LegacyGT.com

Love thy neighbor...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do NOT have her insurance info. Cause she refused to deal with me...As I said, she csreamed, yelled while moving her car into the courtyard. Then went into the house...

I am afraid I only have one option. Go thru my insurance and hopefully they will go after her in a civil suit.

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time.http://www.illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif Not because of what happened to you; seriously, F1, I feel bad for you about the car, but it seems like you did everything right, as far as the pics and police report. I don't know if I would have had the presence of mind to act that quickly.

The funny parts: X'ing out your tag #, but not hers, then leaving it in the pics anyway; the stupidity and homeliness of the woman; the Camry joke...great stuff:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Dude take her picture of the post. It might not get back to her that you have it posted...but you don't want to give her an avenue for revenge by suing you for defamation.

Also watch your car like a hawk after it gets fixed. People have found their vehicles keyed by unreasonable people like this woman or her friends because of stuff like this.

But good thinking on the camera pics:lol: Reminds me of the guy who exposed himself on the subway here and this lady snapped a picture of him on her cell phone camera. He got busted and his picture was all over the news :)

I don't get this post at all. anyone who lives in a city and parks on the street ends up with countless scratches, rings, dings etc. seriously, am I missing something?!

Maybe, but if you catch the perpetrator red-handed, you still have a right to go after them for the damage.

You can always pick out the cars that park in NYC, the bumpers are always trashed. I think he was upset because there were several other places to park with plenty of room for the camry. When empty parking spaces in the city are as scarce as hens teeth, you can expect to see bumper to bumper parking and the damage that comes with it.

Some people just don't understand what it is like to own and care for a new car. Obviously the old camry already had its bumps and bruises so another little bump in the front didn't really matter. The fact that she was so clueless to the fact that she parked into your car baffles me, the abrupt stop is not something that you simply can't feel when sitting in the driver's seat. To leave it parked like that... crazy!

I had a similar event happen while I was out for brunch the day before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately the other driver left (bohemeth SUV) the parking spot next to mine and left a nice 4 inch scratch/dent in my DR rear door. I was carefully parked straight and in the middle of my spot, but what are you gonna do? 1st estimate was $650 for paint and dent removal, I got it done for $500 from a friend with a nice body shop. He did a great job.

But still, these things HURT!

NYC is where bumpers come to die! Even in attended garages you still have the danger of someone doing that to your bumper. Here they sell a special cover for your bumpers that you can put on once you leave your car in the attended garage, or parked outside.

X

---

I don't get this post at all. anyone who lives in a city and parks on the street ends up with countless scratches, rings, dings etc. seriously, am I missing something?!

The deal is this. She - I think - lives in a house next to the one in front of which I was parked. That house has a yard, an alley and a garage directly accessible from the street. As a matter of fact there are - at any given moment - so many parking places available on the street that she could have

- parked carefully behind me - plenty of room

- parked anywhere else within meters of her house

- parked up her alley

- parked in the garage

or

she could have hit me and then realizing the mistake she could have removed her car immediately to any of the above-mentioned locations.

BUT I caught her red-handed and will have my day ! Ultimately my car is 11 month old and hers is 13 year old. She doesn"t know - or must have certainly forgotten - what it is to buy your first new car and how you care for it.

The fact that she did not have the presence of mind to run from the place of the accident when she did it...and that she later denied any wrong doing and further aggravated the situation by refusing to have an out-of-court solution such as her giving me money to fix it or giving me her insurance info...suggests a difficult personality. I would not be surprised if she did not have any insurance. In which case...I really hope my insurance goes after her in a civil law-suit.

The bumper repair is probably a 500 dollar deal. Had I noticed it later - say when washing the car - I would have accepted as a fact of life. But why should I swallow the costs when I know who did it...and I have evidence beyond reasonable doubt to prove it ? Tell me why ?

You do realize that even with the photos it is your word against hers. She could claim you parked against her.

Why would your insurance company go after her? The litigation would surely cost them more than the $500 repair bill.

I think, and maybe I'm off here, what f1anatic means by going after her is that his insurance will go after her insurance of the registered owner's insurance. Although he says civil law suit, with a license plate (and I believe he said driver's info also? something about different registration address vs. driver's address?) it's quite easy just to have your insurance company find out if she's insured (or at least the registered owner in this case since she wouldn't give her info) and they will go after her accordingly. I was hit by an uninsured driver who tried to give me a fake phone number. Well, too bad I had his license plate, car make, driver's license info, AND MOST IMPORTANT: I filed a police/accident report and he did not. That's the best thing f1anatic could have done:icon_bigg . It won't be a war of words if she didn't file a police report in a timely manner, or at all for that matter. He'll talk to his insurance company and make a statement which they will record. His account will backed by the police report and the evidence he took pics of. If she's not reporting anything, presenting any evidence as to how HE would be at fault, and not doing anything as it seems like she is, he doesn't have a lot to worry about. But then again... that's just my 10 cents...:lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You do realize that even with the photos it is your word against hers. She could claim you parked against her.

Why would your insurance company go after her? The litigation would surely cost them more than the $500 repair bill.

Now why in the world would the driver of a brand new car not be carefull about parking ? I also have witnesses that the car hasn"t been moved and that I have been at home the entire day. Fvck...I was actually washing the Perrin Air Filter that morning...and could not have moved the car...I installed the filter after I took the pictures and what not.

I don"t think she will report anything. I called police and she did not come out of the house when the cops came...though I am sure she was looking out of the window. And remember...she removed the car from the place of the accident before police arrived...She could have just back it up...or waited for cops to arrive with me.

Now I am carrying a videocamera in the car at all time.s

I'd be curious to hear how this turns out. I'd be surprised if your insurance company wants to so much as lift a finger. don't get me wrong, it sucks that your bumper was damaged. and since you saw them, might as well pursue it.

the first one always hurts. my bumper has like 15 of them. If I wanted to do anything about I'd have to sue or file complaints against 1/2 my neighbors. lol. at some point though (maybe the video camera idea) you have to sort of think that that's how it goes in the city and sooner or later, you're going to get a ding or a scratch.

fwiw, rockblocker or an equivalent 3m film goes a long way in protecting bumpers against this sort of thing. I have it on my front bumper and it is in much better shape than the rear. unfortunately, no kits are/were available for the rear.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

chiming in kinda late but i feel for you. in NYC we all get crap like this from braille parking. but like everyone says, you caught her and have every right to reparations. at least an apology. if it doesn't work out are you gonna still fix the bumper?

Archived