LegacyGT.com

Stepping it up a notch, need a rotated turbo!

I’ve had e78+ around Pittsburgh.  I’d bet our year-round average is over e70 in my area. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

No. E85 from the pump is never truly 85% unless you’re buying it direct from a specialty supplier.  It varies wildly between stations as well as seasons.  Winter blend gets less alcohol.  Even at that I’ve never remember seeing anything below the upper 60% ish in my area.  

This is part of the convenience of the flexfuel kit.  You don’t have to worry if you get a low e%, the tune will be adjusted to be safe. So no sitting at a gas station with a beaker checking ethanol content the old fashioned way and loading a tune. 

• Like 2

Guess its time to find out what my local station is providing. When they tuned it, they had 5 gallon jugs of fuel that was definitely special order, I didn't really pay much attention but it wasn't like they went to a gas station and filled up some jugs, it was probably 85% or more, I had between a quarter to half tank and they topped it off with this fuel and it went to 79%, so it was probably some race blend with a high percentage of e85 or a true 85%.

They did the same on my car.  Tuned on 93oct down to about 1/4 tank and then filled her up from a drum of  the good stuff. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And I somehow managed to blow both my amps..... no idea how both went. Looks like the 4 gauge wire came out the sub amp and shorted everything. I have a main 0 or 2 gauge wire from the battery to a distribution block which powers my amps and fuel pump. Fuel pump is fine, cause the car starts. I actually broke out the multimeter and everything has 14 volts including the signal wire, so they are getting power..... god damnit, now i gotta buy 2 new amps...... 

• Sad 1

The owner of this site is a bass head. I used to watch him on Youtube a looong time ago. I would trust getting his own amp brand. Although, I have not bought any of these yet, as I have yet to reinstall my D3000.1 MMATS amp. Still rocking a 4.1 channel Phoenix Gold amp. Not super strong (800W for the sub channel) but not too bad.

Edited by xt2005bonbon
  • Like 1

I ordered from Amazon Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP for my 12" subs, and Pioneer GM-DX874 for the speakers. The stuff that blew up was my Rockford fosgate t500 1bd and MTX THUNDER75.4 

Send em my way lol. I used to have a massive collection of blown amps from when I ran the stereo shop. Like literally 40 or 50 of them. Over the years they have mostly disappeared somehow. Either my wife started secretly throwing them away or friends have “borrowed” them only to find they needed repaired.

I'm not very good with fixing boards and things of that nature, and I don't know where I would go to get them fixed. People/Shops that fix electronics seems to be a dying market. 

I'm right there with ya, I have a pile of old amps spanning like 20 years lol. 

Looks like its not the amps. The new ones don't turn on either. 

Tried running a signal line directly from battery, still nothing. Changed the main 200 amp fuse, nothing. 

I don't know whats going on, anyone have any ideas? 

I hope I don't have to re run a new main 0/2 gauge wire. Cause the only thing I can think of is the wiring at this point. How can you test a wire? 

So I used an unused 4 gauge wire, ran it straight from battery, and nothing. Also, I disconnected the main line which is distributed to my fuel pump as well and the car wont start, so its power the fuel pump. The only difference here is the ground wire. Thats the only thing I can think of at this point, its not a power issue, gotta be a ground..... cross my fingers!