LegacyGT.com

So, you want to drive your 15 year old LGT to a meet eh?

KZJonny

Nobody opted for the raceday 12V DC quickjacks? Shame.

I was also considering bringing ramps, but maybe we don’t need multiples?

Then again…. Maybe we do.. hah!

Edited by KZJonny

7 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Anyone close enough to the even willing to let me ship a skidplate to their place who would be willing to bring it along? Or who I could go and collect it from? Pretty sure that could easily be installed at the campgrounds. -$75 in shipping and no customs charges? Sounds like it's time to ante up and get a nice skid plate.

I am at 02818, can bring that skidplate if the shipping works for you.

• Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

To all this talk about bringing quick jacks, I say FU in a loving, brotherly way

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Oh my.

Yeah. I certainly anticipate some minor  problems, but my best wishes to all that we have an incident free meetup and only the easiest of repairs to be made. Preferably nothing goes south until after the blue road cruise.

I’ll have a passenger seat free for anyone who would prefer to ride in a GT vs. Whatever else they drive to the event if they want to join in the cruise. That is assuming my car doesn’t break. 😜

I’m still going to bring along a decent set of tools. Just in case.

• Like 3

Scored what felt like a big win today. I found out my cam seal kit did not have any discs that would encompass the rear main seal. I went to Home Depot and within seconds found a $5 PVC pipe that matched the seal exactly. I looked around further then found an even more perfect cap with a lip that would get the seal flush with its surroundings... for $0.85.

I'm glad I didn't have to pay $50.00 + rush shipping to get the pricey version this weekend. I could dremel out the notch inside the cap tomorrow.

Oatey 33463

rear_main_seal_installer.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Similar experience with PVC "setting" tools. While swapping out head sets on the family mtn bikes   I came across the need for a specialty race setting tool. I could not replicate the adapter so I had to purchase that from the manufacturer.  But I made my own setting tool with PVC pipe and a cap and saved $75, lol.

20230608_210135.jpg

20230608_210113.jpg

20230608_210043.jpg

20230608_210037.jpg

20230608_210030.jpg

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tired. Threw out my back yesterday, but thankfully 2 Aleve's in the morning made it very manageable. Engine is back in the engine bay, installed the Torque Solutions steering damper lockdown. As I was maneuvering the engine hoist I heard a loud hissing, I realized I pierced the A/C condenser. It's fine, I'll just take frequent dips in the river to cool down during the meet.

Tomorrow is just connecting accessories, hoses, and exhaust pipes.

engine_bay.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

16 hours ago, Enlight said:

Tired. Threw out my back yesterday, but thankfully 2 Aleve's in the morning made it very manageable. Engine is back in the engine bay, installed the Torque Solutions steering damper lockdown. As I was maneuvering the engine hoist I heard a loud hissing, I realized I pierced the A/C condenser. It's fine, I'll just take frequent dips in the river to cool down during the meet.

Tomorrow is just connecting accessories, hoses, and exhaust pipes.

engine_bay.jpg

Good to see the progress, bummer about the condenser line.

You’ll have to take a look at my green dye coloured compressor for a laugh.

Windows down trip for me too.

Shiny new speed sensor installed. Still have ABS light. Boo.

Followed the diagnostic tree for C0111. Everything checks out so far. Further investigation warranted, I suppose.

I would love to have cruise for the drive down, but it’a hardly the end of the world. Just need to remember I do not have ABS if anything hectic pops up along the way.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, KZJonny said:

Shiny new speed sensor installed. Still have ABS light. Boo.

Followed the diagnostic tree for C0111. Everything checks out so far. Further investigation warranted, I suppose.

I would love to have cruise for the drive down, but it’a hardly the end of the world. Just need to remember I do not have ABS if anything hectic pops up along the way.

there's no wtf emoticon any more 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boxkita said:

there's no wtf emoticon any more 

Eh. I guess the next step is to follow the diagnostic tree for the C0109 but I don’t have any leads long enough to get from the ABS controller to the sensor connector by the rear wheel.

It’s raining now, and I’ve had enough for the day. I’ll either find time to fix it, or drive it as is, and hope a deer doesn’t run out in front of me. 🙄

20 minutes ago, boxkita said:

abs is possible with either the parking brake or the pedal. just pump them

Yeah, I’ll just have to aware of my nannied driving habits.

The brakes themselves are great. It’s the idiot driving the car that will fail if something comes up in a hurry. 😜

• Haha 1

Turned in at 1:30am, I clocked about 13 hours of work today. Some of it was spent trying to figure out the discrepancies between IAG's AOS install instructions. I couldn't find 3/4 pigtails for the fuel injectors, I began to fret I wouldn't make my Tuesday morning break-in tune appointment. Luckily I found USCAR to Denso pigtails on Amazon with 1-day shipping.

The to-do list tomorrow (in 6 hours) is:

• Finish connecting fuel lines
  • Finish remaining coolant hoses
  • Finish plugging in harness
  • Siphon out old gas
  • Install fuel pump
  • Install downpipe
  • Install A/C and power steering accessories
  • Install crank pulley
  • Pick up Uhaul trailer at 6pm
  • Somehow load the car without running it
  • Get fresh gas
  • Unmarry old ECU

night.jpg

• Like 4

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Honestly that looks like it is the connection from the heater core pipe (near fig.720) that sends hot coolant to the throttle body. I could be wrong but that is the only small coolant pipe I am aware of. I removed it and looped the coolant that is meant for the throttle body so that no coolant goes to it anymore. Makes for easy intake removal too. The coolant is only needed if you drive in the winter

block .png

TB.png

• Like 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild