LegacyGT.com

Love thy neighbor...

The following is an account of the events on Sunday 8th January 2005.

At 3:30 PM – the undersigned Bogdan Catalin – went to my car: black 2005 Subaru Legacy GT license plate Illinois- XXXXXX which was parked legally in the residential area # XXX for which I have a parking sticker. The car was parked in front of the XXXX house on North XXXXXX ave, Chicago.

I noticed immediately that another car – a old model Toyota Camry (beige) license plates Illinois-B724337 was parked hitting my rear bumper. There was enough space for another driver to park behind me and there were plenty of other parking spaces on the street. I immediately took pictures of the accident and I tried to get in touch with the driver. While waiting for the driver, I noticed that the Toyota Camry lincence plate Illinois - B724337 had no zone # XXX parking permit and displayed numerous other signs of careless driving: bent fenders, front plates, scratched rear bumper.

After about 20 minutes two women came out of the house at XXXX N XXXX very aggressively, frustrated and asked me what is going on. I calmly explained that while parking she hit my car …and she left it like that, that I have pictures (evidence) and that I would like to exchange insurance information in order to get my car fixed. They denied any responsibility and quickly moved the car into the courtyard of the XXXXX N XXXXhouse. The women entered the house and refused further contact. I took pictures of my bumper which clearly shows signs of contact: white scratch and at least 2 circle-shaped dents made by the license plate mounting screws on the Toyota Camry car.

I am pissed. Woman is a neighbor...I've parked there for 6 years, never even spoke to her....Now THIS. Anyways...I got plenty of pictures and a police report that is clearly marked HIT AND RUN ...since she moved the car from the street into her courtyard. I am VERY pissed.

I have since washed my bumper and there are 3 dents and the scratch is the size of a finger nail (thumb) and presents itself as a small cavity inside the bumper.

Any NORMAL human...has some self defense mechanism. You do something wrong...if you have the balls...you face the consequences...or else you hide the misdeed. In her case...she could have moved the car back 20 cm or completely in another spot... or simply parked in her yard-alley, and life would have gone on. I would have had a dent in the bumper and would have noticed it when I washed my car. Yet I come to the car that Sunday PM and I see her car humping mine. What am I supposed to do ? What am I supposed to do when 2 screaming bitches come out of the house and blame me that I crashed into her front bumper (I was actually parked the hole day). And then she removes the car from the place of the accident and goes into the house...screaming that I should not touch her and that I am illegally parked. ( Errr I was...and I am a resident in area XXX UNLIKE her). I think she is some type of neighbor...living with a friend that legally resides there. Anyways...her driver license shows a different address than that of the accident (according to police report).

Anyways...my insurancxe...her insurance...car is gonna get fixed.

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0012%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0015%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0025%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0026%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0051%20%28Small%29.JPG

http://www2.uic.edu/~bcatal1/etcetera/subaru/DSCF0057%20%28Small%29.JPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that bites, sorry to hear about that. a similar thing happened to me, same damage, only i was sitting in the car. she still tried to deny it. still irritates me.

you def. did the right thing with the photos, police report, etc. good luck.

Sorry to see that.

Some people are real idiots.

BTW, I see from the pictures the houses are without garages... hence the parking situation. And yet, because those homes are in Chicago, I'll bet they are 3 times more expensive to own than my house with a garage in Oklahoma.

Your average Chicago House is 300,000 for something in a decent area. One of my few Subaru-driving neighbors sold the house about a year ago for 385,000 $$$ (single story, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 living, kitchen, 1 car garage, some backyard). The house opposite to the place where this accident happened.

Actually there is NO shortage of parking spaces in my neighborhood...and most houses have garages...For weeks at a time...in that stretch of street where I park the car...I am just one of 3 cars that park there...me...on that side...and 2 other cars on the other side of this one way street...which is wide enough to be a regular 2-way street with parking on both sides. That makes me even more furious.

*tag*

Like another member has posted, it is quite impressive that you didn't lose your cool. I can't say that too many people would've been able to do the same if they were in your shoes.

Nevertheless, you did the right thing and it seems that you didn't escalate the situation any further than needed.

I'm curious to hear/read about the outcome.

She looks ugly as sin, so stay safe.

-Jim

if you would have just left that thick layer of scuz that surrounds your entire car alone, the damage wouldn't even be noticeable

btw, which one is the camry?

Man i almost spit my soda on my monitor..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

She's lucky that wasn't my car... <Incriminating comments here :icon_evil>

Sorry man, major suckage. Had almost the same exact thing happen to me, except it was some stranger. <More incriminating comments here>. I felt slightly better after that :lol:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived