to replace the 92A's with some good all seasons.

another +1 for Planet Subaru.

Unlike a prior poster's comment I found Mike Connelly at Planet very willing to email or to talk about prices - unlike the dealer (Quirk) one mile from my home in Quincy who refused to talk prices despite three visits and who just wanted/expected me to come in last so he could match the price (I never went back).

I think I got a great deal on exactly the Outback I wanted.

I am not sure what other dealers offer but contributing factors were the free lifetime battery and tire replacements, including labor (that was before I learned how bad the 92A's are - I wonder if they'll let me pick something else) and the free lunar (loaner) cars whenever I go in for service (including oil changes). Also included at no cost is a 10 year, 150,000 mile limited powertrain.

Chester? Whats up man, I actually saw your car going down Route 3 a couple weeks ago. Hows everything going?

They only offer that because they know Mike will talk you into Stage II and throwing the warranty away ;)

Hey Rudy, my GT is in for a THRID clutch, right now. Looks as if stage 2 and factory clutch really don't mix very well...

Still shopping for a BMW?

Hey Rudy, my GT is in for a THRID clutch, right now. Looks as if stage 2 and factory clutch really don't mix very well...

Still shopping for a BMW?

The lesson here is that when a factory clutch goes out, it's not a bad thing, it's an excuse to upgrade!

And no, with the Accessport finally coming out this month I'm thinking the TMIC + DP will safely put the car where I want power wise. Around 250 at the wheels is sufficient for a daily driver. I just need enough to make sure that soccer-mom in an Accord V6 can't press down on the throttle while talking on the phone + putting on makeup and pull on the Legacy. That, and the price on the 135 w/ the two option packages I needed (sport + cold weather) was steeper than I'd like given they seem to be holding firm to MSRP on ordered cars. European delivery actually would be the best way to buy the car price wise, but that's more time and effort than I'm willing to put forth.

I am, however, potentially looking for a Buick Grand National. I need to double check, but if the One Lap rules allow for any car 20+ years or older to run in the 'vintage' class, I'd totally rock a black - '87 GN.

The other race I'm interested in doing is the next 24 Hours of Le'mons. All you need is like a $500 beater + roll cage installed + working brakes and such and you're good to go. Planet should sponsor that, you'd get a lot of marketing mileage out of it!

The lesson here is that when a factory clutch goes out, it's not a bad thing, it's an excuse to upgrade!

And no, with the Accessport finally coming out this month I'm thinking the TMIC + DP will safely put the car where I want power wise. Around 250 at the wheels is sufficient for a daily driver. I just need enough to make sure that soccer-mom in an Accord V6 can't press down on the throttle while talking on the phone + putting on makeup and pull on the Legacy. That, and the price on the 135 w/ the two option packages I needed (sport + cold weather) was steeper than I'd like given they seem to be holding firm to MSRP on ordered cars. European delivery actually would be the best way to buy the car price wise, but that's more time and effort than I'm willing to put forth.

Did you go to the Autoshow? That 1 series, Black on Red, soooo hot looking, but I agree with you on the price thing, its a lot of money for such a small car

Did you go to the Autoshow? That 1 series, Black on Red, soooo hot looking, but I agree with you on the price thing, its a lot of money for such a small car

I've only driven a Vishnu'd 335i - and I walked away feeling like that car was fast. Felt like something that could trap 110+. I can only imagine what that same engine/tune in a slightly lighter (I think 200lbs or so) and smaller footprint car like the 135 would be like. But again, by the time you add 2, what I would consider 'necessary' option packages, you're bumping up on the prices of the larger/better value 335.

• 5 months later...
Subaru Of Nashua, just got a 08 2.5i Impreza and a 08 LGT from there. Great customer service and overall excellent experience there. The sales person Xan Peterson and the Finance guru Jefferey are great people to deal with :)

Archived