LegacyGT.com

Best subaru dealer in MA

digitalh3lix

Subarurocks Don't You Know It's Really Bad Business Practice To Sign Up On A Forum Just To Shill Your Dealership? I Don't Think The People Here Are As Stupid As You Think We Are. If People On A Forum Are Talking Badly About Your Dealership, Fix The Problems Instead Of Making Up Fictitious Satisfied Customers. Notice That Several Other Dealerships Here Are Highly Recommended. If Yours Isn't, Read The Posts For The Reasons Why, Then Fix The Problems So People Post Nice Things About You.

And For God's Sake Please Learn Proper Capitalization After You Go Away And Crawl Back To Your Dealership. Have A Nice Day.

-Coelli

LOL + like, one meeeeeeeelion

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a fellow LGT owner and board member I cant stand the salesman hatred generalization

Comeon, most suck. The good ones get a good rep, and over time the benefit from that.

But most salesmen suck ass. :icon_mad:

Bought A Legacy At Carla Subaru Best Prices And Simple And Easy. They Sell Every Car Under Invoice So No Back And Forth. They Will Beat Any Price Just Bring Them Written Quote And If You Refer Anyone They Will Automatically Give You $50.

Lets see, if you sell every car under invoice with no back-and-forth (contraverted by a customer above), why would you need to bring a Written Quote?

Capitalizing every word went out of favor in the 14th century or so. Did you go to Salve Regina? Brown? :lol: Fess up!

And what about this?

Hello,

I was wondering if you were a “modification” friendly dealership. Some places won’t even work on a car if you have changed out the downpipe and exhaust, and I was wondering what your stance is in this regard? I have a Sonic Yellow WRX wagon with a downpipe & aftermarket exhaust, as well as a EcuTEK computer chip that increases boost by a couple of PSI. The car has 31,000 miles and is still under warranty, and I was wondering what your policy is.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 9:06 AM

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: SERVICE INQUIRY

Hello,

just wanted to write back to answer your questions. We here at Carla Subaru would be happy to work on your vehicle. However due to the modifications you have done to your car, your factory warranty is void. After speaking with my service manager we have agreed not to flag your car with Subaru as having modifications, however we can not perform warranty work. we look forward to hearing from you and have a happy new year!

Jen

service advisor

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Die, shill, die!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate car salesmen?

Did I stutter?

Your typing style seems to have radically changed. I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wasn't you earlier, but your no-good boyfriend, brother, what-the-hell ever who works at Carla Subaru and used your computer to post here. Read farther back. Then come back and tell us what you threw at him.

As a fellow LGT owner and board member I cant stand the salesman hatred generalization

"As a car calesman, I cant stand the salesman hatred generalization."

I second that one

"Ditto."

The ones where I work are surprisingly solid. As a class, though, I hate them. I used to work at a dealer that was really just a hall of fame for sleazy salesmen. I couldn't tell people where I worked because of the reactions I'd get.

Because your list would have this:

Bought A Legacy At Carla Subaru Best Prices And Simple And Easy. They Sell Every Car Under Invoice So No Back And Forth. They Will Beat Any Price Just Bring Them Written Quote And If You Refer Anyone They Will Automatically Give You $50.

The banter is how you decide how much to depend on any recommendation. It's a discussion board, not the yellow pages.

Because your list would have this:

The banter is how you decide how much to depend on any recommendation. It's a discussion board, not the yellow pages.

All that says is its a good dealership and u can get a discount.

The banter is fine, but just make the 1st post a list so people can get fast information:

Good Dealers in MA

xxxxx Subaru - yyyy, MA (mention xxxx get $50 off)

yyyy Subaru - yyyyy, MA

zzzzz Subaru - yyyy, MA (Sales Only)

aaaa Subaru - yyyy, MA (Service Only)

All that says is its a good dealership and u can get a discount.

What it is is a shill. Go back to the beginning and read. It's worth the time because a list doesn't give you the information you really need. If you can't waste the time to read a few posts comparing dealers, just go to the nearest one and pay whatever they want- driving farther would waste more time than reading this thread.

This gets even better. Now we can add, "Carla Subaru makes veiled threats against people who call them out as shills." :)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16639771&postcount=23

Coelli-

Are you kidding me…. Don’t you have anything better to do than to follow and track my threads? Think I am whoever you want I really don’t care what some girl with Hello Kitty plastered on the back of her car thinks. I gave my opinion of the dealership where I purchased my vehicle and received good service so maybe it could help others. By the way, if I was Carla from the dealership then how come I know who you are from my boyfriend’s friends who race (remember I live in Boston and you should know better than anyone.. everyone knows everyone from these things) Hope I don’t meet you outside of this forum! Ha you make me laugh… Don’t bother responding I am over wasting my time talking to you!

This is awesome. It's like high school all over again. :)

-Coelli

I bought mine from Subaru of Nashua (actually in Hudson NH) and overall they've been very good. The only real problem has been I've had to go back multiple times for both the cruise control issue and the radiator fan issue.

That said, I think the multiple visits are more Subaru's fault than the dealer's. Plus, the people there are nice and the mechanics don't break anything else in the process (more than I can say for the Audi dealers I've dealt with) and don't treat me like an idiot.

Also, the sales experience was quite good. They gave me a good price without a lot of BS, located the car I wanted and didn't try to push financing on me (I paid cash). I'd go back.

This gets even better. Now we can add, "Carla Subaru makes veiled threats against people who call them out as shills." :)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16639771&postcount=23

This is awesome. It's like high school all over again. :)

-Coelli

Theres some wierd stuff going on in that thread. She probably thought Legacy owners wouldnt be looking at an Impreza board. :lol: She was mistaken. :icon_bigg

I bought mine from Subaru of Nashua (actually in Hudson NH) and overall they've been very good. The only real problem has been I've had to go back multiple times for both the cruise control issue and the radiator fan issue.

That said, I think the multiple visits are more Subaru's fault than the dealer's. Plus, the people there are nice and the mechanics don't break anything else in the process (more than I can say for the Audi dealers I've dealt with) and don't treat me like an idiot.

Also, the sales experience was quite good. They gave me a good price without a lot of BS, located the car I wanted and didn't try to push financing on me (I paid cash). I'd go back.

I've been servicing my car there, a 15k mi service and one oil change, usually do it myself but take the car in for major services and to ocasionally have a professional look it over for general stuff. Anyway I find Subaru of Nashua to have a pretty nice service dept, I like the service advisors, the techs seem competant and overall I feel like I can trust them. They seem level headed but not encouraging about car mods.

So I would say I recommend SON, but have never tried Planet. I'm tempted but not sure I'm motivated to go there unless I have probs with Nashua.

"As a car calesman, I cant stand the salesman hatred generalization."

"Ditto."

The ones where I work are surprisingly solid. As a class, though, I hate them. I used to work at a dealer that was really just a hall of fame for sleazy salesmen. I couldn't tell people where I worked because of the reactions I'd get.

What dealer are you from? Manchester? Ed Rielly? I'v met a bunch of good people from both

First things first, I'm a new owner. I love the car ('07 2.5i SE, 5MT), and I'm glad to see that Legacy's have as good an online forum as my last car (SVT Contour). I also figured I'd chime in here with my disgust for the dealership I had the misfortune of dealing with, since it's so close to the MA border.

Avoid dealing with CARLA SUBARU in Pawtucket!!! There has to be a less stressful option out there.

Short list of frustrations:

1. The 16 year old salesman never said hello to my wife, and then asked me if she wanted to drive the car during the test drive. She has ears too, you can ask her. Then he tried to push me into a GT. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one, just wouldn't want to pay for it. Kudos for trying.

2. That same salesman proceeded to tell us how he was looking for a new car because he had just totalled his car on 95 while driving drunk--well, actually he claims he was just tired, he'd only had like 6 or 7 beers...

3. Carla, the owner, who everyone has to make a deal thru, speaks to everyone like they are 5 years old, telling me working with my numbers was like "fitting a star shaped peg into a square hole," miraculously she eventually made them work... Go figure.

4. I followed the rule of pretending to be clueless and seeing how much crap they tell you. Among the things they told me--a dent in my trade-ins rear fender would be $2000 to bang out and repaint, yet when that same fender was repaired with the front fender and replacement of both door skins, rocker pannel, and a rim, after being hit, the whole thing was $2300.

5. After I ended up buying a car from them on a Saturday, they called me at work the following Thursday and said that they needed me to fill out a credit application. You let someone leave your dealership with a $20,000 car without checking thier credit?!?

6. After signing I got the "You know, this deal really doesn't make much sense for us." What, do you expect me to feel bad and give you a few hundred $$ more? It made sense for me, that's why I signed!

I find it funny that every bad dealership stereotype is in full force down there in Pawtucket. I did regretfully buy the car from them after I tried getting up and leaving 4 times because they eventually got me the deal I wanted. If I took their first offer, I would have ended up paying $5500 more than I did after financing, etc... I don't regret buying the car, just buying it from them. Now I need to find a new dealership for service. Anyone tried Anchor?

I had the same sales kid...funny. Had almost the same miserable experience you had. Trashed them on the Subaru survey I got in the mail. Carla called personally to appologize, offered to wash my car. Big deal. Can't undo what was done. I will never go there again.

Archived