LegacyGT.com

Best subaru dealer in MA

digitalh3lix

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have actually had poor service experiences at Long Subaru in Webster...Continual rattling coming from behind drivers side vent, and every time they work on it, they A) work on a different area of the dash, even though I keep telling them EXACTLY WHERE IT IS, and B) always assure me they found the rattle and fixed it...yet, as soon as I hit Joe Jenny Rd. on my way home, here comes the rattle! Any suggestions? Speak to Service Mgr.? I tried Patrick Service, they actually found & fixed the rattle, but 1000 miles later its returning oh-so-subtly...
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Have actually had poor service experiences at Long Subaru in Webster...Continual rattling coming from behind drivers side vent, and every time they work on it, they A) work on a different area of the dash, even though I keep telling them EXACTLY WHERE IT IS, and B) always assure me they found the rattle and fixed it...yet, as soon as I hit Joe Jenny Rd. on my way home, here comes the rattle! Any suggestions? Speak to Service Mgr.? I tried Patrick Service, they actually found & fixed the rattle, but 1000 miles later its returning oh-so-subtly...

I am actually heading to Long in about 30minutes for my free service + warranty service. I have rattling noise coming from the back desk when the weather is very cold but after 15~20min of driving it goes away... I'll let you know when I get back later today.

Planet has treated me great! The sales and warranty work has been completed flawlessly!

I would have considered them, but they would not quote a firm price via email or phone - they wanted me to come in.

The guys at North End were very responsive to an inquiry I made about a used car. Offered it at a very fair price up front and answered questions intelligently.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Long look into the problem I have but could not reproduce it because I told them only when the temperature is very very cold and after 10~15 minutes of driving the noise goes away. Guess I'll have to leave the car there next time or just get use to the noise.

I'll try to make a long story short.

When my ex-husband was looking for a new car a few months ago, we went to Patrick Subaru in Shrewsbury. At the time, the ex was looking for an Impreza WRX wagon. While we were test-driving one, the daycare called with an emergency and said we had to pick the kids up as soon as possible (we were about an hour away). We told the salesguy (Mike? Russian guy..) we had to go but would be back to test drive a different one. He insisted we talk to his manager before we left. We said we really had to go, but we'd come back. He said "But you can't just leave!" Ex and I looked at each other in disbelief, looked back at him and said simultaneously, "Um, yeah we can!" Salesguy actually said, "Come on, you just wasted 20 minutes of my time, you can give me 2 minutes." At that point ex told him pointedly to have a nice day and we left and didn't come back; but ex did call the dealership and give the sales manager an earful about his asshole employee.

Ex wound up buying an '05 LGT Limited sedan from Clay Subaru in Norwood. I just bought my '05 LGT Limited wagon from them as well. Had a great experience, the salesguy (Tony) did everything he said he would do, and they fixed an issue with my security light the next day no problem.

I was just thinking today when I was out near Shrewsbury that I should stop by Patrick Subaru, point to my car, and say, "That's the SECOND Legacy you guys didn't sell us because your sales guy is an ass." :D

-Coelli

PLANET BY AND FAR! Got the lease rate I wanted, Jeff (forum member) was great to do business with, and Planet not only employs a lot of Subie enthusiasts, but they are just very down to earth and really work with you to get what you want at the price you want.

Many LGT owners - as aforementioned - work there. That's always a good sign ;)

NH info:

My WRX is from Manchester Subaru (Manchester, NH - Ray Walsh was my dealer) - great experience.

My Father's OBXT is from Belknap Subaru (Belmont, NH) - excellent experience and great service.

MA info:

Since I live in Mass primarily I go to Clay Subaru in Norwood on rt 1. They are great. Excellent service, nice dealers (they always gawk over my WRX when I get service).

Guys- we're all on the internet. Use it. I got dropped into New Hampshire looking for the LGT I'd been dreaming of for months. I knew what I was looking for, so I went to the factory web site, "built" it and clicked on "send me a quote." I got a bunch of calls from losers telling me that they had a variety of cars and I should come in. Tri City, AMD and Manchester called back with quotes. Manchester was lowest, so I called the other guys and told them that "someone else" had offered me $x. Both salesmen got indignant and insisted that nobody could sell me that car for so little. I called Manchester and put a deposit down over the phone.

I clicked "send me a quote" on Wednesday evening, made my phone calls on Thursday afternoon and put money on it on Friday. I had to be in Manchester on Monday anyway, so it wasn't an extra trip or anything. All three stores treated me with basic respect by not bullshitting me. Manchester offered the best deal, even though they had to get the car from Tri City. That counts against Tri City, in my book.

