LegacyGT.com

Stepping it up a notch, need a rotated turbo!

I didn't have any time to play with the fuel pressure. But it isn't as bad as before. 

I'm at the tuner now getting a flex fuel tune. They say it usually adds 20% more power. With my 360hp that's about 70 more. Which should get me over 400. Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

Haha , I'm now at 389 awhp, without the e85. Got an extra 30 hp from the simple fixes, Turbo inlet, aos system. Not sure what did what. They are putting in e85 now. Stay tuned!

That’s great. Post your dyno graph if tuner shares it with you.  That things a rocket now. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

The mods I did that gave me the bump from 360-390

-Swapped out the catted dp with oem connection for stock exhaust to catless full 3"

-killer b hard turbo inlet

-IAG AOS kit with competition kit to vent to atmosphere

-Blox racing aluminum TGV deletes with 18mm spacers. 

I think the dp and turbo inlet did the most, but I'll gladly take whatever extra hp on 93 octane. 

They also said my injectors need to be cleaned, cause they were seeing a bunch of misfires and my injectors are old now that I'm thinking about it, so I gotta get that done. 

Very Nice! Now you're at my HP level. I would recommend IDs. I sent my injectors to ID and had them flow tested and found one that was more than 3% off the others, so I had them match another to my set to get then all within 1-2% flow of eachother. I had them in for less than 1k miles before they were sent. You never can be too cautious. 

• Like 1

If I change injectors I need to retune it, $$$, so it makes more sense to just fix what I got. Mine are DW, they do all that stuff as well. The ID's are the best but these 400 dollar injectors seem to be doing just fine lol. The injectors have been sitting for really long periods of time, so they actually haven't had much use. Thats probably why they are dirty. 

390 and 440 awhp with a little 20g with TMIC isn't bad! The best part is look at that RPM! I got power up to 7k, and it doesn't really fall off, so I can run to 7.5-8k rpm. I can literally drive in any gear, the power band is crazy.

Ballin on a budget! 

Sonic cleaning works well. 

I'm just a bit obsessed with making sure everything is at peak performance. I don't want something simple I missed undo all the hard work and $ spent.

Glad you get to enjoy your car.

Btw...what turbo you running again? I'm on a FP Green HTZ with the 2.5 inlet.

I heard good things about the BNRs. I'm going to upgrade to ID 1700s because my ID1300Xs were at 90% duty. I've since added a second 450 walley and still have to install my 8AN feed line and 6AN return. Flirting with the possibility of putting in the xona rotor 6157S and see what I can make with a .82 hotside. The Green has a .57 hotside but they are both 61lb turbos. My curiosity is killing me.🤔

Edited by LegacyGT007

That seems like a lot of fuel. What fuel are you running? I'm still on oem plumbing. Looks like my giant cams are actually doing something. My solution for all the craziness was to just get cams that have a crap ton of duration, and not extra lift. So rather than cramming more fuel within a certain window, I opted to just widen or open the window more. I think the cams are one of the biggest factors for these results. 390 on pump gas @ around 6750rpm and a 20g with 1000cc injectors isn't what people get with regular cams. 

• Like 1

I think cams are a seriously underrated mod for these cars! These 600 dollar cams made a world of difference overall for my cheap setup. 

With any other car, 1st thing people look at are the cams... but subarus its a like cams are some side note. 

• Like 1

I run E65. It's the best I can get in the Poughkeepsie area. 

As for fueling, I want to eliminate any issue that may be affecting my fueling. I always plan for the future. Two pumps are like backups to eachother. If I have one that fails, I always have a backup to get home. I'm far from done with the mods. I have almost everything I need, just not the time😕

• Like 1

I was gonna go with stage 1 or 2 cams, but it looked like they were just more lift, so I went with the BrianCrower stage 3 race cams which emphasize more duration rather than lift, and no modifications were needed for the head, ie grinding stuff etc. 

So when reading the ethanol content, I found ethanol final or something like that in my cobb ap, is that the percentage of ethanol out of 100%? I am assuming 10-85% is all I can get, 10% from pump gas and 85% from e85. I just want to make sure that percentage isn't on some other scale.