The first thing I did when I got home was remove the dealer sticker (and the "2.5 GT"), so I feel that I owe them a public mention.

Service? AMD swapped out my low beams under warranty but refused to do the seatbelt chime and DRL fixes because they're "safety features." I would have paid an hour's labor for them and smiled, instead I read about them here and did them myself in 10 minutes. I had a lot to say about that on the survey that SOA sent me.

I bought my car at TriCity - even though Planet Subaru is only a mile from my house. Tri-City had the only 5-spd within 100 miles of Boston. Planet Subaru was giving me a pretty bad number for my M3. Tri City was very no nonsense about the M3 and basically said yes over the phone. Good experience - nice people.

In Planet Subaru's defense, they called a day later and said they found a buyer for the M3 and could deal afterall. Too late at that point though. Now I drive by Planet every day in my Black LGT and see the White LGT I would have owned had I waited a day. :lol: Oh well!

NH info:

My WRX is from Manchester Subaru (Manchester, NH - Ray Walsh was my dealer) - great experience.

Ray Walsh was promoted to Sales Manager.

Michael Chrisstoffels is an LGT-owning salesperson there who is active on this board.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

That's impressive about Tri City. When I was buying there was only one silver 5MT wagon in the state and they had it. Back then I thought it was just a matter of options and color- I didn't know it was the manual that was rare. Either there are some flukes of availability here, or Tri City makes good stocking decisions. If I'd known that I would have just gotten it from them.

• 2 weeks later...

First things first, I'm a new owner. I love the car ('07 2.5i SE, 5MT), and I'm glad to see that Legacy's have as good an online forum as my last car (SVT Contour). I also figured I'd chime in here with my disgust for the dealership I had the misfortune of dealing with, since it's so close to the MA border.

Avoid dealing with CARLA SUBARU in Pawtucket!!! There has to be a less stressful option out there.

Short list of frustrations:

1. The 16 year old salesman never said hello to my wife, and then asked me if she wanted to drive the car during the test drive. She has ears too, you can ask her. Then he tried to push me into a GT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one, just wouldn't want to pay for it. Kudos for trying.

2. That same salesman proceeded to tell us how he was looking for a new car because he had just totalled his car on 95 while driving drunk--well, actually he claims he was just tired, he'd only had like 6 or 7 beers...

3. Carla, the owner, who everyone has to make a deal thru, speaks to everyone like they are 5 years old, telling me working with my numbers was like "fitting a star shaped peg into a square hole," miraculously she eventually made them work... Go figure.

4. I followed the rule of pretending to be clueless and seeing how much crap they tell you. Among the things they told me--a dent in my trade-ins rear fender would be $2000 to bang out and repaint, yet when that same fender was repaired with the front fender and replacement of both door skins, rocker pannel, and a rim, after being hit, the whole thing was $2300.

5. After I ended up buying a car from them on a Saturday, they called me at work the following Thursday and said that they needed me to fill out a credit application. You let someone leave your dealership with a $20,000 car without checking thier credit?!?

6. After signing I got the "You know, this deal really doesn't make much sense for us." What, do you expect me to feel bad and give you a few hundred $$ more? It made sense for me, that's why I signed!

I find it funny that every bad dealership stereotype is in full force down there in Pawtucket. I did regretfully buy the car from them after I tried getting up and leaving 4 times because they eventually got me the deal I wanted. If I took their first offer, I would have ended up paying $5500 more than I did after financing, etc... I don't regret buying the car, just buying it from them. Now I need to find a new dealership for service. Anyone tried Anchor?

First things first, I'm a new owner. I love the car ('07 2.5i SE, 5MT), and I'm glad to see that Legacy's have as good an online forum as my last car (SVT Contour). I also figured I'd chime in here with my disgust for the dealership I had the misfortune of dealing with, since it's so close to the MA border.

Avoid dealing with CARLA SUBARU in Pawtucket!!! There has to be a less stressful option out there.

Short list of frustrations:

1. The 16 year old salesman never said hello to my wife, and then asked me if she wanted to drive the car during the test drive. She has ears too, you can ask her. Then he tried to push me into a GT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one, just wouldn't want to pay for it. Kudos for trying.

2. That same salesman proceeded to tell us how he was looking for a new car because he had just totalled his car on 95 while driving drunk--well, actually he claims he was just tired, he'd only had like 6 or 7 beers...

3. Carla, the owner, who everyone has to make a deal thru, speaks to everyone like they are 5 years old, telling me working with my numbers was like "fitting a star shaped peg into a square hole," miraculously she eventually made them work... Go figure.

4. I followed the rule of pretending to be clueless and seeing how much crap they tell you. Among the things they told me--a dent in my trade-ins rear fender would be $2000 to bang out and repaint, yet when that same fender was repaired with the front fender and replacement of both door skins, rocker pannel, and a rim, after being hit, the whole thing was $2300.

5. After I ended up buying a car from them on a Saturday, they called me at work the following Thursday and said that they needed me to fill out a credit application. You let someone leave your dealership with a $20,000 car without checking thier credit?!?

6. After signing I got the "You know, this deal really doesn't make much sense for us." What, do you expect me to feel bad and give you a few hundred $$ more? It made sense for me, that's why I signed!

I find it funny that every bad dealership stereotype is in full force down there in Pawtucket. I did regretfully buy the car from them after I tried getting up and leaving 4 times because they eventually got me the deal I wanted. If I took their first offer, I would have ended up paying $5500 more than I did after financing, etc... I don't regret buying the car, just buying it from them. Now I need to find a new dealership for service. Anyone tried Anchor?

Carla Subaru is more stupidity. I had to work the computer for the gay (honestly gay) guy at the parts counter. As for Anchor Subaru, I vowed to never bring any Subaru I own there. They are half ass and crocked. The President is a douche bag.

Carla Subaru Located In Ri (on Ma Border) Has The Best Prices Around. I Shopped All The Dealers Within 100 Miles. I Also Live In Boston And It Was Well Worth The Drive. I Paid Under Invoice. My Boyfriend Wanted A Sti But Only Wanted 2006 Black With Gold Wheels. They Went All The Way To Ny To Get It For Him. Trust Me.. They Are Worth Your Drive.

"renzi" I Don't Think It Is Right For You To Be Referring To Peoples Sexual Preference. That Is Not What This Website Is About. It Is Fine To Give Your "opinion" About A Dealership, But Please Spare Us Talking About Peoples Sexual Preferences (really That Is None Of Your Business And Has Nothing To Do With How A Dealership Conducts Business). It Is Not Right For You To Make Alligations About Something You Know Nothing About. I Purchased My Vehicle At Carla Subaru And Use There Service Dept. Next Time Stop Being Cheap And Buy A Car Where You Like The People.

Did anyone say being gay is wrong? All was noted was the guy was gay. If it was a hot chic I'm sure the hot chic would have been pointed out (which it was on the NASIOC thread, Carla is "doable"). Not by me becuase I never met her. :-D

Bought A Legacy At Carla Subaru Best Prices And Simple And Easy. They Sell Every Car Under Invoice So No Back And Forth. They Will Beat Any Price Just Bring Them Written Quote And If You Refer Anyone They Will Automatically Give You $50.

Subarurocks Don't You Know It's Really Bad Business Practice To Sign Up On A Forum Just To Shill Your Dealership? I Don't Think The People Here Are As Stupid As You Think We Are. If People On A Forum Are Talking Badly About Your Dealership, Fix The Problems Instead Of Making Up Fictitious Satisfied Customers. Notice That Several Other Dealerships Here Are Highly Recommended. If Yours Isn't, Read The Posts For The Reasons Why, Then Fix The Problems So People Post Nice Things About You.

And For God's Sake Please Learn Proper Capitalization After You Go Away And Crawl Back To Your Dealership. Have A Nice Day.

-Coelli

Bought A Legacy At Carla Subaru Best Prices And Simple And Easy. They Sell Every Car Under Invoice So No Back And Forth. They Will Beat Any Price Just Bring Them Written Quote And If You Refer Anyone They Will Automatically Give You $50.

Die, shill, die!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate car salesmen?

"renzi" I Don't Think It Is Right For You To Be Referring To Peoples Sexual Preference. That Is Not What This Website Is About. It Is Fine To Give Your "opinion" About A Dealership, But Please Spare Us Talking About Peoples Sexual Preferences (really That Is None Of Your Business And Has Nothing To Do With How A Dealership Conducts Business). It Is Not Right For You To Make Alligations About Something You Know Nothing About. I Purchased My Vehicle At Carla Subaru And Use There Service Dept. Next Time Stop Being Cheap And Buy A Car Where You Like The People.

FYI--if you actually read the post, you'll notice that I'm not the one that pointed out the gay thing. That was in response to my post, seeing as more than one person dislikes that dealership. You see, people can write things on this board and then others can respond however they chose. Thatis what this board is about. I don't give a care who likes who, or what anybody's sexual preference is. I simply said that the dealership was the most stressful experience in my life. I left with my first brand new car and was pissed off--that shouldn't happen. So next time read the posts before you comment on them and decide to talk down to people, but if you are from Carla, I know that's what your dealership is all about, starting at the top.

And by the way, let your salespeople know that when they leave with a car for a test drive, they should put a license plate on the car...

Archived